Miami’s Defense

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not big on our scheme.
Me either but if our offensive line plays at an even average level we're 6 - 2 at worst in my opinion. The offensive line is a bigger problem than the playcaller at the present moment. We literally have one of the worst offensive lines in CFB. That's hard to overcome for any team.

They aren't playing at an elite level, and Manny/Baker like to get too cute at times and do something "exotic" just for the sake of it, but on the list of complaints, the D is far down the list. They are playing good enough overall keeping points off the board for the team to beat these scrub-a$$ ACC teams.

Advertisement
Has only given up one TD in the last 3 games since Manny has had more involvement. Now to replace Enos and we might have something.
Its not crazy that Baker would need time to adjust, thats why Manny should have been more involved early on. Regardless, Miami needs recruiters on the defense. I'm hoping for at least 1 in the off season if Manny stays. As far as the O goes, I'm hoping Enos bails after this season and takes Barry & Stubblefield with him.

Why would anyone blame the OLine problems on Enos? Seems to me when you have a true freshman starting at left tackle that maybe someone has been negligent in recruiting. Bright side is they're getting better as a group.

The defense is alright, and I believe Baker is still learning and will eventually come into his own.

Advertisement
Forcing turnovers was a staple when Mañual Dizaster was DC. It was good to see us doing that again yesterday. I still hate this team and want fuel truck after fuel truck to plow into the Hecht center for kids who can't play good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back