MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Yeah but that’s from last year, and I’d be surprised if locals didn’t oppose the project vs supporting it. I want it, but I’m not a believer they can get it done.

You asked for information and I gave you some from last year. Wasn’t that long ago, there is just nothing going on with the actual plans, or anything to indicate that it’s going forward, because it isn’t. Until otherwise notified it’s a dead issue.

Advertisement
You want me to tell you how I knew what? About the auto racing industry?

You're kidding, right?

Maybe you could remove your head from your ****** and read the NUMEROUS articles that are talking about how the Miami F1 race is already starting to fail.

Don't generalize about "a tricky draw". That's the line of bull**** spread by a know-nothing, parroted from some Miami F1 race promoter.

I've forgotten more about auto racing than you'll ever know.

I have not posted in 7-years, but this completely erroneous post compelled me to do so. My current employer is a leading sponsor of Formula-1. One of my main occupational responsibilities includes projecting the ROAS of our global advertising endeavors. Our global Formula-1 sponsorship generates a +23% return, and the Miami race is a highly profitable initiative.

The Miami Grand Prix is a HUGELY successful event and some tickets to the 2023 event even sold for $100,000 (yes, it included Michelin star dinners and luxury hotel stays).

This ignorant poster exemplifies why we maintain our US Headquarters in Los Angeles and not Miami.

"The most expensive Formula 1 race ever is now the 2023 Miami Grand Prix - with 3 Day Pass race tickets going for prices as high as $38,000.00. A single ticket to this race has an average price of around $4330.00."

Expected revenue for 2023 Race is $108,325,000 versus $60,350,000 for 2022, reflecting 79% year-over-year growth.

2022 Race
" In the United States, Miami's race day viewership grew by 106 percent compared to the Austin 2021 US Grand Prix with 2.2 million viewers. On the F1 Web/App, there were 140 million views (up 39 percent on the 2021 U.S. race) and 118.6 million page views (up 50 percent ), and 288,483 new followers. During the weekend, F1 surpassed 19 million Instagram followers, a 1.4 million increase since the beginning of the year."

"There were a reported 250,000 tickets sold for this weekend’s Miami Grand Prix at Hard Rock Stadium, which boasts a capacity of 80,000. As of last week, SeatGeek reported an average ticket price of $2,414 for the race, while tickets have reached as high as $33,704 on the resale platform." [$60M of revenue over 3-days...... during the 2021]

You are a moron OC Cane! Not to mention that numerous sponsors of the race contribute to UM (we actually donate sizable sums to UM).

So now you want us to have a stadium that holds less than FAU and FIU and also has no real way in or out without causing an absolute traffic disaster.

Over It Abandon Thread GIF
You missed the point champ.

The only worthwhile stadium option is to eventually (ie: many many years from now) build something on campus and the only chance in **** to do that (10% chance) is to acquire the land adjacent to campus and build something that is amazing but scaled down.

I'm in favor of staying at HRS. This was the only solution I could forsee being palatable to the university from an investment stand point and was a compromise for all the "gotta have our own stadium bros".

First, it was not a loser IN YEAR 1. In Year 1, it sold out because of its NOVELTY and the fact that there were only 2 races in the US.

As is typical for greedy Stephen Ross, he figured he could sell more tickets and more expensive tickets in Year 2, but he's had to slash ticket prices by up to 40%. Some of it has to do with the fact that the event is over-priced, and some of it has to do with the Las Vegas and Austin events. The Austin venue is a superior venue and Las Vegas is doing what Miami should have done, which is to stage a street circuit.

Second, on the "sellout" and overall capacity issues, I already made clear that they had to STRUGGLE to sell tickets in 2023, having to discount them by as much as 40%. IN YEAR TWO. If you think that's a measure of demand, that's up to you.

Again, I am accurate on all of this, and the issue is whether Ross is ******** over UM to make extra cash. And I guess that "only" getting 60% of what he raked in last year on F1 is still pretty good.

F1, as a sport, struggles to figure out its scheduling. You can look at the history of F1 races in North America and it's pretty spotty. Just because an F1 race sells out once doesn't mean it will become a permanent event.

But football, on the other hand, is pretty reliable revenue.
He's greedy because he wants to make money on an asset that he owns which he paid $400M of his own money to upgrade that would otherwise be sitting idle for 6 months on the year?

Advertisement
I have not posted in 7-years, but this completely erroneous post compelled me to do so. My current employer is a leading sponsor of Formula-1. One of my main occupational responsibilities includes projecting the ROAS of our global advertising endeavors. Our global Formula-1 sponsorship generates a +23% return, and the Miami race is a highly profitable initiative.

The Miami Grand Prix is a HUGELY successful event and some tickets to the 2023 event even sold for $100,000 (yes, it included Michelin star dinners and luxury hotel stays).

This ignorant poster exemplifies why we maintain our US Headquarters in Los Angeles and not Miami.

"The most expensive Formula 1 race ever is now the 2023 Miami Grand Prix - with 3 Day Pass race tickets going for prices as high as $38,000.00. A single ticket to this race has an average price of around $4330.00."

Expected revenue for 2023 Race is $108,325,000 versus $60,350,000 for 2022, reflecting 79% year-over-year growth.

2022 Race
" In the United States, Miami's race day viewership grew by 106 percent compared to the Austin 2021 US Grand Prix with 2.2 million viewers. On the F1 Web/App, there were 140 million views (up 39 percent on the 2021 U.S. race) and 118.6 million page views (up 50 percent ), and 288,483 new followers. During the weekend, F1 surpassed 19 million Instagram followers, a 1.4 million increase since the beginning of the year."

"There were a reported 250,000 tickets sold for this weekend’s Miami Grand Prix at Hard Rock Stadium, which boasts a capacity of 80,000. As of last week, SeatGeek reported an average ticket price of $2,414 for the race, while tickets have reached as high as $33,704 on the resale platform." [$60M of revenue over 3-days...... during the 2021]

You are a moron OC Cane! Not to mention that numerous sponsors of the race contribute to UM (we actually donate sizable sums to UM).

With all due respect...

**** off.

You are jumping into a conversation as if you have superior information. You do not. You don't know what I've done in my career and who I am still close with .

This is why you need to shut up. You WORK for a SPONSOR. You don't know **** about the operations of races and racetracks, or ticket sales, promotions, suites, or other non-ticket revenue streams, except the "positives" that someone wants to feed to your sponsor-boss to make them feel good about sponsoring a race that struggled to sell tickets in its second year.

I realize that you don't understand the industry, and I know you were sold the rosiest predictions since LifeWallet went public, but you need to go back to not posting for another 7 years. Because you are uninformed and/or misinformed.

But, hey, keep up your name-calling. It's all you've got.

He's greedy because he wants to make money on an asset that he owns which he paid $400M of his own money to upgrade that would otherwise be sitting idle for 6 months on the year?

Thank you for revealing yourself as a Stephen Ross apologist.

Oh, my god, how our hearts go out to Stephen Ross. This poor guy can't make a buck. He owns a football team AND a stadium, and he needs to make more money on his "asset".

Oh, lord, those poor NFL owners. Yes, the other 31 owners are busy turning their parking lots into multi-sport venues because their sad, sad stadiums "sit idle for 6 months of the year".

Boo-hoo. Oh, the plight of the NFL owners, where even an unsuccessful team in a stadium that needs to be replaced can sell for 6 billion. But, sure, I should be crying over the 400 MILLION that pauper Stephen Ross spent. WAAAAAAHHHHH...

Give me a ******* break. 31 other NFL owners can figure out a way to make TONS of money without redeveloping their parking lots into other sporting venues. Plus all the MLB and NBA and NHL and MLS franchise owners. Stop acting like the F1 race is what puts food on Stephen Ross's table. As I mentioned previously, Ross had the chance to bring F1 to Miami as a street circuit FOR WHICH HE STILL WOULD HAVE MADE A TON OF MONEY, just not as much as he makes by chopping up his football team's parking lot.

Oh, the horror of being a billionaire that can only make SLIGHTLY LESS MONEY by putting a Formula 1 race anywhere else in South Florida...

Thank you for revealing yourself as a Stephen Ross apologist.

Oh, my god, how our hearts go out to Stephen Ross. This poor guy can't make a buck. He owns a football team AND a stadium, and he needs to make more money on his "asset".

Oh, lord, those poor NFL owners. Yes, the other 31 owners are busy turning their parking lots into multi-sport venues because their sad, sad stadiums "sit idle for 6 months of the year".

Boo-hoo. Oh, the plight of the NFL owners, where even an unsuccessful team in a stadium that needs to be replaced can sell for 6 billion. But, sure, I should be crying over the 400 MILLION that pauper Stephen Ross spent. WAAAAAAHHHHH...

Give me a ******* break. 31 other NFL owners can figure out a way to make TONS of money without redeveloping their parking lots into other sporting venues. Plus all the MLB and NBA and NHL and MLS franchise owners. Stop acting like the F1 race is what puts food on Stephen Ross's table. As I mentioned previously, Ross had the chance to bring F1 to Miami as a street circuit FOR WHICH HE STILL WOULD HAVE MADE A TON OF MONEY, just not as much as he makes by chopping up his football team's parking lot.

Oh, the horror of being a billionaire that can only make SLIGHTLY LESS MONEY by putting a Formula 1 race anywhere else in South Florida...
Stephen Ross apologist? :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

The guy could be found to be a tool and "******** UM" because the lease agreement doesn't split game day revenues (parking, concessions, etc.) enough with UM, but because he is maximizing the revenue of his facility with offseason events? Just stop.

Even with the tennis and F1 infrastructure, the parking situation at HRS is better than 90% of other facilities in the NFL and even a higher percentage of college stadiums.

Nail the guy for the lease agreement, the PR hits with the Jonathan Martin incident, flying to SF to meet with Harbaugh with Sparano still under contract, called out on "tanking" for the top pick in 2019, tampering with Brady costing the Dolphins a 1st round draft pick, etc. Tell me you've never been a business owner or manager without telling me you've never been one. Geesh.

Last edited:

The guy could be found to be a tool and "******** UM" because the lease agreement doesn't split game day revenues (parking, concessions, etc.) enough with UM, but because he is maximizing the revenue of his facility with offseason events? Just stop.

Even with the tennis and F1 infrastructure, the parking situation at HRS is better than 90% of other facilities in the NFL and even a higher percentage of college stadiums.

Nail the guy for the lease agreement, the PR hits with the Jonathan Martin incident, flying to SF to meet with Harbaugh with Sparano still under contract, called out on "tanking" for the top pick in 2019, tampering with Brady costing the Dolphins a 1st round draft pick, etc. Tell me you've never been a business owner or manager without telling me you've been one. Geesh.
The ignore feature is your friend.

Advertisement

Nail the guy for the lease agreement, the PR hits with the Jonathan Martin incident, flying to SF to meet with Harbaugh with Sparano still under contract, called out on "tanking" for the top pick in 2019, tampering with Brady costing the Dolphins a 1st round draft pick, etc. Tell me you've never been a business owner or manager without telling me you've been one. Geesh.

You just made up the "better than 90% of the other facilities" nonsense, because you are losing an argument.

Again, he had the chance to bring F1 to Miami without putting it in a football stadium parking lot, and he chose not to.

And NO OTHER US owner of a pro sports franchise is "maximizing the revenue of his facility with offseason events" like this. There are NOT "offeseason events". These are PERMANENT alterations to a football stadium parking lot that already has a second tenant.

Yeah, you tried to create some kind of sympathy for poor Ross and his poor stadium because it "sits idle" six months out of the year, while ignoring the fact that it has double-tenancy for football season, which the vast majority of NFL and college stadiums DO NOT HAVE.

Again, you choose to be selective with your facts and ignore valid considerations. I wouldn't have an issue with Ross if what he was doing was NORMAL. Or at least semi-occasional among sports franchises. But it's not.

But keep spinning these silly fantasies about how Ross needs to keep the stadium "non-idle" all year long. Keep trying to pretend that you are some "business owner" or "manager" who can lecture everyone about how to make money. What Ross is doing is not normal behavior for a professional sports franchise owner, and they are ALL wealthy and they ALL like to make more money. This is just ridiculous, but you ARE justifying it and apolgizing for it, even if you have "Dolphins management" concerns.

Pathetic.

2022 Race

I’m confused by these figures; I only questioned since I’ve worked several Grand Prix in Long Beach due to my former employer being heavily involved in racing as a side business.

Ur numbers seem to be a bit more inflated than this report

Also, it does appear the avg. ticket cost did subside from 2022 vs. 2023 as @TheOriginalCane said. It was still a sold out event, but this article matches his statement.

So iunno, chief.

I’m confused by these figures; I only questioned since I’ve worked several Grand Prix in Long Beach due to my former employer being heavily involved in racing as a side business.

Ur numbers seem to be a bit more inflated than this report

Also, it does appear the avg. ticket cost did subside from 2022 vs. 2023 as @TheOriginalCane said. It was still a sold out event, but this article matches his statement.

So iunno, chief.

Yeah, but he WORKS FOR A RACE SPONSOR!

Hilarious.

Look, there were a ton of problems with the Miami F1 race in 2022, even though the race sold out. "Sell out" in Year 1 is just an indication of demand, not success.

And, yes, in Year 2, they changed the mix and put in more of the "more expensive tickets". Which then had to be discounted to be sold. Net net? The point is the same, "sell out" is a relative term. As for his use of "ticket reseller prices" as some sort of metric for establishing the success of the race, it's laughable. I could have purchased tickets on the F1 site during the week of the race, and there were secondary-market tickets BELOW retail during the weekend of the event.

The bottom line is that there were problems in Year 2 as well, including the racing surface, which is soooo unexpected for a race held in a parking lot, right?

Will Stephen Ross fix everything? Maybe. Maybe not. But as he faces more competition from Austin and Las Vegas and whoever else tries to secure a Formula 1 race, who knows what will happen.

But, hey, this porster came here to regurgitate race-sponsor factoids, not to indulge in actual conversation about news reports and decades of results in the motorsports industry. Who are we to argue with his brilliance? Or the guy whose daddy knows people? Or the guy who loves Stephen Ross's business sense but hates his Dolphins management? Our experiences pale in comparison to these geniuses...

Thank goodness nobody told any of the sponsors THIS:

1683522345544.png

Advertisement
Yeah, but he WORKS FOR A RACE SPONSOR!

Hilarious.

Look, there were a ton of problems with the Miami F1 race in 2022, even though the race sold out. "Sell out" in Year 1 is just an indication of demand, not success.

And, yes, in Year 2, they changed the mix and put in more of the "more expensive tickets". Which then had to be discounted to be sold. Net net? The point is the same, "sell out" is a relative term. As for his use of "ticket reseller prices" as some sort of metric for establishing the success of the race, it's laughable. I could have purchased tickets on the F1 site during the week of the race, and there were secondary-market tickets BELOW retail during the weekend of the event.

The bottom line is that there were problems in Year 2 as well, including the racing surface, which is soooo unexpected for a race held in a parking lot, right?

Will Stephen Ross fix everything? Maybe. Maybe not. But as he faces more competition from Austin and Las Vegas and whoever else tries to secure a Formula 1 race, who knows what will happen.

But, hey, this porster came here to regurgitate race-sponsor factoids, not to indulge in actual conversation about news reports and decades of results in the motorsports industry. Who are we to argue with his brilliance? Or the guy whose daddy knows people? Or the guy who loves Stephen Ross's business sense but hates his Dolphins management? Our experiences pale in comparison to these geniuses...

Thank goodness nobody told any of the sponsors THIS:

View attachment 237647

To really understand how successful F1 is in Miami, have to look 4-5 years after premier imo. A lot of people will show up to something because it’s new.

Advertisement
With all due respect...

**** off.

You are jumping into a conversation as if you have superior information. You do not. You don't know what I've done in my career and who I am still close with .

This is why you need to shut up. You WORK for a SPONSOR. You don't know **** about the operations of races and racetracks, or ticket sales, promotions, suites, or other non-ticket revenue streams, except the "positives" that someone wants to feed to your sponsor-boss to make them feel good about sponsoring a race that struggled to sell tickets in its second year.

I realize that you don't understand the industry, and I know you were sold the rosiest predictions since LifeWallet went public, but you need to go back to not posting for another 7 years. Because you are uninformed and/or misinformed.

But, hey, keep up your name-calling. It's all you've got.

A person's writing style is a direct delineation of their education, and you have the writing skills of a teenager.

The Miami Grand Prix is undoubtedly a profitable venture, and revenue from the event increased by approximately 80% year-over-year. "The first-ever Formula 1® Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix boosted the local economy by $350 million."

My goal was to correct an ignorant statement, made by an imbecile, about an event that greatly benefits the city and will remain an integral part of Miami for at least eight additional years.

A person's writing style is a direct delineation of their education, and you have the writing skills of a teenager.

The Miami Grand Prix is undoubtedly a profitable venture, and revenue from the event increased by approximately 80% year-over-year. "The first-ever Formula 1® Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix boosted the local economy by $350 million."

My goal was to correct an ignorant statement, made by an imbecile, about an event that greatly benefits the city and will remain an integral part of Miami for at least eight additional years.
Brian Bell Good Job GIF by Weezer

Advertisement
Back