Memorial Day

Tim

Recruit
Thanks to all the service men and women who've sacrificed their dreams and futures, so that we can live out ours. Honor them by living your life to the fullest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Say a prayer for one of my brothers today. Died in some **** hole called Al Ubaydi, Iraq. He was a rifle platoon commander. Was leading one of his squads on a patrol when they were ambushed in a home filled with insurgents. Several Marines were injured/killed. Ryan, with no regard for his own safety entered the home and engaged the insurgents direct. He was wounded several times but kept firing back and enabled the squad to exfil the wounded/killed. He was mortally wounded during the engagement and was recognized by former President Barack Obama during the State of the Union for his heroism that day which earned him the Silver Star. Ryan was a quiet professional, soul as cool and calm as the wind. He was a PhD student studying chemistry at Stanford University when 9/11 happened. He decided to leave his program of study to serve his country. He was a phenomenal human being. RIP Buddy.

414556186.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
My uncle Vince (now deceased) was in Germany in WWII. He would tell us stories of how they crossed the Rhine in the dead of winter and why he had a limp. He took some shrapnel in the leg and was awarded the purple heart. To us that was all there was to know of the story. Later in liffe as he was slowly dying of cancer, my wife and I went to visit with him one last time. We had a great visit and felt bad knowing that the next time we would see him he would be laying in a casket.

As we were leaving I noticed there was a frame on the wall in his den. Displayed inside the frame was his purple heart. Alongside was a silver star and the citation that went along with it. I never knew. No one outside of he and my aunt knew. That's the way it was. He was a hero and nobody knew. That's the way it was with a lot of these guys who lived through the horrors of that awful war. May they ALL rest in peace!

Say a prayer to for one of my brothers today. Died in some **** hole called Al Ubaydi, Iraq. He was a rifle platoon commander. Was leading one of his squads on a patrol when they were ambushed in a home filled with insurgents. Several Marines were injured/killed. Ryan, with no regard for his own safety entered the home and engaged the insurgents direct. He was wounded several times but kept firing back and enabled the squad to exfil the wounded/killed. He was mortally wounded during the engagement and was recognized by former President Barack Obama during the State of the Union for his heroism that day which earned him the Silver Star. Ryan was a quiet professional, soul as cool and calm as the wind. He was a PhD student studying chemistry at Stanford University when 9/11 happened. He decided to leave his program of study to serve his country. He was a phenomenal human being. RIP Buddy.

414556186.jpg
I appreciate you sharing, and he was awesome. Americans for what that is
Say a prayer to for one of my brothers today. Died in some **** hole called Al Ubaydi, Iraq. He was a rifle platoon commander. Was leading one of his squads on a patrol when they were ambushed in a home filled with insurgents. Several Marines were injured/killed. Ryan, with no regard for his own safety entered the home and engaged the insurgents direct. He was wounded several times but kept firing back and enabled the squad to exfil the wounded/killed. He was mortally wounded during the engagement and was recognized by former President Barack Obama during the State of the Union for his heroism that day which earned him the Silver Star. Ryan was a quiet professional, soul as cool and calm as the wind. He was a PhD student studying chemistry at Stanford University when 9/11 happened. He decided to leave his program of study to serve his country. He was a phenomenal human being. RIP Buddy.

414556186.jpg
Thank you for sharing. He was what is Valor.

Say a prayer for one of my brothers today. Died in some **** hole called Al Ubaydi, Iraq. He was a rifle platoon commander. Was leading one of his squads on a patrol when they were ambushed in a home filled with insurgents. Several Marines were injured/killed. Ryan, with no regard for his own safety entered the home and engaged the insurgents direct. He was wounded several times but kept firing back and enabled the squad to exfil the wounded/killed. He was mortally wounded during the engagement and was recognized by former President Barack Obama during the State of the Union for his heroism that day which earned him the Silver Star. Ryan was a quiet professional, soul as cool and calm as the wind. He was a PhD student studying chemistry at Stanford University when 9/11 happened. He decided to leave his program of study to serve his country. He was a phenomenal human being. RIP Buddy.

414556186.jpg
Prayers Sent...

414556186.jpg

The tree of freedom is fed by the blood of Patriots. Requiescat in Pace brother Ryan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back