Miami After Halloween

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
From 2005-2015, Miami has sported a .408 winning percentage after Halloween. They have a .617 win percentage prior to Halloween. This does not count wins against FCS opponents.

During that time, 25% of Miami's opponents after Halloween were ranked. 32% of the teams they played prior to Halloween were ranked. In other words, Miami actually faced a tougher schedule on average to START the season than to end the season, and yet their winning percentage for that easier end of the season was .200 percentage points WORSE.

This is an EXTREMELY damning case against our S and C program. The team runs out of gas every friggen season, against weaker opponents, for ten seasons!. It is a clear pattern, and despite a dozen different coordinators over three different coaches, the pattern is unmistakable.

The man failed the eye test for 15 years. He fails the resume test. He's been a key part of three failed regimes. He is a coach in a position considered by Urban Meyer to be the single most important position on a college team.

Andreu Swasey cannot, under any circumstances, be allowed to coach S and C for this team going forward.

Advertisement
Im glad someone else has seen the most common trend under our last 3 failed regimes

Im glad someone else has seen the most common trend under our last 3 failed regimes

I've seen it for years. The same idiots who think we have no talent and need Mario or Strong are the ones who love Swasey. They still can't see what's been staring them in the face for years.

To be truthful, I fell for it too. I liked the Randy hire. Loved him as a DC and thought having a black South Florida guy with his NC rings would mean south florida would be "locked down" and we'd be better than everyone. I was wrong.

I loved the Golden hire b/c he was known as not just a recruiter, but a diamond in the rough finder. I thought he would find all those hidden gems in south florida, as well as lock down the area, and we'd dominate. I was dead wrong.

I have now learned my lesson. I don't give a **** how cool a coach is, or how well known he is in South Florida. I don't care about nonsense things like NFL players coming back, or if Vilma likes coach so and so. I don't care if a guy can tweet cool stuff or if 16 year olds think he is cool. I don't care about a guy's history as a "recruiter" or hidden gem finder.

The school has pumped out more NFL players than any school, yet has been miserable for a decade. It's completely due to horrific coaching. And Swasey has been a big part of that bad coaching for way way way too long.

I don't get yall hate for swasey.... Majority of the pro canes come back to work out with swasey in the off season.... What are they not seeing that you two see? Serious question no bull****!

I don't get yall hate for swasey.... Majority of the pro canes come back to work out with swasey in the off season.... What are they not seeing that you two see? Serious question no bull****!

Former players come back but it's not Swasey that makes them great. But those players also chose Coker to be coach and are cheering on guys like Cristobal. Amazing athletes but they shouldn't make our hires.

Advertisement

If I tell you, do you promise to spread the word? B/C if I have to go over this one more time, I may end up blowing my brains out.

It's a few, perhaps several, it's most certainly not the majority. Let's not pretend NFL athletes come to SFL during the off season for Swasey. Of course those that stroll in for a workout before they hit the golf course, the beach or their boats, are going to be courteous to the program.

The S&C program in Coral Gables is far from elite and in no way a better alternative to any professional sports franchise.

They come back to Swasey because:

1) It's a UM tradition. They were coming back long long long before Swasey got here.
2) It's the offseason. They aren't with him to get into football shape. They come in the dead of winter to maintain their fitness. The dude isnt putting them through OTAs
3) He's an extremely likeable guy, and likely a very solid personal trainer

The thing that people don't understand is that the SandC coach is so so so so much more than a personal trainer to the players. He isn't sitting one on one with guys who are trying to add some muscle, or increase flexibility, or lose some weight.

He is charged with the entire offseason development, both physical and mental of 85 kids at a time. The other coaches are actually not ALLOWED to be around for much of his work. The SC coach is entrusted with so much responsibility.

What people don't understand is that often the difference between champions and losers is the mental application of physicality. What this means is at some point, no matter how strong or fast you are, you reach a place where you are so drained that you can either give up or you can find that little bit of extra to push you forward. These are trainable skills. Our teams fold down the stretch. They fold against tough teams. It SCREAMS to me that they aren't able to push through, and IMO that is the number 1 task an S&C coach is charged with.

Again, the S&C coach spends more time with the team, and much of it without the rest of the staff, than any other coach.

Yes, everyone does the same general lifts. Yes our players put on size. But the job of the S&C staff goes so ******* far beyond teaching a kid how to do a squat. They have to manage the physical and neuro-physical development of 85 kids at one time. And I think Swasey does a poor job of that. Sure, he knows how to be a personal trainer, but that doesn't cut it for championship football.

If I tell you, do you promise to spread the word? B/C if I have to go over this one more time, I may end up blowing my brains out.

Lmfaooo u funny dawg, I want to know though you and M3N have been ripping swasey since the beginning of time lol

Advertisement
They come back to Swasey because:

1) It's a UM tradition. They were coming back long long long before Swasey got here.
2) It's the offseason. They aren't with him to get into football shape. They come in the dead of winter to maintain their fitness. The dude isnt putting them through OTAs
3) He's an extremely likeable guy, and likely a very solid personal trainer

The thing that people don't understand is that the SandC coach is so so so so much more than a personal trainer to the players. He isn't sitting one on one with guys who are trying to add some muscle, or increase flexibility, or lose some weight.

He is charged with the entire offseason development, both physical and mental of 85 kids at a time. The other coaches are actually not ALLOWED to be around for much of his work. The SC coach is entrusted with so much responsibility.

What people don't understand is that often the difference between champions and losers is the mental application of physicality. What this means is at some point, no matter how strong or fast you are, you reach a place where you are so drained that you can either give up or you can find that little bit of extra to push you forward. These are trainable skills. Our teams fold down the stretch. They fold against tough teams. It SCREAMS to me that they aren't able to push through, and IMO that is the number 1 task an S&C coach is charged with.

Again, the S&C coach spends more time with the team, and much of it without the rest of the staff, than any other coach.

Yes, everyone does the same general lifts. Yes our players put on size. But the job of the S&C staff goes so ******* far beyond teaching a kid how to do a squat. They have to manage the physical and neuro-physical development of 85 kids at one time. And I think Swasey does a poor job of that. Sure, he knows how to be a personal trainer, but that doesn't cut it for championship football.

Ok I see. Don't blow your brains out. Very silid points from all of yall. For the longest i actually thought the pro canes come to work with him specifically in the off season.

who would you replace him with? This may sound odd but Wake Forest hires some pretty decent strength and conditioning coaches.

Lmfaooo u funny dawg, I want to know though you and M3N have been ripping swasey since the beginning of time lol

They may workout at UM a few times during the summer and go to play basketball, but that's not where they do their actual training during the offseason.

Bomorito's in Aventura and Davie has been training UM players for the combine and reg season since it was called perfect competition. Now SFL is saturated with other facilities that provide: housing, nutrition, massage therapists, chiros, better training equipment and facilities. Also, it's a place where not just former UM players go, but a lot of NFL guys. So, there's good competition for 1v1s and 7v7 work.

At athletes edge at St Thomas University, I would see a few CURRENT UM players working out there in the off season. All you have to do is look at their videos on IG.

From 2005-2015, Miami has sported a .408 winning percentage after Halloween. They have a .617 win percentage prior to Halloween. This does not count wins against FCS opponents.

During that time, 25% of Miami's opponents after Halloween were ranked. 32% of the teams they played prior to Halloween were ranked. In other words, Miami actually faced a tougher schedule on average to START the season than to end the season, and yet their winning percentage for that easier end of the season was .200 percentage points WORSE.

This is an EXTREMELY damning case against our S and C program. The team runs out of gas every friggen season, against weaker opponents, for ten seasons!. It is a clear pattern, and despite a dozen different coordinators over three different coaches, the pattern is unmistakable.

The man failed the eye test for 15 years. He fails the resume test. He's been a key part of three failed regimes. He is a coach in a position considered by Urban Meyer to be the single most important position on a college team.

Andreu Swasey cannot, under any circumstances, be allowed to coach S and C for this team going forward.

I agree we need a complete staff turnover, but your stats are an indictment of the coaching staff not a S&C guy. Your stats were not S&C measurements, but winning percentages. It is not possible to attribute winning percentages to the S&C of the players. You can assume it's a variable, but there ain't a reasonable person who would blame a teams inability to win after Halloween on the S&C coach. Also what your irrelevant stat doesn't show are the actual S&C stats, which I believe actually were better in the strength category and guys being able to complete endurance exercises (conditioning). Speed numbers were down, but that too can be attributed to Golden because we know he didn't value speed guys. If you're going to indict the S&C coach then you'll have to use actual S&C statistics which be applicable to his job performance.

They may workout at UM a few times during the summer and go to play basketball, but that's not where they do their actual training during the offseason.

Bomorito's in Aventura and Davie has been training UM players for the combine and reg season since it was called perfect competition. Now SFL is saturated with other facilities that provide: housing, nutrition, massage therapists, chiros, better training equipment and facilities. Also, it's a place where not just former UM players go, but a lot of NFL guys. So, there's good competition for 1v1s and 7v7 work.

At athletes edge at St Thomas University, I would see a few CURRENT UM players working out there in the off season. All you have to do is look at their videos on IG.

I remember perfect competition I want to say my cousin worked there for his combine. Another one of my cousins is an agent and he had a couple players getting prepared for the combine then this was in 06

Advertisement
didnt calais campbell do like 7 reps at 225? pathetic.

i remember playing beer pong with him at house parties in college.

It's because players are weak too. Look at the o-line and d-line numbers in the weight room and they are not impressive.

Advertisement
"mcdonald's cheeseburgers do not simply wake up one day and become delicious. they are born delicious. be a mcdonald's cheeseburger, trust your training." - Alfred Golden

I remember perfect competition I want to say my cousin worked there for his combine. Another one of my cousins is an agent and he had a couple players getting prepared for the combine then this was in 06

Yeah, that was Pete's facility. I think he still uses it. You see more of the pro athletes at the Aventura location.

I know some people that have worked for him as interns, as well as some of the kids who have trained there. If you're not a big name (projected 1st rounder) or in the NFL, the interns train you and it has made a lot of athletes look else where for their training.

In '06 it was just perfect competition and the Chris Carter speed camp. Now, there are countless training centers all over SFL.

Did players come back to work out at UM before Swassey was hired??

Young rich athletes choose to live in Miami during the off-season, this is step one. Many of them are close after their playing days.

"hey bro wanna get a lift in?" they come by their old school to reminisce. Who doesn't go back to their old college bltch it's called homecoming. The fact that we had so many NFL stars actually from SoFla has added to the false legend of Swasey. All these NFL guys living down here in the off-season and deciding to do some lifting with the new kids on the team while and reliving the good old days at Greentree does not make him a guru.

Watch our games. We're pathetic. We're weaklings. We're pencil necked geeks. We're one step away from being dragged off the field and stuffed into lockers.

Advertisement
Back