Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

ESPN is saying the other OC will be the primary play caller. So, Dorsey's probably out...

Advertisement
This is an L until proven otherwise. With all the money we supposedly have, McClendon as a Co-OC is not what I expected. Dude is known as a great recruiter but that’s not what we need in an OC. If the O sucks no excuses, it’s silly moves like this to blame.

This is an L until proven otherwise. With all the money we supposedly have, McClendon as a Co-OC is not what I expected. Dude is known as a great recruiter but that’s not what we need in an OC. If the O sucks no excuses, it’s silly moves like this to blame.
You acting like it was confirmed he's the play caller. **** this hire isn't even official

You thought Dorsey was coming here to not be the primary play caller?
Yeah, I thought McClendon would take the primary role and Dorsey the secondary one. I'm not totally sure what QB coaches truly do in the NFL in terms of play calling. Just thinking out loud here.

Advertisement
Where in God's name do you get PLAY CALLER as McClendon's responsibility? He is the WR coach .. period (add co oc for money$$). Whoever the OC is .. will have an OC title and WILL call plays.

Yeah, I thought McClendon would take the primary role and Dorsey the secondary one. I'm not totally sure what QB coaches truly do in the NFL in terms of play calling. Just thinking out loud here.
My belief is any qb coach has an input on play calling.
Ps: except Jon richt

Where in God's name do you get PLAY CALLER as McClendon's responsibility? He is the WR coach .. period (add co oc for money$$). Whoever the OC is .. will have an OC title and WILL call plays.
And you know this how? Please share...

Two hours ago, none of us had McClendon as Co-OC and now you know what his job responsibilities will be?

Advertisement

Two hours ago, none of us had McClendon as Co-OC and now you know what his job responsibilities will be?

Miami is set to hire Bryan McClendon as co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach, sources told ESPN.

Miami is expected to hire a primary playcaller to work alongside McClendon, according to sources.

1641321189907.gif

Miami is set to hire Bryan McClendon as co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach, sources told ESPN.

Miami is expected to hire a primary playcaller to work alongside McClendon, according to sources.

I won't mind taking the L if it ends up being the case.

And I have no problem for the record if it ends up being McClendon / Dorsey or Brady or Briles.

I just find it funny that most of the times, the media reports this stuff based on "sources" in an effort to be first, then have to walk it all back because "things are fluid".

I wouldn't be surprised if the so called "sources" are random posts that they're pulling from this thread.

And I have no problem for the record if it ends up being McClendon / Dorsey or Brady or Briles.

I just find it funny that most of the times, the media reports this stuff based on "sources" in an effort to be first, then have to walk it all back because "things are fluid".

I wouldn't be surprised if the so called "sources" are random posts that they're pulling from this thread.
I hope y’all not this slow in real life.

Advertisement

I would think ESPN is more credible than Gary Ferman but keep that tin foil hat on nice and snug if that suits you best

I'd hate to see your other 660 posts yikes.

Advertisement

"None of us" .. would be you only .. as pretty much the universe following Canes football has seen announcements regarding McClendon to UM as WR coach / passing game coordinator .. the same role he played at Oregon for 2 seasons .. and for 4 seasons prior at South Carolina. No way he is getting full OC play calling responsibility .. and his Co OC title is primarily for a pay bump justification. Don't get lost because of titles. Mac is a tremendous WR coach and outstanding recruiter.

Advertisement
Back