MIA 78 PITT 76 next ACC-T Mar 9 Thurs noon ACC TOURNEY & 2023 SCHEDULE: (...MIA is 1-seed for ACC-T... but shares regular season crown)

Amen to that. Like VT caught fire last March and won it. A team like UNC has great incentive this time around.
Yeah. I started to mention them. They have to win it and they have the talent to do it. I don’t think they do though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What? That’s ludicrous , I get he’s down on the Acc but that makes zero sense.
I agree. I'm sure the FSU loss hurts us with seeding but ... what if that last shot from FSU is an airball, does that really make us a "different" team? Winning by a point or losing by one against a Quad 4 team shouldn't be THAT strong a factor in evaluating teams.

Last edited:
Syracuse. Wake is so streaky that they’re capable of going ham at anytime. Appelby is a very good player. Tbh the Acct has 4-5 teams that could win and it wouldn’t shock me. Duke is coming on strong though, that’s the team I’m watching.

Yeah I was hoping to avoid Duke till a possible final. Would much rather play anyone else in the semis than them.

Advertisement
Who would you rather play? Syracuse or Wake?

Even with the SU big man Edwards on a roll, I think I'd rather face the Orange. Wake has better 3 pt bombers and likes to shoot it from outside. Argument against facing Cuse is Boeheim has a stellar record of post season play in the Big East and ACC Tourneys.
That's a tough one. Each game against them this year was a battle. For some reason Cuse zone always gives Miami fits. Also Monsanto from Wake is out for the rest of the season, but I still think I want to see Cuse

Even if they are completely different teams, I don't see a massive difference between the actual overall quality of Syracuse and Wake, so give me the one that will look better on the resume, and that is Wake. They are a quad 2 matchup, while Syracuse would be a quad 3.

That's a tough one. Each game against them this year was a battle. For some reason Cuse zone always gives Miami fits. Also Monsanto from Wake is out for the rest of the season, but I still think I want to see Cuse
Cuse zone hasn't been effective this season. They don't have the desired length in the guys who play at the top of the zone.

Syracuse. Wake is so streaky that they’re capable of going ham at anytime. Appelby is a very good player. Tbh the Acct has 4-5 teams that could win and it wouldn’t shock me. Duke is coming on strong though, that’s the team I’m watching.
I guess the pundits are correct that ACC is down if you look at teams in Top5 or 10, where we at times have had 3. But if you took our 10 best teams in head to head against any conference, I would expect us to win at least half under average circumstances. And to the same point made above, each of those 10 could go on a run and go far in the ACC-T, or beyond.

Advertisement
Cuse zone hasn't been effective this season. They don't have the desired length in the guys who play at the top of the zone.
That's good. I just know miami was down double digits to cuse in the 2nd half of their game this year against them. Took a late come back to win that one. Miami should be able to handle either team if they play their game

That's good. I just know miami was down double digits to cuse in the 2nd half of their game this year against them. Took a late come back to win that one. Miami should be able to handle either team if they play their game
Agree. And I'm not minimizing any opponent's capability to win one game in a Tourney. My "respect" even extends to Louisville. Heck, El Ellis could go off for 50. If nothing else, FSU showed how you disrespect any opponent at your own peril.

ACC TOURNEY MAR 7-11
View attachment 232211
(Thanks Gordonsolie)
FULL REGULAR SCHEDULE 22-23

Oct. 30: IUP (exhibition) – 2 p.m. on ACCNX FINAL: MIAMI 89 IUP 55
Nov. 7: Lafayette – 7:30 p.m. on ACCNX ...FINAL: MIAMI 67 LAFAYETTE 54
Nov. 11: UNC Greensboro – 7 p.m. on ACCNX ...FINAL: MIAMI 79 UNC-G 65
Nov. 15: Florida A&M – 7 p.m. on ACCNX ...FINAL: MIAMI 87 FL A&M 61
Nov. 19: vs. Providence (Uncasville, Conn.) – ...FINAL: MIAMI 74 PROV 64
Nov. 20: vs. Maryland/Saint Louis (Uncasville, Conn.) – ...FINAL: MARYLAND 88 MIAMI 70
Nov. 23: St. Francis Brooklyn – 6:30 p.m. on ACCN - ...FINAL: MIAMI 79 ST FRAN 56
Nov. 27: at UCF – 5 p.m. on ESPNU ...FINAL: MIAMI 66 UCF 64
Nov. 30: Rutgers – 7:15 p.m. on ESPNU ...FINAL: MIAMI 68 RUTGERS 61
Dec. 4: at Louisville – ...FINAL: MIAMI 80 LOUISVILLE 53
Dec. 7: Cornell – 7 p.m. on RSN...FINAL: MIAMI 107 CORNELL 105
Dec. 10: NC State – 2 p.m. on RSN...FINAL: MIAMI 80 NC STATE 73
Dec. 17: St. Francis (PA) – 12 p.m. on RSN... FINAL: MIAMI 91 SFU 76
Dec. 20: Virginia – 8:30 p.m. on ACCN...FINAL: MIAMI 66 VA 64
Dec. 28: Vermont – 8 p.m. CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER
Dec. 30: at Notre Dame – ...FINAL: MIA 76 ND 65
Jan. 4: at Georgia Tech – ...FINAL: GT 76 MIA 70
Jan. 11: Boston College – 7 p.m. on ESPNU ...FINAL MIA 88 BC 72
Jan. 14: at NC State – 12 p.m. on RSN ACCNX ...FINAL NC ST 83 MIA 81 OT
Jan. 16: Syracuse – 7 p.m. on ACCN ...FINAL: MIA 82 SYR 78

Jan. 21: at Duke – 12 p.m. on ESPN ...FINAL: DUKE 68 MIA 66
Jan. 24: at Florida State – 7 p.m. on ESPNU ...FINAL: MIA 86 FSU 63
Jan. 28: at Pittsburgh – 4 p.m. on ESPNU ...FINAL: PITT 71 MIA 68
Jan. 31: Virginia Tech – 7 p.m. on ESPNU ...FINAL: MIA 92 VT 83
Feb. 4: at Clemson – 3 p.m. on ACCN ...FINAL: MIA 78 CLEM 74
Feb. 6: Duke – 7 p.m. on ESPN ...FINAL: MIA 81 DUKE 59
Feb. 11: Louisville – 7 p.m. on ACCN ...FINAL: MIA 93 LOU 85
Feb. 13: at North Carolina – 7 p.m. on ESPN ...FINAL: MIA 80 NC 72
Feb. 18: Wake Forest – 2 p.m. on RSN ACCNX ...FINAL: MIA 96 WF 87
Feb. 21: at Virginia Tech – 7 p.m. on ESPNU ...FINAL: MIA 76 VT 70
Feb. 25: Florida State – 4 p.m. on ESPN2 ...FINAL: FSU 85 MIA 84
March 4: Pittsburgh – 6 p.m. on ACCN ...FINAL: MIA 78 PITT 76

View attachment 232210
View attachment 225218
View attachment 225219
View attachment 225220
View attachment 225221
View attachment 222451
View attachment 222859
View attachment 223390
View attachment 225222
View attachment 227052
View attachment 228635
View attachment 230629
View attachment 232209

1678283483772.png

I was about to give some props for the ACC bracket prediction.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back