Miami Assistant to Duke

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
From his video interviews I remember him as a good talker and he seemed to know what to say, and of course spin the Im returning to Miami card to his advantage.

Substance wise I just dont have any recollection of him doing anything significant regarding player development.

From his video interviews I remember him as a good talker and he seemed to know what to say, and of course spin the Im returning to Miami card to his advantage.

Substance wise I just dont have any recollection of him doing anything significant regarding player development.
His entire claim to fame was based on him supposedly being the difference maker in recruiting kids like Donnel Harris and Yulkeith Brown to ATM.

His entire claim to fame was based on him supposedly being the difference maker in recruiting kids like Donnel Harris and Yulkeith Brown to ATM.
Yeah, I also viewed it as him saying it was essentially him, not Coley (as to Amari Daniels too if I recall correctly).

What I also recall was that he thereafter tried to downplay a bit his recruitment of those kids so it wouldn't be viewed as a slap in the face to his then-to-be new Head Coach, Manny Diaz.

Advertisement
Tells a lot that besides Mandy, all of his assistants are going to schools like SMU and Duke

That'll change if TRob leaves obviously, but it's pathetic how bad his corching staff was

Advertisement
I'm happy to see our young coaches get an opportunity. Duke is a great place to cut your teeth as a coach he won't have the pressure to produce like he will at miami.

Tells a lot that besides Mandy, all of his assistants are going to schools like SMU and Duke

That'll change if TRob leaves obviously, but it's pathetic how bad his corching staff was
I mean one got an HC job at SMU and he then took his former assistants with him. ish was probably not being retained in an on field role and would have been an analyst again under Mario

TROB is an exception. He was a known commodity before joining Manny staff.

Advertisement
Back