Miami 247 Recruiting Ratings - Wide Receiver Edition

Advertisement
lol yeah, there's been exactly 1 wide receiver Jeff Thomas's height that has went in the first round in the last 10 years( Tavon Austin). Even if Thomas had been good, he wasn't going in the first round. I think we have been bad so long that the majority of our fanbase just don't understand what a first rounder looks like.

Rest Assured I was the captain of that hype train, but that kid derailed that train all by himself.

I wanted Santana 2.0 & instead Santa sent me a sack of muffed punts + lackadaisical play. FML

1329A1A9-952C-4016-95C3-2FA62D122990.jpeg

Derrick Griffin is one of my all-time "what-ifs". 6-7 230 lb - He was the ultimate athlete. Lots of weird circumstances around his recruitment.

He ended up at Texas Southern and was All-SWAC WR as a Freshman & SWAC Player of the Year in Basketball as a Soph

He's still in the NBA G-League
He should have focus solely on football. He was a good hooper but I think he would have been in the league right now as 6’6/6’7 TE/WR than a pf/c in the nba.

Advertisement
richards over Thomas. not even close there.
IMHO, Richards was the best Canes WR we had during the last 10 years, and it wasn’t close. I saw Richards play live for every home game and the bowl game during Richards’ freshman year, and I was just shocked at what I witnessed. Richards was ”game fast” and not just track fast. He could just easily get open on any route, and it was clear that Richards was “that WR-1” and not Stacy Coley; however, it took the offensive staff and Brad Kaaya about 4-5 games to figure that out.

Freak neck injury cut his career way too short.

IMHO, Richards was the best Canes WR we had during the last 10 years, and it wasn’t close. I saw Richards play live for every home game and the bowl game during Richards’ freshman year, and I was just shocked at what I witnessed. Richards was ”game fast” and not just track fast. He could just easily get open on any route, and it was clear that Richards was “that WR-1” and not Stacy Coley; however, it took the offensive staff and Brad Kaaya about 4-5 games to figure that out.

that bowl game run when he took the swing pass to the house was incredible

Advertisement

I'm a big Coley guy and think he was underrated - but you're right that Richards was another level.

I'd go further and say Richards was our best WR in the last 20 years - since Andre Johnson. Really sucks how that injury ended his career. Feel so bad for him.

Advertisement
Back