Miami at Florida State (1-27-21) at 6 pm on the ACCN.

Advertisement
Cross is dressed, just sitting there in the back row of chairs. Looks ready, no news of injury. People guessing "misconduct doghouse" he certainly has been unmoving and silent, compared to Lykes.

Edit: Seriously, I just watched us sink 2 for 2 FTs; several on bench were enthusiastically clapping, but not any semblance of interest from Matt Cross. SMH.

Jim can’t be the coach next year. He can’t. This is a mess. This program is in really bad shape. Do we realize we literally don’t have a single big set to be on the roster next year? And it’s not like we have a bunch of shooters either. Total mess.

With any luck, they'll have a bunch of injuries next year too, so they can blame that as opposed to doing any self-reflection whatsoever about why this keeps happening.

Advertisement
With any luck, they'll have a bunch of injuries next year too, so they can blame that as opposed to doing any self-reflection whatsoever about why this keeps happening.
We’ve had injuries for 3 years. It’s ridiculous. We either participate in MMA in practice, have a serious issue with the S/C program, or simply have guys who don’t want to play.

Nobody in the media will ask, but something is way off. This is unprecedented over 3 years with a basketball team.

We’ve had injuries for 3 years. It’s ridiculous. We either participate in MMA in practice, have a serious issue with the S/C program, or simply have guys who don’t want to play.

Nobody in the media will ask, but something is way off. This is unprecedented over 3 years with a basketball team.
I'm sure not bothering to recruit enough guys to be able to practice daily has absolutely nothing to do with it

Advertisement
No question that this team has checked out and are just playing for themselves. This program has taken a turn for the worse and it continues to spiral out of control. No doubt that changes need to be made. I'm not on the "get rid of Coach L" wagon yet, because I'm not so sure we're going to be able to find someone better. I do think Coach L needs to restructure his staff and revamp the roster. This team needs some dawgs that'll defend, an athletic big that will run the floor, rebound and contest shots, and some guys that can consistently knock down the 3 ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Most disappointing thing I've seen this year is the lack of structure and discipline that this team plays with. You don't need 12 guys to give you effort, energy and enthusiasm. These are 3 things visibly lacking from this group. Never thought I'd see a Larannaga coached team play this way.
Very disappointing to say the least.

No question that this team has checked out and are just playing for themselves. This program has taken a turn for the worse and it continues to spiral out of control. No doubt that changes need to be made. I'm not on the "get rid of Coach L" wagon yet, because I'm not so sure we're going to be able to find someone better. I do think Coach L needs to restructure his staff and revamp the roster. This team needs some dawgs that'll defend, an athletic big that will run the floor, rebound and contest shots, and some guys that can consistently knock down the 3 ball.
You can find a successful, mid-major coach who would take an ACC job. You have to go back 93-94 to find a team this embarrassing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back