Miami after 9 Games - Historic Look Back Over The Last 25 Seasons

GojiraCane

All ACC
Some facts after nine games:

- Saturday's win brought us to 5-4, the third time in four seasons that we have had this record
- In terms of points allowed, 2019 is the second best performance seen by the Hurricanes over the last fourteen seasons
- Offensively, the 2019 squad is still lagging behind but is putting some distance between the absymal 2006 and 2007 teams, and is actually very close to Randy Shannon's last team
- If Miami can run the table in the regular season and win its bowl game, it would finish with a 6 game winning streak. No Hurricanes squad has done so since 2001, and the next best close was by Mark Richt's 2016 team which finished with five straight wins.

1572924245582.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We're so far behind the horribly inept offense of last year in points for. Bring the clap back?

Advertisement
2001 team only gave up 72 total points the whole season sheesh, I wonder how that stacks up to the best all time

2001 team only gave up 72 total points the whole season sheesh, I wonder how that stacks up to the best all time

103 on the season.
'89 team gave up 102.
'91 team gave up 100.

I'm sure some of those other teams back in the stone ages didn't give up any points at all.

As far as modern college football goes, i found this.

Bama gave up 67 points with 5 shutouts.
They played Miami that year and shut us out with Kelly at QB in his 2nd start.

103 on the season.
'89 team gave up 102.
'91 team gave up 100.

I'm sure some of those other teams back in the stone ages didn't give up any points at all.

As far as modern college football goes, i found this.

Bama gave up 67 points with 5 shutouts.
They played Miami that year and shut us out with Kelly at QB in his 2nd start.

Thanks man, that's very interesting. Bama has 3 in the top 10 sheesh.

Advertisement
03-07 had some great defenses wasted by some pretty bad offenses.

Our offensive skill position players fell off during that time and we've never really recovered.

Advertisement
Some facts after nine games:

- Saturday's win brought us to 5-4, the third time in four seasons that we have had this record
- In terms of points allowed, 2019 is the second best performance seen by the Hurricanes over the last fourteen seasons
- Offensively, the 2019 squad is still lagging behind but is putting some distance between the absymal 2006 and 2007 teams, and is actually very close to Randy Shannon's last team
- If Miami can run the table in the regular season and win its bowl game, it would finish with a 6 game winning streak. No Hurricanes squad has done so since 2001, and the next best close was by Mark Richt's 2016 team which finished with five straight wins.

View attachment 101136
Didn't we win 10 straight in 2017?

Advertisement
Back