Miami 68 Savannah State 51

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I too forgot we had a game until I saw it on facebook. Exciting, yes, I know, but a win is a win, and we needed one, even if it was against the team we beat 77-7 in football. Apparently this was a road game?!? Huh? We're now playing teams like Savannah State on the road? This is like playing Arkansas State on the road in football...sort of. Makes no sense. Anyway, Kirk had 15 and 9 with 3 blocks, Brown had 13, Adams 12 and Lecomte 10. We only played 7 guys. That's not going to work in ACC play.

Advertisement
I think the game was scheduled as a homecoming of sorts for Rion Brown. Pretty cool of the staff if true.

Michelle Kaufman ‏@kaufsports 2h
Rion Brown, who grew up near Savannah, has a huge crowd there.

Miami Basketball ‏@CanesHoops 1h
Rion Brown and #CanesHoops put on a show in RB's hometown

Miami Basketball ‏@CanesHoops 1h
RB DUNK and the crowd goes WILD!

Miami Basketball ‏@CanesHoops 2h
The crowd erupts as RB hits one from threeeeee

Miami Basketball ‏@CanesHoops 3h
Check out the green T-shirts. They all say "Brown 15" on the back. Rion expects 300 fans from his home state. pic.twitter.com/Mk1hpTqIYl

435.jpg

436.jpg

I too forgot we had a game until I saw it on facebook. Exciting, yes, I know, but a win is a win, and we needed one, even if it was against the team we beat 77-7 in football. Apparently this was a road game?!? Huh? We're now playing teams like Savannah State on the road? This is like playing Arkansas State on the road in football...sort of. Makes no sense. Anyway, Kirk had 15 and 9 with 3 blocks, Brown had 13, Adams 12 and Lecomte 10. We only played 7 guys. That's not going to work in ACC play.

**** right.

This is going to be a long season, I count 3-4 games we should have won so far.

The talent is severely lacking, perhaps if Burnett was healthy we win against St. Francis, VT and UCF...perhaps Nebraska if we could score in the first half.

Next year is going to be an insane turnaround.

Advertisement
We can't have the lapses in concentration and the second-half turnovers against a good team, but it was nice to take some positives from it. I wouldn't say anyone played poorly - everyone was 50 percent or better from the field, and only the bigs and Reed had more turnovers than assists.

This is going to be a long season, I count 3-4 games we should have won so far.

The talent is severely lacking, perhaps if Burnett was healthy we win against St. Francis, VT and UCF...perhaps Nebraska if we could score in the first half.

Next year is going to be an insane turnaround.

This year is a means to an end

Advertisement
Back