Mesidor did have a sack

edge

Junior
I found it hard to believe we did not have one sack. But we actually did. In the second quarter with about 13:50 on the clock it was 3rd and 11. Aggie QB rolled right, had nothing so tried to scramble and Mesidor chased him down and ran him out of bounds for one yard loss. The next play it was 4th and 12. How was that not a sack?

Advertisement
I found it hard to believe we did not have one sack. But we actually did. In the second quarter with about 13:50 on the clock it was 3rd and 11. Aggie QB rolled right, had nothing so tried to scramble and Mesidor chased him down and ran him out of bounds for one yard loss. The next play it was 4th and 12. How was that not a sack?
They probably define this as a TFL because the QB wasn't in a pass play anymore.

But who cares tbh, sacks are a overrated statline.

They probably define this as a TFL because the QB wasn't in a pass play anymore.

agreed, they probably considered it a running play..he wasn't looking to pass.

Advertisement

Big Boi Smh GIF by Outkast

Advertisement
Theres hurries and pressures and they are way more telling than sacks over the course of a season.

A sack doesn't mean ****, we had no sacks on the board and Weigman was still ****ting his pants on every throw.
Ok man. Its your opinion let's just agree it's bad.

Ok man. Its your opinion let's just agree it's bad.
I mean, I can ask Joe Burrow how he feels about sacks. Or OLB coach Mike Smith, who is working for the Vikings and his entering his 7th year in the NFL coaching Or the data that proves that sacks are less consistent compared to pressures when evaluating D-Line performance and pressure on the QB.

Through two games, we have three sacks in total and I don't think anyone thinks based on the sack total that we did a poor job pressuring the QB or didn't get any pressure.

There's not a wrong opinion here, there's a factual side and a non-factual side to this.

I mean, I can ask Joe Burrow how he feels about sacks. Or the data that proves that sacks are less consistent compared to pressures when evaluating D-Line performance and pressure on the QB.

Through two games, we have three sacks in total and I don't think anyone thinks based on the sack total that we did a poor job pressuring the QB or didn't get any pressure.

There's not a wrong opinion here, there's a factual side and a non-factual side to this.
Ngl man this is a terrible take. No amount of data or examples would justify it.
Im Out Morgan Freeman GIF

We might have had one sack all game but our d absolutely beat the **** out of their qb.

Advertisement
Ngl man this is a terrible take. No amount of data or examples would justify it.
Im Out Morgan Freeman GIF
Bill Belichick: “I think if you look at the overall passing game, the statistic that stands out the most in terms of correlation is pressure. So pressure on the quarterback leads to more bad plays than sacks do"

I'm just gonna rest my case here. Right here.

No sacks, Weigman was under fire a lot. I've gotta give that young man credit though even if he threw two picks. He was under pressure all day long and did a great job of delivering a lot of darts. He's got major arm talent and is pretty **** composed all things considered. He stays upright and healthy, he'll be playing for a long *** time.

Advertisement
A&M got credit for a sack on exact same type of play. TVD got flushed left and tried to run, got tackled as he went out of bounds. He should have thrown it away, not sure why he did not. But they got a sack.

Without Mesidor…As talented as the ends are (and Bain may end up a DT)…They are young.

Also would like to see Kelly in more of a traditional end role instead of in the flats like an OLB. But that's nitpicking…Lot of things to love on this defense and team right now.

I mean, I can ask Joe Burrow how he feels about sacks. Or OLB coach Mike Smith, who is working for the Vikings and his entering his 7th year in the NFL coaching Or the data that proves that sacks are less consistent compared to pressures when evaluating D-Line performance and pressure on the QB.

Get him back on the field for us this year, and they can figure this out however in the **** they want.

Advertisement
Back