Miami 247 Recruiting Ratings - Quarterback Edition (2024 Version)

GojiraCane

All ACC
.900 plus (247) players are listed in green.

1705343759228.png

TOP 10 HIGHEST RANKED QUARTERBACK RECRUITS (2002 - PRESENT)
1. Kyle Wright 0.9984
2. Jake Garcia 0.9761
3. Jarren Williams 0.9614
4. Kevin Olsen 0.9582
5. Jake Heaps 0.9547
6. Kirby Freeman 0.9440
7. Cameron Ward 0.9400
8. Brad Kaaya 0.9375
9. Robert Marve 0.9373
10 Jack Allison 0.9264

OTHER
  • This is only the second time since 2006 that Miami has fielded a quarterback room with five players
  • Last year was the first time since 2011 the Miami had a quarterback room with less than 4 players

Last edited:
Advertisement
As the OP has mentioned previously, it would be nice if they re-rated the players after transferring. I'm sure a paid service exists somewhere that does this.

QB position is undoubtedly the most important position on the field. Adding Ward adds a lot of hope that hopefully translates to wins.

Obviously Ward TBD but extremely high expectations. Other than Kaaya, the other 8 did nothing at UM, absolutely nothing, and that top 5 is atrocious

I'm happy that we have more than three quarterbacks. Any team running that low is facing danger, and any team running with just two is really courting disaster.

The 2009 roster with just Jacory Harris is a catastrophe when it comes to roster management and player retention (losing your two backups a week or two before week 1).

Obviously Ward TBD but extremely high expectations. Other than Kaaya, the other 8 did nothing at UM, absolutely nothing, and that top 5 is atrocious
Wright had a very good season his sophomore year. Looked legit. His junior year was a disaster, and he injured his thumb late in the season. His senior year, he was benched in favor of Kirby Freeman to start the season. Kirby was so bad, Shannon had no choice to play Wright and Wright played pretty well until he got injured again and missed the last 4 games of the season. We lost all 4 of those games.

Wright did not live up to the hype, but he wasn't as bad as many think. Injuries and ever-changing OC's certainly didn't help his career. Other than Kaaya and Ward (TBD), I would take Wright in a heartbeat over any of those other qb's on that list.

Advertisement
Wright had a very good season his sophomore year. Looked legit. His junior year was a disaster, and he injured his thumb late in the season. His senior year, he was benched in favor of Kirby Freeman to start the season. Kirby was so bad, Shannon had no choice to play Wright and Wright played pretty well until he got injured again and missed the last 4 games of the season. We lost all 4 of those games.

Wright did not live up to the hype, but he wasn't as bad as many think. Injuries and ever-changing OC's certainly didn't help his career. Other than Kaaya and Ward (TBD), I would take Wright in a heartbeat over any of those other qb's on that list.
Another thing that doesn't get mentioned that much (except by me, because I think this is a factor to Miami's collapse).

Coker could not land blue chip wide receivers at anything close to a replacement level. And that's absurd, coming off of two consecutive national championship seasons and an entire half decade of being in Top 20.

Miami entered 2006 with just six scholarship wide receivers. Coker was having to convert punters and defensive backs to play wide receiver at what should have still been - at the time - a borderline national title contender.

After starting out 5-2, injuries (and suspension, can't recall) we were down to 3 actual wide receivers. At that point it really doesn't matter that much who the quarterback is, you're now forced to run two wide receiver sets and are more configured to run a Paul Johnson offense than anything resembling a robust passing attack.

As the OP has mentioned previously, it would be nice if they re-rated the players after transferring. I'm sure a paid service exists somewhere that does this.

QB position is undoubtedly the most important position on the field. Adding Ward adds a lot of hope that hopefully translates to wins.

They do re-rate players after transferring. They show their HS grade & their new transfer grade.

.900 plus (247) players are listed in green.

View attachment 279127

TOP 10 HIGHEST RANKED QUARTERBACK RECRUITS (2002 - PRESENT)
1. Kyle Wright 0.9984
2. Jake Garcia 0.9761
3. Jarren Williams 0.9614
4. Kevin Olsen 0.9582
5. Jake Heaps 0.9547
6. Kirby Freeman 0.9440
7. Cameron Ward 0.9400
8. Brad Kaaya 0.9375
9. Robert Marve 0.9373
10 Jack Allison 0.9264

OTHER
  • This is only the second time since 2006 that Miami has fielded a quarterback room with five players
  • Last year was the first time since 2011 the Miami had a quarterback room with less than 4 players
Your honor may I admit to evidence the fact that nobody knows how to evaluate quarterbacks in the recruiting services?

The toilet paper I use to wipe my *** that comes with writing on. It is more accurate than the trash list.

Your honor may I admit to evidence the fact that nobody knows how to evaluate quarterbacks in the recruiting services?

The toilet paper I use to wipe my *** that comes with writing on. It is more accurate than the trash list.
You can see that with Texas. I did an analysis once on them and was amazed to see just how many highly ranked, blue chip quarterbacks that they had signed between 2006 and 2021. None of them truly contributed to the Longhorns except 3-star Colt McCoy and 4-star Sam Ehlinger.

I'm guessing that the hit ratio might be similar across most upper-tier programs in CFB, and probably mirrors the success rate for first and second round quarterbacks drafted into the NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Exactly
How the F could Kirby Freeman have a .944 rating? Dude couldn’t throw a ball 15 yards w any accuracy

🤦‍♂️

Advertisement
Back