Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Advertisement
TVD can make another leap but it might not be shown with the numbers he put up. He can get better with his mechanics,pocket presence and awareness, pre snap reads ect ect…just the little things if he does that he’ll be just as good if not better

We don't know that he is going to be worse. It is going to be different but not necessarily worse. Being able to run the ball might allow TVD to face defenses not solely set on stopping the pass.
I personally like more of an air it out offense - But I like winning even more than any style of Offense. Occasionally converting a 3 and 1 would go long way for us winning.
I am talking about South Carolina, so I have no idea how to respond to this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did Travis Williams suck at UCF or get demoted? Shocked he would come back
I'm wondering that too, is the assumption that he coached with Steele at Aubrun, and would be a CO-DC here with a pay bump, im guessing more then he made here the first go around and definitely more then his making at UCF, with also the expectation that he is groomed as heir apparent to the DC throne after Steele retires (if that is within the next 2 years). I mean too me it would be a big shock if he came back after leaving so quick the last go around, but im all for it, great recruiter and LB coach.

Advertisement
With T-Will being a DC currently, would it make sense if he is coaching LBs/ to also make him the ST Coordinator? I know Hartley was TE/ST and also a badass recruiter but just having T-Will as a LB/defensive pass game coordinator seems like he would be underutilized for his ability.

But I dont know **** so thats why I ask.

I’d doubt that happens with Travis. Just wouldn’t make sense to me. Plus Ucf will be big 12 soon so it’ll be a money bump soon most
Likely
They dont join for 2 more years. Not sure if he stays that long. Not saying he comes here but that is a while to stay at UCF. But maybe the transition is exciting.

Is that a fair expectation for a RS So. w/ less than 10 starts and a new OC?

Yes. That's actually a legit amount of reps in this era of CFB. Look at what young QB's have done around the better programs. Who won the Heisman this year? How much experience did he have? Not really concerned with the Heisman, but he will play well enough to be mentioned for it, especially if we beat either TAMU or Clemson.

He is physically mature, and has thrown for almost 3000 yards already, with 25 TD's and only 6 INTs with a 62.5% CP after being thrust into the QB1 role after only getting QB2 and QB3 reps heading into the season.

TVD is LEGIT. Mario called him (certainly with a bit of marketing-motivated hyperbole) the best QB in the country. He is going to have a better OL this coming season, QB1 reps all spring and summer, and better coaching. I guarantee you Gattis is going to make the offense very QB friendly to take advantage of his skills.

I don't think a lot of people on this board really processed how well he played game after game last season. The numbers he put up, his accuracy and how clutch he was. He has a chance to be one of the very best guys who ever came through UM, and we know how high praise that is.

If I had to make an even money bet I'd lean towards this being his last season at Miami with him being a high NFL Draft pick next year. I hope he stays and goes out a legend.

Advertisement
They dont join for 2 more years. Not sure if he stays that long. Not saying he comes here but that is a while to stay at UCF. But maybe the transition is exciting.
2 more years Steele might be gone or retired and T-Will promoted. Hes only stayed more than a couple years at Auburn and that was 4

Advertisement
Back