MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Advertisement
Either it's on (not just near) campus or it's a dead issue. No sense in anything else.

So there's not really anybody (or very few folks) clamoring for Miami to build its own stadium somewhere else in Miami/Dade (maybe a little like South Carolina, where Williams-Brice is about a mile and a half walk from campus)?

So there's not really anybody (or very few folks) clamoring for Miami to build its own stadium somewhere else in Miami/Dade (maybe a little like South Carolina, where Williams-Brice is about a mile and a half walk from campus)?
There is NOTHING "a mile and a half walk" from UM campus besides $1.0 million dollar + homes and commercial properties. Realistic individuals are discussing the most feasible land assemblage options that might exist and there is nothing within several miles of UM campus and even those would require years and hundreds of millions of dollars to put together.

There is NOTHING "a mile and a half walk" from UM campus besides $1.0 million dollar + homes and commercial properties. Realistic individuals are discussing the most feasible land assemblage options that might exist and there is nothing within several miles of UM campus and even those would require years and hundreds of millions of dollars to put together.
Lol at Coral Gables EVER letting a Stadium be built there (even if there was room)....

Just to be clear Cane brotha, I'm not advocating for Miami to "build its own stadium" (unless a blessed act of a just and loving God flattens the abomination that lies on hallowed ground in Little Havana).

I'm just trying to get a sense of what (and where) the "We need our own stadium!" crowd has in mind?

Advertisement
Everyone knows you can't win an NC without your own stadium.

oh wait.............

Serious ?; can you name a football program that has won a national title w/o their own? And b4 u try to use a tricky scenario of Miami + The OB; as it’s already been discussed, The Miami Hurricanes were the first team to play their since it’s inception. Yes the city owned the stadium, but our situation was no different than SC’s situation at the Coliseum or UCLA’s situation at the Rose Bowl.

I’ll hang up now & wait for u to tell me what school in the last 50 yrs have won a title w/o their own home.

Just to be clear Cane brotha, I'm not advocating for Miami to "build its own stadium" (unless a blessed act of a just and loving God flattens the abomination that lies on hallowed ground in Little Havana).

I'm just trying to get a sense of what (and where) the "We need our own stadium!" crowd has in mind?
Trust me this is hypothetical, and someone already suggested this, but the area immediately east of Marlins Park is a **** hole and could be annexed so that a new stadium is constructed. The tailgate addicts and Broward residents would have to adjust but that's the heart of the citay, and it is, after all, the University of MIAMI and not Miami Gardens.

Trust me this is hypothetical, and someone already suggested this, but the area immediately east of Marlins Park is a **** hole and could be annexed so that a new stadium is constructed. The tailgate addicts and Broward residents would have to adjust but that's the heart of the citay, and it is, after all, the University of MIAMI and not Miami Gardens.
How much do the tailgate addicts and Broward/Palm Beach residents donate to the school? Do you think it's small enough that the school won't need it to buy the land, and build and maintain the stadium?

How much do the tailgate addicts and Broward/Palm Beach residents donate to the school? Do you think it's small enough that the school won't need it to buy the land, and build and maintain the stadium?
If the Broward and PBC tailgate addicts won't support a stadium inside Miami's city limits then we will see who the true fans really are, won't we? There are plenty who have said they'll follow the team anywhere but I'm not certain they're all being sincere. There are entitlement issues that must be addressed.

Advertisement
If the Broward and PBC tailgate addicts won't support a stadium inside Miami's city limits then we will see who the true fans really are. There are plenty who have said they'll follow the team anywhere but I'm not certain they're all being sincere.
I'm sure plenty will. I'm also certain that if a high dollar donor has concerns, they're taken seriously.

Serious ?; can you name a football program that has won a national title w/o their own? And b4 u try to use a tricky scenario of Miami + The OB; as it’s already been discussed, The Miami Hurricanes were the first team to play their since it’s inception. Yes the city owned the stadium, but our situation was no different than SC’s situation at the Coliseum or UCLA’s situation at the Rose Bowl.

I’ll hang up now & wait for u to tell me what school in the last 50 yrs have won a title w/o their own home.
Stop it.

We didn't own the OB.

So yeah I can name a team who won without their own stadium.

Stop it.

We didn't own the OB.

So yeah I can name a team who won without their own stadium.

U keep trying to use tricky word play.

I said WITHOUT THEIR OWN? Now, how in tf do u take that statement & say “We owned?” No where did I say they “owned” the OB. Surely u understand the difference between the two terminologies & usage, don’t u?

Just in case ur degree is not helping u in this distinction, let me expand on my examples I provided:

If any one where to ask, do USC have their “own” stadium, the consensus would be, yes, they have their own stadium. It doesn’t mean they, themselves OWN the stadium; The City of LA & County of LA are the actual OWNERS of the stadium.

If anyone were to ask do UCLA have their own stadium, the consensus would say, yes; UCLA have their own stadium. Again, this does not indicate UCLA OWNING the stadium; The City of Pasadena & The Rose Bowl Committee actually OWN the stadium! Do u see the difference??

The Miami Hurricanes stadium was The OB; if any one were to ask, did the Hurricanes have their own stadium, the consensus would say The OB was their stadium. No one said CHIT about Miami owning the stadium.

Like stop trying to be tricky w/ ur bull chit to try make a point. U know exactly wtf I’m saying.

The Miami Hurricanes was THE FIRST patrons of The OB since its very inception, therefore that was our stadium despite if The City owned it.

I said WITHOUT THEIR OWN? Now, how in tf do u take that statement & say “We owned?” No where did I say they “owned” the OB. Surely u understand the difference between the two terminologies & usage, don’t u?

Just in case ur degree is not helping u in this distinction, let me expand on my examples I provided:

If any one where to ask, do USC have their “own” stadium, the consensus would be, yes, they have their own stadium. It doesn’t mean they, themselves OWN the stadium; The City of LA & County of LA are the actual OWNERS of the stadium.

If anyone were to ask do UCLA have their own stadium, the consensus would say, yes; UCLA have their own stadium. Again, this does not indicate UCLA OWNING the stadium; The City of Pasadena & The Rose Bowl Committee actually OWN the stadium! Do u see the difference??

The Miami Hurricanes stadium was The OB; if any one were to ask, did the Hurricanes have their own stadium, the consensus would say The OB was their stadium. No one said CHIT about Miami owning the stadium.

Like stop trying to be tricky w/ ur bull chit to try make a point. U know exactly wtf I’m saying.

The Miami Hurricanes was THE FIRST patrons of The OB since its very inception, therefore that was our stadium despite if The City owned it.

Relly, you probably mentioned this before and I missed it ... but where do you think "Miam's own stadium" should be built?

Advertisement

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Relly, you probably mentioned this before and I missed it ... but where do you think "Miam's own stadium" should be built?

There’s several plots of commercial land throughout Miami-Dade. Coral Gables is completely out of the ?, & that should never, ever be mentioned again as a possibility.

With that being said, with creative planning, where Marlins Stadium is located, a Football Stadium can be built adjacent to it. In commercial real-estate, even when land doesn’t appear to be available, it can be. @TheOriginalCane can provide the mappings of what we discussed that are feasible & viable w/ the proper vetting & planning.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not Relly.

Tropical Park. 2 miles from campus. Already a football stadium at the site. Plenty of room. An area ripe for re-development. Literally abuts a major highway. Wouldn't have to worry about relocating people or businesses (although, purchasing some of the warehouses across the 874/826, turning them into parking garages and then constructing a pedestrian bridge wouldn't be a bad idea).

It really is the perfect spot. And - a public-private partnership agreement to upgrade the park and surrounding areas is the only way TP gets dragged into the 21st century. I swear, the same exact rickety bleachers behind softball field 2 that a 6-year-old Ajcane fell off of and broke his wrist, back in 1998, are still there.

Will it (there) be...
Easy? No.
Expensive? Yes.
Infrastructure issues? Sure.
Political hurdles? Definitely.

But don't let people tell you there isn't a spot "near" campus.

Though that's just the opinion of one (well, there are plenty more who agree with me, including a few former players I've spoken to) lifelong, 3rd-generation Miami resident and legacy/double alumni (the bona fides aren't entirely relevant, but I have to throw them in because most of the backlash to the idea comes via the "you don't live here" crowd).

Not Relly.

Tropical Park. 2 miles from campus. Already a football stadium at the site. Plenty of room. An area ripe for re-development. Literally abuts a major highway. Wouldn't have to worry about relocating people or businesses (although, purchasing some of the warehouses across the 874/826, turning them into parking garages and then constructing a pedestrian bridge wouldn't be a bad idea).

It really is the perfect spot. And - a public-private partnership agreement to upgrade the park and surrounding areas is the only way TP gets dragged into the 21st century. I swear, the same exact rickety bleachers behind softball field 2 that a 6-year-old Ajcane fell off of and broke his wrist, back in 1998, are still there.

Will it (there) be...
Easy? No.
Expensive? Yes.
Infrastructure issues? Sure.
Political hurdles? Definitely.

But don't let people tell you there isn't a spot "near" campus.

Though that's just the opinion of one (well, there are plenty more who agree with me, including a few former players I've spoken to) lifelong, 3rd-generation Miami resident and legacy/double alumni (the bona fides aren't entirely relevant, but I have to throw them in because most of the backlash to the idea comes via the "you don't live here" crowd).

TP is close to being a dead issue. The residents and local pols will oppose it vigorously. You got to come up with somewhere else

If the Broward and PBC tailgate addicts won't support a stadium inside Miami's city limits then we will see who the true fans really are, won't we? There are plenty who have said they'll follow the team anywhere but I'm not certain they're all being sincere. There are entitlement issues that must be addressed.
red herring. who care within which municipality they play. this is stupid.

Advertisement
Back