Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Besides drinking, beating up women, and fighting with players? Nothing.
who-cares.gif

Advertisement
He would be an amazing hire. One of the best coaches and motivators I've ever been around. But alot of this board has been here a LONG time. Just like with Butch there's some people you just won't find open arms towards. He'd be one of those. **** shame cause he'd be a grand slam addition in any capacity.

Dee:

I don't dispute that he knows a lot about how a top football program should look. There are reasons he made it as far as he did.

BUT, .... as you said, there are no open arms for him.

Let's face it, there are five people permanently banned from the University of Miami. And he's one of them.

Dee:

I don't dispute that he knows a lot about how a top football program should look. There are reasons he made it as far as he did.

Let's face it, there are five people permanently banned from the University of Miami. And he's one of them.
let's make the list in no particular order

1. Orgeron
2. Randy (and this one hurts to the depth of my soul given what he meant to the program).
3. Butch
4. Pete Garcia
5. ?

yep....but if Mario wants him I'd bet he'd be hired IF he even wants to coach.With 20-25 million in the bank I might retire with all my women to Tahiti or somewhere else warm and sandy...LOL

Not so sure about that. Mario has plenty of power, but we have an HR Department as well. And Orgeron wasn't fired by UM for "not winning enough". He was fired for alcohol-related incidents and domestic violence incidents. Sure, if all that happened at the University of Alaska, then maybe UM never finds out about it. But it happened at UM.

I wouldn't bet much money on this. Again, not saying it is absolutely impossible, just next-to-impossible. The only way I could ever ever ever see anything happening was if Orgeron came as a consultant for a couple of years, and then was eventually promoted.

Advertisement
Dee:

Let's make the list.

1. Ed O.
2. Nevin Shapiro
3. First Round Management
4. Drew Rosenhaus (his brother Jason is a UM alum, so he's not band)
5. Terry Porter?

I'd put Tony Russell on the list, but he's dead. I think Uncle Luke is allowed on campus with his high school players. I've seen LeBastard at alumni functions.

EDIT: RSA may be correct on Pete Garcia. I don't think Randy or Butch did anything so bad, although if Beta Blake had any testicular fortitude, he would have banned Butch for the fake injury delays during the loss to FIU.

Last edited:
Not so sure about that. Mario has plenty of power, but we have an HR Department as well. And Orgeron wasn't fired by UM for "not winning enough". He was fired for alcohol-related incidents and domestic violence incidents. Sure, if all that happened at the University of Alaska, then maybe UM never finds out about it. But it happened at UM.

I wouldn't bet much money on this. Again, not saying it is absolutely impossible, just next-to-impossible. The only way I could ever ever ever see anything happening was if Orgeron came as a consultant for a couple of years, and then was eventually promoted.
I can overlook if someone shts the bed. I can't overlook if they sht my bed. That's what it boild down to. He did that stuff HERE.

let's make the list in no particular order

1. Orgeron
2. Randy (and this one hurts to the depth of my soul given what he meant to the program).
3. Butch
4. Pete Garcia
5. ?

Orgeron
Luther Campbell*
Chuck D'Amato
Pete Garcia
Nevin Shapiro

Only when accompanied by HS players

Advertisement
Dee:

You won't get an argument out of me one way or the other. But what I will say is if this was a discussion last year at this time I would've simply laughed and told u move on. This year however IS A WHOLE OTHER DISCUSSION... Mario has been gave a treasure chest of resources and I honestly believe if he were to tell them he needs him on his staff he could get it past. However I don't think he'd take that stance in season one over him. He'd be more likely to take that stance for butch than Ed. Not saying for one sec that would happen either. Just making a statement.

Advertisement
Dont forgot beating the **** out of a couple dudes at a bar.

Forgiveable.

Yeah, I love me some ol' Coach O, but I don't see him being allowed to return to UM....unless...all of the pre-1992 files in the Human Resources department were destroyed during Hurricane Andrew...

I mean, anything is possible, right?

Advertisement
You won't get an argument out of me one way or the other. But what I will say is if this was a discussion last year at this time I would've simply laughed and told u move on. This year however IS A WHOLE OTHER DISCUSSION... Mario has been gave a treasure chest of resources and I honestly believe if he were to tell them he needs him on his staff he could get it past. However I don't think he'd take that stance in season one over him. He'd be more likely to take that stance for butch than Ed. Not saying for one sec that would happen either. Just making a statement.

Yea it was just something I heard that was interesting that I thought I’d never hear but I never thought we’d pay a coach 80 million dollars or spend 10 million on a staff so who knows.
This is a whoooooole new era we’re in like we’ve never seen before so I’d like to see what would happen if Mario actually asked for him…

He would be an amazing hire. One of the best coaches and motivators I've ever been around. But alot of this board has been here a LONG time. Just like with Butch there's some people you just won't find open arms towards. He'd be one of those. **** shame cause he'd be a grand slam addition in any capacity.
or incapacity...

Sounds like he'd have to expend a lot of capital to get him on the staff and that capital is probably better off spent somewhere else.

Yea it was just something I heard that was interesting that I thought I’d never hear but I never thought we’d pay a coach 80 million dollars or spend 10 million on a staff so who knows.
This is a whoooooole new era we’re in like we’ve never seen before so I’d like to see what would happen if Mario actually asked for him…
Mario seems to be big on having control of all situations. Having a loose cannon on his staff like Orgeron doesn't seem to fit, but who knows?

Advertisement
Back