MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

i dont recall my saying that it was sold for $1B.
the land is TOO small even with the shopping center in front of it

you are a kid living in an altered state of reality. our future is more bleak than what i previously thought.
No, it's not.

You're a dodderer with no vision whose thoughts on the future are meaningless. See, I can do it too.

Advertisement
are you sure you arent ruizs dimwit kid who donated to santos?
tenor.gif

Perhaps you were stuck in a glass case of emotion and did not have access to the middle part of the thread -but we've gone over this already. The school with 350 million for new dorms and 100 mill for a new athletics center and... has no money. OK. That's your opinion. Even if it were so, OK, raise more money. I know, I know - dorms are "different" and a stadium would be a "waste" - again, your opinion.
LOL that replacing 50+ year old dorms with new dorms that pay for themselves is anything remotely close to building a depreciating asset like a stadium.

PS: they aren't having an easy time raising $150M for an on campus all sports facility and you want to raise 10-15x for a stadium that is once again not on campus.

LOL that replacing 50+ year old dorms with new dorms that pay for themselves is anything remotely close to building a depreciating asset like a stadium.

PS: they aren't having an easy time raising $150M for an on campus all sports facility and you want to raise 10-15x for a stadium that is once again not on campus.
there arent a lot of people int he county that actually care for a new stadium tbh. its a twitter/CIS thing but not representative of the county as a whole. a lot of people were against the melreese stuff and a lot opposed the marlins stadium. its all about greasing politicians here if you are gonna use public lnd. if not, its gonna cost you a lot. theres a reason why mas used a public site that was basically a no bid lease.

Advertisement

Funny, seems like every other serious football school (well, even non-serious football schools ie USF) is spending 9 figures on their stadium. Wonder why? Seeing as how that's all just depreciating lacks optimal roi and could be better spent elsewhere. We might need 10 figures (if you say so, I guess), but that doesn't change the argument.

Yes. That, or tuck our tails and follow Villanova and UConn back into the Big East.

PS - "on" campus is relative. See my posts re Rosensteil. TLDR - want a world class marine science program? You might have to purchase land (construct buildings, staff, buy boats, etc.) on the ocean. You want a world class football program, and don't have the land to construct your facility, you might have to buy some land.

Funny, seems like every other serious football school (well, even non-serious football schools ie USF) is spending 9 figures on their stadium. Wonder why? Seeing as how that's all just depreciating lacks optimal roi and could be better spent elsewhere. We might need 10 figures (if you say so, I guess), but that doesn't change the argument.

Yes. That, or tuck our tails and follow Villanova and UConn back into the Big East.

PS - "on" campus is relative. See my posts re Rosensteil. TLDR - want a world class marine science program? You might have to purchase land (construct buildings, staff, buy boats, etc.) on the ocean. You want a world class football program, and don't have the land to construct your facility, you might have to buy some land.
USF Is using land they already own not having to buy new land off site at the Tampa real estate pricing. that is a HUGE diff. if miami had the land somewhere, they could have had this done eons ago.

USF Is using land they already own not having to buy new land off site at the Tampa real estate pricing. that is a HUGE diff. if miami had the land somewhere, they could have had this done eons ago.
Thank you, resident USF and Tampa real estate expert (who happened to be unaware USF was building a stadium until I mentioned it yesterday).

I'm sure you know how the rest of my response would go - so I'll pivot. Heat in 6.

Thank you, resident USF and Tampa real estate expert (who happened to be unaware USF was building a stadium until I mentioned it yesterday).

I'm sure you know how the rest of my response would go - so I'll pivot. Heat in 6.
i didnt say i was unaware. i said it wouldnt happen on public land - HENCE THE RAYS.

itll happen on USF owned land which it is proposed to happen. you seem to think building on already owned land is the same buying out new land.

look man, i dont care enough anymore. you seem to be an idealist who hasnt spent enough time in the work force or even legal realm to know the issues in miami.

id listen to a guy in here who works with RE developers. you may learn something bout the lay of the land in politics and RE in miami

Advertisement

In a world of sunshine, rainbows, and unlimited money we should buy the land around the UM campus. Then UM could build an on campus stadium and increase the size of the university. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world and we have to deal with the reality that there isn't $2-3B of spare change laying around in the couch cushions.

i didnt say i was unaware. i said it wouldnt happen on public land - HENCE THE RAYS.

itll happen on USF owned land which it is proposed to happen. you seem to think building on already owned land is the same buying out new land.

look man, i dont care enough anymore. you seem to be an idealist who hasnt spent enough time in the work force or even legal realm to know the issues in miami.

id listen to a guy in here who works with RE developers. you may learn something bout the lay of the land in politics and RE in miami
I never said it would be on public land either - merely pointed out that they are leaving their conveniently located super bowl hosting stadium and spending a lot of money to do so.

No, I have stated, 50x, we'd have to buy land.

The rest is just dreck I don't have to respond to.

In a world of sunshine, rainbows, and unlimited money we should buy the land around the UM campus. Then UM could build an on campus stadium and increase the size of the university. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world and we have to deal with the reality that there isn't $2-3B of spare change laying around in the couch cushions.
No, we shouldn't do any of that.

But, again, if the argument simply boils down to pearl-clutching at hypothetical numbers, there really isn't much more to say. I say it can be done (as evidenced by every other stadium ever built in the history of man), you say it can't - fine.

I never said it would be on public land either - merely pointed out that they are leaving their conveniently located super bowl hosting stadium and spending a lot of money to do so.

No, I have stated, 50x, we'd have to buy land.

The rest is just dreck I don't have to respond to.

No, we shouldn't do any of that.

But, again, if the argument simply boils down to pearl-clutching at hypothetical numbers, there really isn't much more to say. I say it can be done (as evidenced by every other stadium ever built in the history of man), you say it can't - fine.
it is more nuanced. it is not that it cannot be done. of course it can.

it is not, however, likely that it will be done because, to the people who count, the obstacles are insurmountable or not worthy of being surmounted for the cost implied in surmounting them.

Advertisement
it is more nuanced. it is not that it cannot be done. of course it can.

it is not, however, likely that it will be done because, to the people who count, the obstacles are insurmountable or not worthy of being surmounted for the cost implied in surmounting them... Today
Fair enough.

But... in 2030, when our lease is 2 years from ending, and whoever owns the Dolphins is doing more things that inconvenience our tenancy, and current/past/future players are still saying how bad the place is, and LIFW is worth more than amazon... let's see.

Do we have land to build on as of right now?? No...
Do we have allocated funds to build with as of right now?? No..
Do we have anyone willing to put up such funds and aquire the needed land??.. No..
Has it been this was since forever and a day ... Yes..
Until something changes in that dynamic nothing changes...
We're always going to be right here going full hamster wheel with the same Convo with all the same points for and against over and over and over....
I myself have thrown in the towel at this point.. there's no fight to fight...

Advertisement
i dont recall my saying that it was sold for $1B.
the land is TOO small even with the shopping center in front of it

you are a kid living in an altered state of reality. our future is more bleak than what i previously thought.

It is not too small. Whether you are saying that out of intention or some misdirected web search, it is simply not true.

And I have proven that on numerous occasions. With pictures and math.

Advertisement
Back