Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Advertisement
Potentially .. TE if Field is moved to an admin role:

-TE Hartley??
and two defensive spots

-LB .. Keith Hayward?
-DE .. Rodney Garner??

Would be recruiter central!!
hartley is at his alma mater close by to his hometown, just won TE coach of the year for a team that just won the title and probably going to be getting a huge raise. He ain't coming, and only ever came because of Richt

Advertisement
I know this has been talked about a million times, but boy do I wish Ed Reed would coach the DBs. I know it's whether or not he'd be willing to be a full time coach and recruit. The dude could teach a paraplegic proper technique and how to watch film.
I understand the attraction but great players rarely make great coaches, and in Ed Reed's case one of the things that made him great was instincts and another was football IQ neither of which can be taught. I'm glad he's involved but not so sure coaching up db's would be in anyone's best interest.

Advertisement
If you mean a particular raspy voiced dude with an affinity for crawfish and whisky, I've heard it tossed around but don't see that as very likely. Would love to be wrong though.
given the scorched earth he left behind after his tenure in miami, i don't think [corrected] *his* return as feasible.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
he's been vetted and hired at half a dozen places since he left here so at some point his past history must have been cleaned up

Really? You heard there were more accusations at LSU that weren't just "didn't win enough games", right?

Really? You heard there were more accusations at LSU that weren't just "didn't win enough games", right?
yep....but if Mario wants him I'd bet he'd be hired IF he even wants to coach.With 20-25 million in the bank I might retire with all my women to Tahiti or somewhere else warm and sandy...LOL

that would be the one.. :ROFLMAO:
He would be an amazing hire. One of the best coaches and motivators I've ever been around. But alot of this board has been here a LONG time. Just like with Butch there's some people you just won't find open arms towards. He'd be one of those. **** shame cause he'd be a grand slam addition in any capacity.

Advertisement
Back