Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Again, did you follow recruiting when Dalvin Cook, Sony Michel, Alex Collins, Greg Bryant, Dexter Williams, etc. left to go elsewhere? Yes South Florida has a ton of RBs that sign at FBS schools every year, but we need someone who can convince the top level, elite difference makers to play for Miami. It is a lazy narrative that the logo will recruit itself, and something that Manny put way, way too much stock in.
Of course we have to recruit, my point is we've gotten good rbs no matter who the RB coach is

Advertisement
Of course we have to recruit, my point is we've got good rbs no matter who's the RB coach is
And my point is that is fine if you want good RBs like Yearby. If you want great RBs like Cook, we need a good recruiter to go with the logo and location. Duke Johnson and maybe Chaney to a degree are the only two in the last 15 years that came because of the logo.

And my point is that is fine if you want good RBs like Yearby. If you want great RBs like Cook, we need a good recruiter to go with the logo and location. Duke Johnson and maybe Chaney to a degree are the only two in the last 15 years that came because of the logo.
I think if we win the top RBs here will come, im not saying be lackadaisical like our coaches in the past but if we're winning it'll be hard to *** **** up, manny brought in that 21 class off winning 8 games, Mario will have a top 5 class if he gets 8 wins

Again, did you follow recruiting when Dalvin Cook, Sony Michel, Alex Collins, Greg Bryant, Dexter Williams, etc. left to go elsewhere? Yes South Florida has a ton of RBs that sign at FBS schools every year, but we need someone who can convince the top level, elite difference makers to play for Miami. It is a lazy narrative that the logo will recruit itself, and something that Manny put way, way too much stock in.
Exactly, we’re getting the Yearbys and Waltons while the Sony Micheles and Dalvin Cooks are leaving town.

Advertisement
Exactly, we’re getting the Yearbys and Waltons while the Sony Micheles and Dalvin Cooks are leaving town.
I am pretty sure the story is we didnt pursue Cook until late. I could be wrong but this is what I remember.

Advertisement
Who was the last truly great South Florida back to leave the region?
Kenny McIntosh in 2019 and James Cook in 2018 are the last really highly ranked local guys to leave the area and both ended up at Georgia. Hickson has generally cleaned up since then. Chaney, Knighton and Franklin have been the cream of the crop in south Florida in recent years.

Advertisement
I am pretty sure the story is we didnt pursue Cook until late. I could be wrong but this is what I remember.
Yearby was committed to FSU and flipped to follow Coley. We recruited the **** out of cook and he played UF FSU and UM signing the financial aid papers (nonbinding) with all three. FSU just won the recruitment. I also think Dalvin wanted to go somewhere without Joe and they had been so connected precociously.

Advertisement
Yearby was committed to FSU and flipped to follow Coley. We recruited the **** out of cook and he played UF FSU and UM signing the financial aid papers (nonbinding) with all three. FSU just won the recruitment. I also think Dalvin wanted to go somewhere without Joe and they had been so connected precociously.
This. Both of them were never going to the same school. I bet if Yearby stayed with FSU, we land Cook.

Advertisement
Back