MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Advertisement
Whenever the new stadium is built, I will be one of the first persons to buy season tickets should I live that long. Until then, I will sit on my back porch and watch the grass grow.

I don't play the stock market, but as long as we are playing the "if" game here is another proposal. If building a new stadium had a listing on the Dow, how many shares would you buy? And how long would you hold on to them? Especially after not seeing any viable movement in actually building a new stadium?
youre asking the band of idiots who bought LIFW stock.

Beyond Tropical Park, there does not appear to be a place to build near campus. With that said, the old OB sits on about 17 acres?

Hardrock sits on approximately 160 acres?

Thats a big difference. So my next question is, how many acres minimum do you need?

And as to my point about how things change in the future, many analysts believe in just 10 years many Malls will be a thing of the past, permanently closing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/american-mall-decline-150-left-10-years-how-many-2022-10

What if Dadeland mall or a substantial portion of it closes in 10 years? I think that is approximately 71 acres. Again, a big difference from the 17 acres the old OB sits on.

I have NO IDEA clearly but i been a lot of places in my 45 years of life. I have seen neighborhoods change MASSIVELY over relatively little time and am always amazed at places that are built or torn down that i never imagined could be.

To give context, the smallest, yet loudest NFL stadium is Century Link Field in Seattle. It sits 68k, but sits on 30 Acres. The newest & most expensive NFL Stadium, SoFi, sits 70,240 & it sits on 60 Acres.

HRS is an old design. You don’t need 100+ Acres to build a great football venue w/ modern designs, now.

To give context, the smallest, yet loudest NFL stadium is Century Link Field in Seattle. It sits 68k, but sits on 30 Acres. The newest & most expensive NFL Stadium, SoFi, sits 70,240 & it sits on 60 Acres.

HRS is an old design. You don’t need 100+ Acres to build a great football venue w/ modern designs, now.
How many 30-60 acre parcels are available in South Florida outside of Homestead? In Miami Dade?

Advertisement
So now we’re back to even if we did have the land and the money, we shouldn’t even talk about it because some people might be (hypothetically) inconvenienced.

The snake has fully eaten its tail.
Traffic patterns being beyond bad isn’t merely inconvenient, it would be a limiting factor in attendance, which cuts into the bottom line. People are less likely to show up to games, especially in a major city if getting there is a nightmare. This isn’t Trailerhassee, where there’s nothing to do or the typical college town. It’s tough enough to get people to come see the Canes when the team is good and playing a suboptimal opponent, imagine knowing that you’d be in 2-4 hours worth of traffic as well.

Traffic patterns being beyond bad isn’t merely inconvenient, it would be a limiting factor in attendance, which cuts into the bottom line. People are less likely to show up to games, especially in a major city if getting there is a nightmare. This isn’t Trailerhassee, where there’s nothing to do or the typical college town. It’s tough enough to get people to come see the Canes when the team is good and playing a suboptimal opponent, imagine knowing that you’d be in 2-4 hours worth of traffic as well.
Exactly. The traffic jam in a major city that suffers from overbearing traffic already would be insane. I'm down there 3 times a week for business and it's awful.

Exactly. The traffic jam in a major city that suffers from overbearing traffic already would be insane. I'm down there 3 times a week for business and it's awful.
There’s a difference between having to brave traffic to get to work and dealing with even worse traffic for an optional event. Ever seen the traffic issues leaving the Watsco Center after a big primetime game? Now multiply that by 5. If you think that wouldn’t dissuade some from coming, I don’t know what to tell you.

Advertisement
Joining the SEC/B10 is not dependent upon a stadium and any additional revenues from that potential move would be plowed back into the sports programs (including adding more sports like softball and women's lacrosse).

The reality is that the University should be buying all of the properties that come on the market surrounding the campus. These will most likely be single family homes which the university can turn into graduate student/professor housing and rent out to cover the carry costs. Over a LONG period of time the campus could then be expanded to MAYBE one day include an on campus stadium.

View attachment 237006
i have said this for year. THE CITY OF CORAL GABLES WILL NEVER PERMIT A STADIUM IN THE CITY NO MATTER HOW MANY ACRES OF PROPERTY THE UNIVERSITY OWNS. THIS IS AN OPEN AND SHUT CASE.

NEVER
NEVER
NEVER

Beyond Tropical Park, there does not appear to be a place to build near campus. With that said, the old OB sits on about 17 acres?

Hardrock sits on approximately 160 acres?

Thats a big difference. So my next question is, how many acres minimum do you need?

And as to my point about how things change in the future, many analysts believe in just 10 years many Malls will be a thing of the past, permanently closing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/american-mall-decline-150-left-10-years-how-many-2022-10

What if Dadeland mall or a substantial portion of it closes in 10 years? I think that is approximately 71 acres. Again, a big difference from the 17 acres the old OB sits on.

I have NO IDEA clearly but i been a lot of places in my 45 years of life. I have seen neighborhoods change MASSIVELY over relatively little time and am always amazed at places that are built or torn down that i never imagined could be.
DADELAND MALL WILL NEVER CLOSE. IT HAS HAD A PLAN FOR 15 YEARS TO REPURPOSE THE MALL FOR OTHER NON RETAIL PURPOSES. IT HAS BEEN TRANSFORMING FOR YEARS.

Yep I got my BS/BA, MBA and JD by correspondence courses. The point I was making was that the two biggest obstacles(Cost and a place to actually build the stadium) are not going away, we haven’t even gotten into traffic concerns.
CROWN THIS MAN. HE GETS IT.

How many 30-60 acre parcels are available in South Florida outside of Homestead? In Miami Dade?

U still don’t get it. Even if I were to show u available land in real time in Miami-Dade, like I did privately w another poster, there will be something else.

U all continue to say that’s available; lol. Maybe that’s ur first mistake & it’s why the vast majority of u don’t understand commercial, entertainment real estate.

Nevertheless, I’m out of this. I said I was going to stay far away from this thread & that’s my bad.

Advertisement
U still don’t get it. Even if I were to show u available land in real time in Miami-Dade, like I did privately w another poster, there will be something else.

U all continue to say that’s available; lol. Maybe that’s ur first mistake & it’s why the vast majority of u don’t understand commercial, entertainment real estate.

Nevertheless, I’m out of this. I said I was going to stay far away from this thread & that’s my bad.

There is a ****** School of some kind near where I grew up in New Jersey. My Mom still lives in the house I grew up in. I really didn't know about it when I was young. My Mom said that recently groups of ****** people actually came to her home, knocked on the door, and tried to make offers to buy her home. They were doing the same to the neighbors. They are trying to expand so they want to buy up the properties surrounding the school. Basically, they aren't waiting until properties are "available". Rich folks with real estate aspirations don't just say "aw shoot, there is nothing available." Sorry for pulling you in Rell lmao. They probably started on this endeavor year. My mother said no, but I am sure they are going to keep trying and i am sure others have said yes and I am sure they see this as something they will keep at it until they have attained what they need, even if it takes a decade.

There is a ****** School of some kind near where I grew up in New Jersey. My Mom still lives in the house I grew up in. I really didn't know about it when I was young. My Mom said that recently groups of ****** people actually came to her home, knocked on the door, and tried to make offers to buy her home. They were doing the same to the neighbors. They are trying to expand so they want to buy up the properties surrounding the school. Basically, they aren't waiting until properties are "available". Rich folks with real estate aspirations don't just say "aw shoot, there is nothing available." Sorry for pulling you in Rell lmao. They probably started on this endeavor year. My mother said no, but I am sure they are going to keep trying and i am sure others have said yes and I am sure they see this as something they will keep at it until they have attained what they need, even if it takes a decade.

Nah, u good bro. Again, by the various poster that continue the rhetoric of “where’s the available land at?” don’t under stand how commercial real estate works. Things are put into motion well b4 land becomes available on the market. You gave a great example. I continue to harp on where the new LA Clippers arena is located; it was literally apartments there. It was literally “no available” land there.

Like, I try my hardest not to argue & go back & forth, but sometimes posts are so asinine, that I’m left w/ no choice but to respond. Furthermore, there’s commercial land available in Miami. I’ve already shared those large plots w/ @TheOriginalCane. We’ve kicked around many feasible ideas; none includes Coral Gables, but all include feasibility IF things were thoroughly vetted. Another thing is this notion of “us” needing 1-2 billion to build a stadium. I’m going to leave that topic alone, b/c it makes my head hurt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
^^^ The two guys that know absolutely nothing about real estate and don't live in South FL but have the most to say. Classic CIS.

I have financed and developed well in excess of $1B in every asset class at every part of the capital stack .... in real estate. What are your credentials for this conversation?

It's exactly like you said. I don't know anything about Real Estate or about Miami, because I don't live there.

I didn't know that was a prerequisite to have a conversation or opinion on a message board. But apparently, your "credentials" permit you to be condescending. Most people I know with your kind of "credentials" don't feel the need to try to big league someone.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back