Miami after 9 Games - Historic Look Back Over The Last 25 Seasons

GojiraCane

All ACC
Quick post-game update following Miami's 33-30 win over Georgia Tech:

Points For: This is Miami's 8th most prolific offense in the last twenty five years, as the Canes actually underperformed a bit in TVD's latest start. However since Van Dyke took over, the offense is averaging 35 points per game in Power 5 contests.

Points Allowed: Last week the 2021 Hurricanes ranked second worst over the last 25 years; today's effort which was aided by turnovers puts this year's team as the most generous of the last twenty five years. That said, if Miami can hold FSU to 34 points or less it will fall back behind the 2012 team.

Georgia Tech: In their last 4 encounters, the margin for the winning team has been no more than 5 points. Average points allowed to the Yellow Jackets has been 27.7 ppg since 2012. Today's game was the most points scored against Georgia Tech since 2016.

1636229986607.png

Advertisement
Most points allowed for last 25 seasons and season not over yet. This is all No D Mannys recruits and his scheme.
More appropriate, the lack of recruits at linebacker and CB. Just as he gets the benefits for James Williams and Leonard Taylor, he’s also ultimately responsible for the lack of bodies in those positions. Just like Miami’s offense was laid low in Larry Coker’s tenure by his failure to recruit wide receivers (to the point that we only had three scholarship receivers out of six available by mid season in 2006), this defense is hitting bottom because of these personnel issues.

Advertisement
More appropriate, the lack of recruits at linebacker and CB. Just as he gets the benefits for James Williams and Leonard Taylor, he’s also ultimately responsible for the lack of bodies in those positions. Just like Miami’s offense was laid low in Larry Coker’s tenure by his failure to recruit wide receivers (to the point that we only had three scholarship receivers out of six available by mid season in 2006), this defense is hitting bottom because of these personnel issues.
Rumph and Patke

Advertisement
Fired as DC, yes. I'd be shocked if Miami doesn't make him give up control of the D, even if we win out somehow.

Fired as head coach

2006 - Larry Coker
2010 - Randy Shannon
2015 - Al Golden

Shannon and Golden teams actually have better records at the 9 game mark the years they got fired.

Fired as head coach

2006 - Larry Coker
2010 - Randy Shannon
2015 - Al Golden

Shannon and Golden teams actually have better records at the 9 game mark the years they got fired.
None of those got fired after winning out. The last time we won 7 in a row to end the season? 2001. My whole argument is IF WE WIN OUT he won't be fired.

I believe that had we lost to NC State, he would have been fired. Winning out instead? No way. There is no way we fire him if we win out if we couldn't pull the trigger at 2-4.

None of those got fired after winning out. The last time we won 7 in a row to end the season? 2001. My whole argument is IF WE WIN OUT he won't be fired.

I believe that had we lost to NC State, he would have been fired. Winning out instead? No way. There is no way we fire him if we win out if we couldn't pull the trigger at 2-4.
Im just looking at the stats and Manny look like he is on track to get fired.

He actually should be fired no matter what but that argument for another day.

Fired as head coach

2006 - Larry Coker
2010 - Randy Shannon
2015 - Al Golden

Larry Coker had the same record, and finished with only 6 regular season wins. Shannon’s team in 2010 collapsed down the stretch; we won 7 for the year. Al was fired after starting 4-3 in 2015, with his last loss a 0-58 obliteration.

Manny still has the power to do something that they failed to do...finish 6-0 in his last six regular season games.

Advertisement

Respectfully disagree. These aren't quality wins. Beating bad teams by less than a touchdown isn't a sign of a successful coach/team.

Besides, there's too much smoke that change is in the air and it starts with the AD.

Its possumable that Blake is fired and Mammy servives till nex year. I think Blake is gone dew too the sorri state of the mager sports at Miami and the lite shined on it bye College Game Day.
Possible, yes. Likey, no.

Yes. I doubt Mammy is kept bye a knew AD but its pricey fire him. I’m worried about the FSU game but ifin Miami wins that game, VTech is the only possumable stumble left.
It gets cheaper to fire him and get Mario after 1/15.

Advertisement
Just how Lashlee is able to pull the offensive players on that side of the ball. Defensive recruits don’t want to play for this Defensive scheme.

January 15th is too late to fire a coach. Maybe they work out a buyout before that. Manny’s contract is another reason to fire Blake.
It's only too late if you don’t have another one lined up.

Advertisement
Back