Miami 247 Average Roster Rankings

GojiraCane

All ACC
1659705846665.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
They were. But the positive side of this is the percentage rose every year from 2012 to now. What he took over from Shannon, though? Wooof

Not sure we're reading this the same way. Golden took over in 2011 and was fired in 2015.

2011 avg = 0.874, BCR = 39%
2015 avg = 0.8694, BCR = 34%

Richt saved that 2016 class. If Golden had stayed, the average would have gotten worse.

From 57% down to 27 in 3 years, 09-12.

What may be most telling here is that that average record stayed within the same relative range. Never lower than 6-6, almost never higher than 9-3.

Reads like peeling brown paint.

Because the ACC is a mediocre conference, and we were a mediocre team. Some very high quality players, lots of JAGs. Not 1 team outside of FSU under Jimbo and CLemson under Dabo that was excellent across the starting lineup, much less the 2-deep. And I would argue that even those team were "lumpy" in talent relative to what OSU, Bama and Georgia have fielded over the past 3-5 years. Those programs are taking "talent hoarding" to a whole new level.

So 6-6 to 9-3 seems reasonable since it means we're hovering right around .500 in conference and winning a couple of cupcake OOC games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure we're reading this the same way. Golden took over in 2011 and was fired in 2015.

2011 avg = 0.874, BCR = 39%
2015 avg = 0.8694, BCR = 34%

Richt saved that 2016 class. If Golden had stayed, the average would have gotten worse.
I thought he took over in 201. I'll take the L.

They were. But the positive side of this is the percentage rose every year from 2012 to now. What he took over from Shannon, though? Wooof
That was as much Shannon - if not moreso - than Golden. A third of the 2010 signing class left within a year, and Shannon's 2011 class was down to two players when he departed in Nov 2010. Golden would have needed to have Top 5 classes in 2011 and 2012 just to keep the blue chip ratio even.

We have a crew tradition that we don’t leave any home or away/travel game before 00:00 on the clock and it sometimes felt like torture.
I hear you man. I still remember golden doing the alma mater tradition after the Clemson game. You could tell he knew he was done but it still hurt having witness that.

I hear you man. I still remember golden doing the alma mater tradition after the Clemson game. You could tell he knew he was done but it still hurt having witness that.

FSU hired a Golden clone and doesn't have a Richt or Cristobal waiting in the wings to save the program. UF isn't in a much better spot. So we get to watch our rivals go through that agony, which at least partially takes the pain of our bitter memories away.

Advertisement
FSU hired a Golden clone and doesn't have a Richt or Cristobal waiting in the wings to save the program. UF isn't in a much better spot. So we get to watch our rivals go through that agony, which at least partially takes the pain of our bitter memories away.
Completely agree on Norvell, I haven’t seen enough of Billy to have a full opinion yet but if his coaching is similar to his recruiting he’ll be on that boat too.

Completely agree on Norvell, I haven’t seen enough of Billy to have a full opinion yet but if his coaching is similar to his recruiting he’ll be on that boat too.

UF just started down the G5 mediocrity curve 2-3 years after FSU did.

It's like they were next in the "row, row, row, your boat" refrain. We're singing "life is but a dream", FSU is on "gently down the stream", and UF just began with "row, row, row your boat". I'm looking forward to years more of their fans' frustration.

I think Sling Blade could be a very good coach, he is just weird and he will struggle recruiting big time players. Doesnt help that he is showing Goldenesque qualities in his hires. He was given a large budget and made way too many G5 hires. Maybe it had more to do with the fact that his weirdness prevented him from getting those hires right.

Advertisement
Because the ACC is a mediocre conference, and we were a mediocre team. Some very high quality players, lots of JAGs. Not 1 team outside of FSU under Jimbo and CLemson under Dabo that was excellent across the starting lineup, much less the 2-deep. And I would argue that even those team were "lumpy" in talent relative to what OSU, Bama and Georgia have fielded over the past 3-5 years. Those programs are taking "talent hoarding" to a whole new level.

So 6-6 to 9-3 seems reasonable since it means we're hovering right around .500 in conference and winning a couple of cupcake OOC games.

I went back and looked at 2018 to 2022 team recruiting rankings for the ACC (247 composite). During that period, Clemson was the only ACC team that had a class rating above our current 0.893. every year. UNC did it these past 3 classes though. Also, FSU did it for 2018 and 2022.

It's like they were next in the "row, row, row, your boat" refrain. We're singing "life is but a dream", FSU is on "gently down the stream", and UF just began with "row, row, row your boat". I'm looking forward to years more of their fans' frustration.
FSU has many putrid streams trickling out of their non-operational, crumbling urinals.

lmao that's a good analogy haha

Advertisement
Back