Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Advertisement
That’s plausible but I can’t see him leaving the NFL for that

I was not crazy about the possibility of Hurtt being on staff, assuming another Miami-bro hookup. However, after looking him up I see he has worked with some good defensive minds in Mel Tucker, Vic Fangio, John Fox, Pete Carroll and I read that he was Charlie Strong's right-hand man...the guy other coaches searched out when there were disagreements on staff, etc...sounds like someone who has been cutting his teeth, working at his craft.

Last edited:
It’s tough when it is literally your job to report, but he needs to say less. He’s just making it abundantly clear that he has no sources or information.
I'm not sure why Gaby wrote that article. I think he only has sources for recruiting and usually David Lake does stuff like this. I'd take his updates with a grain of salt.

Gaby's young and pretty green. He went out on a limb a few times early and was hammered when he was wrong. You could tell he took it to heart. Now he does Andrew Ivins level hedging.

Advertisement
Do us a favor, post less.
Hang around and all, but don't clutter discussions with your mopery.
Haters Problems GIF by Austin Mahone

I'm not sure why Gaby wrote that article. I think he only has sources for recruiting and usually David Lake does stuff like this. I'd take his updates with a grain of salt.

Gaby's young and pretty green. He went out on a limb a few times early and was hammered when he was wrong. You could tell he took it to heart. Now he does Andrew Ivins level hedging.
Most of these guys have to write a certain number of articles per week. There's a quota involved because they need to justify their paid subscriptions and / or articles = clicks = ad revenue.

Since there's nothing "official" for guys like Gaby (or most Miami sites) to report, they end up filling their quotas with half-assed / non-sourced / fully-hedged nonsense like this.

I doubt Gaby's a bad kid. He's probably legitimately interested in being a sports journalist. But he's also a cog in a very large, financially driven machine.

Advertisement
Most of these guys have to write a certain number of articles per week. There's a quota involved because they need to justify their paid subscriptions and / or articles = clicks = ad revenue.

Since there's nothing "official" for guys like Gaby (or most Miami sites) to report, they end up filling their quotas with half-assed / non-sourced / fully-hedged nonsense like this.

I doubt Gaby's a bad kid. He's probably legitimately interested in being a sports journalist. But he's also a cog in a very large, financially driven machine.
This is all correct

He probably has a quota of articles per week, and have to provide something to paying customer on the most pressing topic in the program. Having said that, Ferman still has subscribers so clearly there are people out there who don’t know this means he doesn’t know anything.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back