Miami (+3) @ NC St on ESPN2 1/30 Tues 9PM

This team is absolutely a disappointment but if we were healthy we beat Wake, Cuse, and Nc St.

Despite the lack of topline performance, if we didnt have SO many injuries and lineup changes, this team would still have time to figure it out before the tourny.

The injuries have been the main difference between this year and the prior 2.

Advertisement
Don’t want to just put this on one player or anything like that because this team is the opposite of having synergy. Our individuals are more talented than the sum of the parts. I always wondered why FSU couldn’t compete with Cleveland. He’s a talented player. But he just seems to be out there. Same with wooga. We are just not cohesive at all. I’m sure a team like Kansas or UConn would love to have a wooga. But this team just seems to be a bunch of individuals. That’s very trite but also very true. We really need to find pieces in the portal next year that create synergy.
Coach L is all about being positive no matter the circumstance but when things go bad you have to create a solution

Zero solution = ME ME ME individual basketball

I think that negative energy that coach L wants to avoid by being always positive is holding the TEAM back, sometimes coaches and players gotta get ****ed off

You can see the friendship chemistry between the players is in place but the on court chemistry is no where to be found

Lack of talented Depth at every position specifically pursuing even low hanging fruit from the portal for Big Man Depth is concerning

NIT unfortunately but hopefully we can upset Duke/NC and punch Fswho in their mouth when given the opportunity

Don’t want to just put this on one player or anything like that because this team is the opposite of having synergy. Our individuals are more talented than the sum of the parts. I always wondered why FSU couldn’t compete with Cleveland. He’s a talented player. But he just seems to be out there. Same with wooga. We are just not cohesive at all. I’m sure a team like Kansas or UConn would love to have a wooga. But this team just seems to be a bunch of individuals. That’s very trite but also very true. We really need to find pieces in the portal next year that create synergy.
This is exactly right. It’s a ton of dribbling that eventually leads to one on one playground style ball.

Advertisement
Pretty important game from where we stand even after 2 straight wins:
View attachment 281142

7 ACC teams (at this reputable tracking site - Teamrankings.com) are rated as higher probabilities to get a bracket.

GO CANES!
Needless to say, the loss to NC State hurt the cause quite a bit (now 28%)
1706741817748.png

This team kinda reminds me of the Chris Lykes years. If Jim's PG doesn't get into the lane, the whole operation grinds to a halt.
I see the similarities. Chris was better at facilitating I believe and certainly driving thru (and getting calls... flopped a good game too.) But he also dearly loved to shoot from outside (way too much) and many nights barely got to 20%. I think that was one of the Coach L - Chris "issues"/share the ball (besides the Woke stuff.)

Last edited:
Louisville hasn't won since they beat us. Still one of the worst losses in the modern era of Miami basketball

Advertisement
Louisville hasn't won since they beat us. Still one of the worst losses in the modern era of Miami basketball

That was exhibit 1 for a bunch of guys playing to showcase themselves and the coaching staff being unprepared... don't know what was going on in the locker room.... Just frustrating play and hapless coaching..

Advertisement
Back