Miami assistant coaches discuss 2017 class

Advertisement
Really enjoyed Coach Diaz's interview on 560 AM. See my post above for the link. He sounds like he really knows what it means to be a Cane and the types of kids we want on our roster. He said current players and even the 2017 players are pointing out who is the real deal and who is not. He did not say specifically about whom he was talking, but I assumed Gibson. He made a comment about rebranding the DT position and what a UM DT looks like. He gave high praise to Jon Ford. Said, he's the best SF DT this cycle.

Really enjoyed Coach Diaz's interview on 560 AM. See my post above for the link. He sounds like he really knows what it means to be a Cane and the types of kids we want on our roster. He said current players and even the 2017 players are pointing out who is the real deal and who is not. He did not say specifically about whom he was talking, but I assumed Gibson. He made a comment about rebranding the DT position and what a UM DT looks like. He gave high praise to Jon Ford. Said, he's the best SF DT this cycle.
Agreed 100% bro...

I think we did a pretty good job overall with this class. Happy here!

When does Spring practice start?

Advertisement
Listen to Coach Diaz on 560 and he was throwing shade

What did he say?

Audio « CBS Miami
At the end he is talking about recruits believing false rumors and guys being premadonas.

It might be reality but it's all excuses at the end of the day. This is a results business. Diaz has done HIS JOB at an extremely high level but there are some suspect recruiters on this staff. Plain to see.

There were no results today. Results are how the kids play over the next few years and ultimately the W's.

Advertisement
Tried. Couldn't do it.. My stomach hurts after how badly they choked down the stretch.

Some of U idiots and of course FAKE fans (like U) will never be satisfied. No one ever thought we'd get Thomas and Harley a few months ago and we ended up with both (shoot...Dean too). Sure one can be disappointed with the fact we struck out on both Edwards and Henderson but life goes on. I want players who wanna be Canes. I don't want those wishy washies (and that's exactly what Edwards and Henderson are). At our bowl game I was sitting in front of this whining cry baby who during the 1st qtr was doing nothing but...well, WHINE...I turned around and had to give his fake a** a piece of my mind...that fake a** was probably your a** huh?!?

What did he say?

Audio « CBS Miami
At the end he is talking about recruits believing false rumors and guys being premadonas.

It might be reality but it's all excuses at the end of the day. This is a results business. Diaz has done HIS JOB at an extremely high level but there are some suspect recruiters on this staff. Plain to see.

There were no results today. Results are how the kids play over the next few years and ultimately the W's.

Ignore him he was one Golden's biggest supporters. Now he is trying to save face in case Richt fails and be the "I told you so guy". If he is wrong no one will care.

Agreed 100% bro...

I thought EL JEFE was outstanding in his articulation and thoroughness of what we look for in a kid. Promotes the Miami brand that is heartwarming.

Agreed 100% bro...

I thought EL JEFE was outstanding in his articulation and thoroughness of what we look for in a kid. Promotes the Miami brand that is heartwarming.
It's why he's been my favorite Coach from the very beginning...

Y'all see me on the threads all the time giving El Jefe credit, it's because he earned it! If you go back & watch him in the Spring & Fall camps, he was the best Teacher we had on staff... He did an absolutely astounding job Coaching up the LB corp with all the losses he had to deal with to that unit.

Then the fact he was on the field, literally calling plays right there on the spot was huge to me... Most DC's are up in the booth, but he won most of the Chess matches he had on a week to week basis vs the Offenses we faced.

I honestly believe he's the best Coach on staff.

Advertisement
Dude gives an honest interview that's for sure.

Loved hearing him talk about outclassing West Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed 100% bro...

Y'all see me on the threads all the time giving El Jefe credit, it's because he earned it! If you go back & watch him in the Spring & Fall camps, he was the best Teacher we had on staff... He did an absolutely astounding job Coaching up the LB corp with all the losses he had to deal with to that unit.

Then the fact he was on the field, literally calling plays right there on the spot was huge to me... Most DC's are up in the booth, but he won most of the Chess matches he had on a week to week basis vs the Offenses we faced.

Would you be willing to call him Manolo? I like that one a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did he say?

Audio « CBS Miami

Wow listening to this now and I absolutely love this. He was talking about the mental maturity of these kids and he knows too many of the guys we went after didn't have it

Yep. Basically called Henderson and Edwards mental midgets.

Advertisement
Agreed 100% bro...

Diaz's second half adjustments were great on their own accord, but especially gratifying after having to watch NoD fumble through play sheets while teams bent his defenses over in the second half. I think Diaz's unit played two bad second halfs all season, FSU and VT, and i think personnel was more at fault than scheme or adjustments. Cook got free because a true freshman LB bit on a fake, and got lost in coverage in the FSU game. The VT game, he just didn't have any bodies in the second half and was playing too many second and third stringers on a short week.

Tried. Couldn't do it.. My stomach hurts after how badly they choked down the stretch.

Go root for another team then! just like an armchair QB, probably never been in the fight or ever recruited at the college level. People on this site think we are the Cane's of the 80s. Need to let the coaching staff do the evaluations and coaching. We recruited for what we needed, the SoFla kid of today is not the same as back in the day.

Last years class was rated 20-something but tell me a better class on the field in 2016

now, that isn't to say this current class is perfect or didnt have misses but lets see these horses run before jumping off buildings.

I like where Richt is taking this program( really love the upgrades on the Oline and team speed)

Advertisement
Back