Mia at BC 4:10PM tip off ACCN TV

Advertisement
This team may very well not win another game the rest of the year. If Larranaga blames this on Pack being out I’m officially out on him

Advertisement
Quick thoughts:
-we lost. To BC
-another bad ending. Back to back now
-how many points did we score in the last 4 minutes?
-were those two air balls from Matt? Looked like it
-10/17 fts. Bad
-they go to zone. We don’t know what to do
-George 0 pts? But that last foul call? Refs should never help decide games
-Djobet and Jakai probably out hustled the rest of the team combined
-the last two minutes were hard to watch
-Madsen? Couldn’t miss. Not guarding him probably helped
-Benz with some bad stuff at the end
-this team just defies belief. No way should they be this bad

I want to blame L because he gave the green light of this roster and was not aggressive in portal but I also understand that this is the lowest IQ team I’ve watched under L. Totally brain dead. A complete and total ****storm by everyone involved with the hoops program

Advertisement
I want to blame L because he gave the green light of this roster and was not aggressive in portal but I also understand that this is the lowest IQ team I’ve watched under L. Totally brain dead. A complete and total ****storm by everyone involved with the hoops program
I don't think anyone expected it to be this bad, deficiencies on paper aside. This has been a complete and utter collapse after the Clemson win last month

We’ve now been outscored 40-6 at the ends of the last 2 games. Complete and utter meltdown.

This is Frank Haith level bad right now. This team is dumb and mentally (and arguably physically) weak, but this also falls on L. Easily the worst coaching job of his Miami tenure. Abysmal.
Do you think Wong and Miller were that good to make coach L look better than he really is the previous 2 years or do you think coach L is starting to lose it or i can't believe we are this bad. Some of this has to be on coach L. Totally unacceptable.

Advertisement
Do you think Wong and Miller were that good to make coach L look better than he really is the previous 2 years or do you think coach L is starting to lose it or i can't believe we are this bad. Some of this has to be on coach L. Totally unacceptable.

Seniors always made Coach L look good.

Advertisement
Whoever coaches the offensive sets is doing a terrible job

Our 10 year old rec teams have better understanding of offensive sets than this team

I blame the coaching staff and that falls squarely on Coach L
Sometimes when you have a certain type of limited roster other coaches can selectively force you into doing things that you aren't good at. Not to keep beating a dead horse but the antidote to beating these defenses is as simple as spreading the floor and letting your guy beat his man one on one.

You take away Norchads ability to beat his man down low and all we've got left are a bunch of guys who need good looks from 3pt range AND to be making them all game long to win.

Our defense is mediocre. Our rebounding is less than average and so here we are.

Coach L's successful rosters had guys like Kam McGusty, Angel Rodriguez, Shane Larkin and Isaiah Wong. These were "all conference" guys who could beat anyone in front of them in most cases and did when we needed it most.

Good thing is that George(0 points, NOT going pro) shows some serious potential for being able to beat his man and I'm expecting Bethea and Schwartz to bring a degree of that with them next year. This should be a teaching moment for Coach L. You cannot coach over certain deficiencies and he should make sure that he never has them again. He did it to himself by not attacking the portal harder.

Last edited:
Unbelievable change from the final 4 run to this team-One of the biggest disappointments in Coach L’s tenure-

No depth or size have killed this team along with some injuries-

Bethea cant get here fast enough-

Pack and Omier were forced to come back be as they weren’t going high in the draft-

There seems to be a disconnect with this team and the coaching staff-

Wooga, was really supposed to emerge this year-He has been the biggest disappointment he’s extremely athletic but, his game has regressed.

Sometimes when you have a certain type of limited roster other coaches can selectively force you into doing things that you aren't good at. Not to keep beating a dead horse but the antidote to beating these defenses is as simple as spreading the floor and letting your guy beat his man one on one.

You take away Norchads ability to beat his man down low and all we've got left are a bunch of guys who need good looks from 3pt range AND to be making them all game long to win.

Our defense is mediocre. Our rebounding is less than average and so here we are.

Coach L's successful rosters had guys like Kam McGusty, Angel Rodriguez, Shane Larkin and Isaiah Wong. These were "all conference" guys who could beat anyone in front of them in most cases and did when we needed it most.

Good thing is that George(0 points, NOT going pro) shows some serious potential for being able to beat his man and I'm expecting Bethea and Schwartz to bring a degree of that with them next year. This should be a teaching moment for Coach L. You cannot coach over certain deficiencies and he should make sure that he never has them again. He did it to himself by not attacking the portal harder.
I think L thought Wooga would join that list this year. It’s been a combination of injuries and poor ball handling that made sure he didn’t.

Advertisement
Back