Miami and the Spread Offense

Programs like Oregon and West Virginia used spread offenses to bring their programs to limelight of the CFB world when otherwise they'd be punching bags. They were second-tier programs that used the spread to level the playing field.

LOL...Oregon wasn't exactly Sisters Of The Poor when Kelly took over. Again, go check their recruiting rankings before Kelly got there, plenty of 4*s. Better the players, better the scheme. Ain't no Tinkerbells beating Incredible Hulks like that, bruh.

Oregon stayed in 20-25 range in recruiting , if not lower. Majority of their classes was full of 2-3 star guys. So try again dummy.

Advertisement
Actually at the same time USC and the rest of the Pac10/12 had problems, Oregon got a lot more kids from So Cal
- USC comes off probation, Oregon goes into the tank

Actually at the same time USC and the rest of the Pac10/12 had problems, Oregon got a lot more kids from So Cal

Or it's because one of the best offensive minds in cfb left.

Chip was waxing petes *** his last couple years and that was before probation. And Oregon never was recruiting at an elite level.

I'm pretty sure Chips best class was a top 15 and majority of the rest was in the 20's or lower.

Last edited:
He actually said Les Miles was fired because of "his personality". Everyone there loved him, they were just tired of his prehistoric offense schemes. They actually told him to change the oc/ scheme and he called their bluff. That's when it was leaked he was fired the first time, then they changed their mind because nobody **** wanted the gig.

LOL...and who did LSU try to hire when they tried to fire Miles the 1st time?...that's right, Jimbo, a PRO STYLE COACH!...LOL.

Programs like Oregon and West Virginia used spread offenses to bring their programs to limelight of the CFB world when otherwise they'd be punching bags. They were second-tier programs that used the spread to level the playing field.

LOL...Oregon wasn't exactly Sisters Of The Poor when Kelly took over. Again, go check their recruiting rankings before Kelly got there, plenty of 4*s. Better the players, better the scheme. Ain't no Tinkerbells beating Incredible Hulks like that, bruh.

Oregon stayed in 20-25 range in recruiting , if not lower. Majority of their classes was full of 2-3 star guys. So try again dummy.

LOL...and what dafuq does this have to do with the price of tea in China? We're not Oregon, we don't have to import talent like they do, barely have to leave the State, baaaaad example. Unlike you, I'm not trying to sacrifice talent for scheme just because. Are you not aware of how much sense you're not making?

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure Chips best class was a top 15 and majority of the rest was in the 20's or lower.

"I'm pretty sure"...LOL. Just say you're talking out the side of yo' *** dawg.

Recruiting rankings during Kelly years:

09...#32 ranked recruiting class
10'...#13 ranked recruiting class
11'...#9 ranked recruting class
12'...#16 ranked recruiting class

You ain't gotta lie to kick it dawg...LOL.

Just gotta see the depth at RB And TE and the wealth of talent at WR to know we will be running ALOT of 5 receiver sets.

We just gotta hope the Oline can hold up and Malik can complete 55-60%.he does that with this defense and CFB not gonna be real happy,

I'd check that.

Advertisement

I could be wrong, but I think they were cleaning up in Texas and Washington mainly.

We could spread it out because we don't quite have the ponies to put in place his ultimate vision. But I really think ultimately we go pro style with track stars all over the field and a line that blows people off the ball.

Sg Spread w a TE would be ideal. I dont like this OL with a traditional pro set under center as our base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sg Spread w a TE would be ideal. I dont like this OL with a traditional pro set under center as our base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what we ran last year.

We were primarily spread with Njoku at the slot.

Advertisement

I could be wrong, but I think they were cleaning up in Texas and Washington mainly.

They were definitely pulling some of the guys USC would normally close on, like Deanthony Thomas, Arik Armstead, Byron Marshall, Royce Freeman, etc

People keep mentioning Alabama when defending the two back (I won't call it pro style anymore because nobody in the pros uses that offense anymore either) must not have watched any Alabama football the last couple of seasons. The line up in shotgun more often than not and while they do use a two TE set frequently, it's hardly Coker T? I formation pro style stuff that people clamor for.

Advertisement
Back