Miami adds Lou Cristobal to roster

View as article
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Advertisement
Lou Cristobal's been "added to the roster"..didn't see a "Welcome to the U" tweet from MC that the scholarship players get. Also didn't see the tweet to Malouf(?) et al. that PWO's usually send out to indicate they're joining the program. Seems a little out of the ordinary and ambiguous. Of course that allows the flexibility to add Lou to the scholarship players 'if' there's one available. And of course, he wouldn't be taking one from another worthy candidate. Just moved to the front of the PWO's line, perhaps.

well they are about the same size.

But foreal doesnt bother me....maybe he can push 1 of the back ups at center...and that is good enough with 2 yr elgibility he allows tripp to redshirt and be our center in waiting.

The real issue im confused about is how Georgia State didnt threaten us with tampering like Tulane did when we tried to land Guidry's ace

After we got Gore, they probably felt they owed us one…

Advertisement
well they are about the same size.

But foreal doesnt bother me....maybe he can push 1 of the back ups at center...and that is good enough with 2 yr elgibility he allows tripp to redshirt and be our center in waiting.

The real issue im confused about is how Georgia State didnt threaten us with tampering like Tulane did when we tried to land Guidry's ace
Because we took Tulane’s newly minted DC from them and THEN was about to take their best defensive player.

Advertisement
Nepotism never looks good but at least bring in someone capable of performing like the coaches kids at Clemson.

This guy won't be able to even get in the way of defensive linemen. Even if he's not expected to play, there's more competitive options. There HAS to be.

This isn't a good look.
Athletics is rampant with nepotism and always has been. Coaches have been doing each other “favors” for forever. Ya’ll think Cody Orgeron is here by happenstance or that he had some impeccable resume that separated him from other candidates?

Advertisement
Aaron brewer somehow plays for the titans and local nashville radio rips him for only being 270 so maybe it'll work out

I’m not sure why people care about LC?

(1) he’s not taking a scholarship that we need. This happens all the time with coaches sons or family. Who cares. Nobody also knows if he got a scholarship, or academic scholarship, Florida Pre-Paid, 529 plan, or a PWO, or Mario/Luis is paying - so don’t make assumptions. It does not matter in the slightest terms of roster management.

(2) if you think he’s not going to be a positive influence in the locker room you have to be crazy. He’s going to work his a** off to show he belongs as best as he can. He’s the last person I think in the locker room that will not show up daily and rest on his last name.

(3) he might be another set of important eyes like a coach to help our team. My guess he becomes a coach and can be very helpful to our OL. If you think he doesn’t have a strong understanding of the OL with his family lineage you have to be crazy. He just isn’t prototypical size.

(4) lastly we need more OL even scout team guys who can help in any way. It’s one of the hardest spots to get PWOs and practice guys to help. I’d bet the SEC schools have a bunch because cost of education is much cheaper so let’s take it.

Give it a rest. He’s a Cane. His dad was a Cane and his uncle is our Coach and a Cane. Support him. He’s done nothing wrong.

Advertisement
Veteran Georgia State interior lineman Lou Cristobal has pledged his commitment to Miami, a move that is significant both on and off the field.

A rotational lineman at Georgia State, Cristobal is expected to provide depth for the Canes at a critical position, a need that became all too apparent during the spring game. With probable starters Javion Cohen and Anez Cooper missing in action with injury, the interior offensive line was noticeably under pressure. Adding a lineman with Cristobal's experience could add necessary stability and resilience to this essential unit.

At 6 feet and weighing in at 274 pounds, Cristobal played over 350 snaps last season for GSU. Born into a family with a proud legacy at Miami, Lou Cristobal is the son of Luis Cristobal, a former offensive lineman for the Canes. Notably, he is also the nephew of Miami's head coach Mario Cristobal. Cristobal is originally class of 2019 out of Columbus HS.

However, this is not just a sentimental choice for the Canes. Cristobal is bringing a solid two years of eligibility to Miami, and the hope is that he will use this time to deliver on the field and help rebuild an offensive line that faced some challenges in the spring game.

While the addition of Cristobal doesn't resolve all the offensive line issues facing the Hurricanes, it is an important step in the right direction.

Anyone as excited about this pick-up as me???

Do you think there will be a player that Miami would love to add but won’t be able to because Lou took his spot?

If you do, you’d be 100% incorrect, so at the end of the day, what does it matter?
Thank for continuously wasting your time and energy to provide common sense logic to this dumpster fire of offseason dialogue.

Advertisement
Back