Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

I honestly think Patrick is a courtesy interview given he and Mario played together and has wanted a job at Miami for years. This guy is honestly a middle of the road DL coach lifer (not that there's anything wrong with that) but I've never seen a coach's candidacy get overinflated more by a fanbase than his just because he's a former player.

Advertisement
Im not saying KP would lay a Patke here. Just saying with Big Joe and Strong, I think it would make more sense to have a hungry young recruiter who can help both of them with recruiting.

But again, whoever Mario thinks is the best for this spot has my full support.

I don't get why young = better recruiter? I think an older Strong will be recruiting better than a younger Patke.

IMO, always hire the best person.

Lol at anyone who doesn't think KP would kill it here....

You're incredibly loyal, and I appreciate that, but if KP had gone to any other college we'd be getting ready to murder Mario for even thinking of hiring him. It would be far and away the most questionable hire he made.

And this is coming from someone who was friends with him in college and is a huge KP fan.

I get your thing, and again, I appreciate it, but zoom out, mi amigo.

Advertisement
Can someone translate for me?

We sent cards to a certain CB's Momma for birthday wishes, shortly after UF and FSU posted those weird "happy birthday" videos of the coaches singing and whatnot. Pop Cooney is basically calling FSU and UF out for being corny scrolling through twitter, finding out whose bday it is and sending singing videos.

did not know that. when did that happen? RIP

This was before he left coaching, so maybe around 2004. His wife had just started a Montessori school, so he had a lot on his plate at the time trying to save that school. He has since remarried and has a pretty nice life, I just think that we (as fans) can forget that there are lot of reasons why these guys choose to leave college coaching.

Not giving you a hard time at all, I know you are respectful and meant no harm. I mean, that's almost 20 years ago now, I just wanted to let people know he went through a tough time back then.

Advertisement
So much for the "Where's Ed Reed" questions....lol

Spectacular pickup for us, I think things will be better for us long term because of the changes made to the Football Infrastructure that's been overhauled.

More $$$ means more resources, which more times than not = more success.

Not gonna question Mario's hiring practices since he has killed it so far. However, do we believe the last open spot (assuming Field is the tight ends coach and DVD has an off-field role) gets filled by the start of spring practice on Monday?

Maybe the Jason Taylor rumors are true and he is coming as the DE coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Sources: NFL Hall of Famer Jason Taylor expected to join Miami in an off field role​

By GABY URRUTIA 19 minutes ago

Sources tell InsideTheU that Mario Cristobal will add one of the NFL's greatest pass rushers of all-time to his off-field staff.

NFL Hall of Famer Jason Taylor, who has been the defensive coordinator at national powerhouse Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas since March 2020, will join the Hurricanes staff as an off field analyst. Prior to calling the defense at St. Thomas Aquinas, Taylor was the defensive line coach beginning in 2017.

Taylor, who has called a defense that has won three consecutive 7A state titles in the Sunshine State, spent 13 of his 15 years in the league with the Miami Dolphins and capped off his career with 520 tackles, 139.5 sacks, and 40 forced fumbles while being selected to six Pro Bowls, and once being named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

Taylor, a Pittsburgh native who played his college ball at Akron, also had brief stints with the Washington Redskins and New York Jets before retiring as a Dolphin.

The 47-year old has no college coaching experience, but has been sought after by coaches at the next level previously and has turned down opportunities to make the jump, sources tell InsideTheU.

Taylor has sent defensive linemen to Alabama, Oklahoma, Florida, and Louisville, while multiple other defenders on the Raiders roster have signed with Michigan and other Power 5 programs. Taylor's oldest son, Isaiah, inked with Arizona as a defensive back in the Class of 2021, while his next son, Mason, penned with LSU as a tight end in December.
Some of Taylor's top players at St. Thomas Aquinas include Alabama's Dallas Turner, Oklahoma's Nik Bonnito and Jaden Davis, Florida's Tyreak Sapp and Derek Wingo, and Michigan's Jaden McBurrows and Jaydon Hood.
Stay locked on to InsideTheU for more on this developing story.

Advertisement
Back