Miami After Halloween

Im not a Swasey hater by any means. S&C isnt on top of of our problems list of why we havent been relavent for 10+ years. We all know if we had a competant coach last year with last year's talent, we put up 3 to 4 more W's....nothing to do with Swasey. BUT, Im in the corner that its time to make a change with S&C. Wasnt it Einstein who said Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?? It's time for change all around. Im sure Swasey is a good guy, but this program needs to look at all aspects and make changes where improvement can/shoud be made. Im not an expert on hiring a S&C coach for a D1 school, but ****...how hard can it be to find someone that can move the needle, even a little bit and improve that aspect of the program.

Advertisement
I don't get yall hate for swasey.... Majority of the pro canes come back to work out with swasey in the off season.... What are they not seeing that you two see? Serious question no bull****!

Did players come back to work out at UM before Swassey was hired??

Yeah they did. We're the s&c coach retained for 15 years though? I was in school between 03-08. So I really don't know everything about swasey. I had two cousins play for miami between that time. They show him nothing but love. I see players coming back to work out. So me outside looking in. Swasey was good in my eyes.

GoldenShowers and Barboni made valid points about players coming back to work out at the u and where they train for the combine.

What does he have to do with wins and losses?

[MENTION=7131]GoldenShowers[/MENTION] do you know if he had the freedom to train his guys like Urban Meyer does or do you think he was micro managed the previous 5 years? What's different from the time Coker was there til present time? Again not trolling. I need to know.

could it be that the OP is ignorant?

bet if you looked at the november SOS vs sept and october it would show the truth (we played better teams).

Advertisement
From 2005-2015, Miami has sported a .408 winning percentage after Halloween. They have a .617 win percentage prior to Halloween. This does not count wins against FCS opponents.

During that time, 25% of Miami's opponents after Halloween were ranked. 32% of the teams they played prior to Halloween were ranked. In other words, Miami actually faced a tougher schedule on average to START the season than to end the season, and yet their winning percentage for that easier end of the season was .200 percentage points WORSE.

This is an EXTREMELY damning case against our S and C program. The team runs out of gas every friggen season, against weaker opponents, for ten seasons!. It is a clear pattern, and despite a dozen different coordinators over three different coaches, the pattern is unmistakable.

The man failed the eye test for 15 years. He fails the resume test. He's been a key part of three failed regimes. He is a coach in a position considered by Urban Meyer to be the single most important position on a college team.

Andreu Swasey cannot, under any circumstances, be allowed to coach S and C for this team going forward.

Not only the end of the season. A smaller microscope to look at is the end of the **** game. They could barely walk at the end of that last Duke drive. They nearly gave the game away against UVA because they were dying out there and couldn't make a stop. A lot of our failures fall back to S&C (Can't put games away, OL struggles, DL struggles, bad special teams, etc.)

10 Best Strength and Conditioning Programs in College Football | Bleacher Report

No Swasey mentioned in that article. All these people asking why Butch, Chud, Mario etc aren't being considered for any other jobs but Miami. Would Swasey get another power 5 job? He doesn't even have a degree or resume to be doing what he's doing, so I doubt it. All he has to say is some NFL guys come and work out here in the offseason.

Last edited:

bet if you looked at the november SOS vs sept and october it would show the truth (we played better teams).

DID YOU READ THE OP????????

Jesus christ it's blatant written there.....the November SOS was easier over those ten years. THAT is the truth. Read more, post less.

Jesus christ it's blatant written there.....the November SOS was easier over those ten years. THAT is the truth. Read more, post less.
i dont believe it.

LMFAO so now the position is you refuse to believe it. Read the original post, it has the EXACT numbers.

Advertisement
ACC Coastal has owned us sadly enough

Right b/c we play our coastal schedule at the end of the season. Where we run out of gas. Every. Single. Year.

There are Canes "fans" so concerned with the wrong things that they will legitimately refuse to acknowledge facts.

i dont believe it.

LMFAO so now the position is you refuse to believe it. Read the original post, it has the EXACT numbers.

you are correct. i am wrong.

Advertisement
I'm not saying he is the biggest issue, but certainly Swasey has contributed to the problem. If you can't tell that Swasey is a horrible SC COACH then you have been watching the canes since 2005

Advertisement
Back