MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Exactly. I haven’t been on campus since a couple of months ago for a basketball game, so ditto.

****, US1 and adjacent roads are a nightmare when you’re trying to go to a baseball game, which is much less attended usually than basketball. Try going to one of those six or 7 PM basketball games during the week. Have fun sitting in your car.

I can’t imagine the infrastructure being there for a stadium within a two or three or 4 mile radius from campus, much less the land that you’re talking about which doesn’t exist, as you know.

Tropical Park would be horrible without transportation from elsewhere to the stadium. Bottle neck on the exit, Bird is a nightmare as is, US1 as well.

Advertisement
I just told you where the **** USF is putting their stadium. hint it is on their own land they already own. theres a reason why it was easier for FAU and FIU to put up their **** bc they put it on their own land. we dont have the luxury of that which is why what USF will spend isnt close to what we will have to
So, back to we don’t have enough money and it’s going to be too difficult. Fine. Again, I disagree.

Last edited:
thats fine so where is it gonna go off campus? ive told you, youre moving as far as HRS is right now either north or south of the campus, which is a no go for a lot of people on here. there really isnt viable land left in dade.

im not even saying youre wrong about needing a stadium. I think most of this board will agree that we need a stadium or want one. the reality is that it isnt gonna happen in the near future which is why this stupid thread is at 40 pages

Well, as I’ve said & spoke on privately: This same ? was asked about a densely populated area for a new NFL expansion team in the L.A market & The Clippers. The fact is, even when things don’t seem feasible, or available, if vetted enough it can be.

I’m not sure y some in So Fla, whether currently living or past residents think ur scenarios are sooo different than the rest of the densely populated, high traffic foot prints in other metro cities. Lol.

Again, I live in the ENTERTAINMENT capital of thee world, homie. How much land do u think is available here? Let me tell u, in the outskirts of L.A is a little known city called Irwindale (@TheOriginalCane should be familiar w/ this city) was a proposal to build a NFL stadium. Why? B/c it was the only area that had available commercial land! Only thing that’s there is the Miller Brewing Company and eventually The Speed Way. That chit was shot down AFTER it was agreed upon. If u don’t think we don’t have crooked politicians, let me introduce u to my neighbor, just don’t shake his hand or ur watch may be gone. Lol.

In the past few yrs, I’ve seen a Futbol Stadium built where homes are legit a rock throw away, I’ve seen the most expensive stadium in the world be built where next door is a whole gated community, & across the street is another gated community (More development is taking place there, too). Now I just witnessed residential, commercial blocks (blocks I used frequent as a youngster) along w/ a fast food spot that’s been there b4 I was even in a nut sack all destroyed to build the most expensive basketball arena. Owned commercial & residential properties across the street from this venue, leveled to put a parking garage.

Anywho, I know that’s L.A & L.A is not Miami, Dade, Broward blah blah blah. Alls I knows is that privately myself & another alum have been looking at feasible, viable options IF it was vetted, appropriately. Prime parcels that would be a perfect fit for what we’ll need. I’ll say it again, The Seattle Seahawks have one of, if not thee loudest stadiums in the NFL that’s sits 68k folks on 30 Acres. Not 50, 100, 150 or 200 like these outrageous numbers being thrown out.

Last edited:
Well, as I’ve said & spoke on privately: This same ? was asked about a densely populated area for a new NFL expansion team in the L.A market & The Clippers. The fact is, even when things don’t seem feasible, or available, if vetted enough it can be.

I’m not sure y some in So Fla, whether currently living or past residents think ur scenarios are sooo different than the rest of the densely populated, high traffic foot prints in other metro cities. Lol.

Again, I live in the ENTERTAINMENT capital of thee world, homie. How much land do u think is available here? Let me tell u, in the outskirts of L.A is a little known city called Irwindale (@TheOriginalCane should be familiar w/ this city) was a proposal to build a NFL stadium. Why? B/c it was the only area that had available commercial land! Only thing that’s there is the Miller Brewing Company and eventually The Speed Way. That chit was shot down AFTER it was agreed upon. If u don’t think we don’t have crooked politicians, let me introduce u to my neighbor, just don’t shake his hand or ur watch may be gone. Lol.

In the past few yrs, I’ve seen a Futbol Stadium built where homes are legit a rock throw away, I’ve seen the most expensive stadium in the world be built where next door is a whole gated community, & across the street is another gated community (More development is taking place there, too). Now I just witnessed residential, commercial blocks (blocks I used frequent as a youngster) along w/ a fast food spot that’s been there b4 I was even in a nut sack all destroyed to build the most expensive basketball arena. Owned commercial & residential properties across the street from this venue, leveled to put a parking garage.

Anywho, I know that’s L.A & L.A is not Miami, Dade, Broward blah blah blah. Alls I knows is that privately, myself & another alum have been looking at feasible, viable options IF it was vetted, appropriately. Prime parcels that would be a perfect fit for what we’ll need. I’ll say it again, The Seattle Seahawks have one of, if not thee loudest stadiums in the NFL that’s sits 68k folks on 30 Acres. Not 50, 100, 150 or 200 like these outrageous numbers being thrown out.
as I said, we can agree to disagree on the viability. we can agree to disagree based on our experiences. ****, I voted for a water park in miami and still haven't seen it built lol

Advertisement
Look, the anti-stadium Mopes can run through the typical questions ("where will it be?", "who is going to pay for it?", etc.), but there is a reality that must be dealt with.

First...in order to have newer/nicer stuff, Miami (generally) is going to have to tear down older/crappier stuff...

...and...

Second...Miami (or the central part of Dade, not including Miami Beach or Aventura or Coral Gables) is falling farther and farther behind other southeastern cities in coming up with solutions to housing and traffic and commercial development and dining/entertainment/retail districts.

$5 billion. For 50 acres. Right next to both the football stadium and the basketball arena...but, sure, let's have a bunch of people whine about ROI...

1682548397208.png

Look, the anti-stadium Mopes can run through the typical questions ("where will it be?", "who is going to pay for it?", etc.), but there is a reality that must be dealt with.

First...in order to have newer/nicer stuff, Miami (generally) is going to have to tear down older/crappier stuff...

...and...

Second...Miami (or the central part of Dade, not including Miami Beach or Aventura or Coral Gables) is falling farther and farther behind other southeastern cities in coming up with solutions to housing and traffic and commercial development and dining/entertainment/retail districts.

$5 billion. For 50 acres. Right next to both the football stadium and the basketball arena...but, sure, let's have a bunch of people whine about ROI...

View attachment 236805

Bingo; exactly what both Kronke & Ballmer did, & it actually helped the City by doing such.

Bingo; exactly what both Kronke & Ballmer did, & it actually helped the City by doing such.

It's taken me a year in Atlanta to realize...

Miami is not a serious city. It doesn't analyze its issues in a serious fashion, it doesn't solve its problems in a serious manner.

Miami is a big city in a beautiful location, but it is likely to be bankrupt again soon (wasn't that long ago) because the city, as an entity, effectively lives from paycheck to paycheck.

For the record, Atlanta now has the second most square footage of movie/TV studio production space, second only to Los Angeles (Atlanta just blew past NYC). The movie/TV industry COULDA/WOULDA/SHOULDA been based in Florida generally, and South Florida specifically. We had the chance a couple of decades ago. South Florida was leading the charge to become the East Coast entertainment capital a few decades back, when nobody in their right mind would have filmed even a commercial in Georgia.

But the no-vision politicians in Florida and South Florida squandered that opportunity, through cheapness and corruption.

Miami is not a serious city. It doesn't analyze its issues in a serious fashion, it doesn't solve its problems in a serious manner.

Miami is a big city in a beautiful location, but it is likely to be bankrupt again soon (wasn't that long ago) because the city, as an entity, effectively lives from paycheck to paycheck.

For the record, Atlanta now has the second most square footage of movie/TV studio production space, second only to Los Angeles (Atlanta just blew past NYC). The movie/TV industry COULDA/WOULDA/SHOULDA been based in Florida generally, and South Florida specifically. We had the chance a couple of decades ago. South Florida was leading the charge to become the East Coast entertainment capital a few decades back, when nobody in their right mind would have filmed even a commercial in Georgia.

But the no-vision politicians in Florida and South Florida squandered that opportunity, through cheapness and corruption.
YOU FINALLY SAID WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY. Suarez and cava dont give a flying **** about the residents here (esp suarez). it wont change either bc we just vote the same bull**** in every single cycle. this is why we aren't LA and why we aren't ATL. the area is very much the 300k car in front of a shack of a house. we are known as the banana republic for a reason. tbh, Tampa will surpass miami soon

FL ****ed up movie wise by cutting the film tax incentives. GA is profiting off of that.

also, ATL is a better market in terms of jobs and salaries. ****, miami guys are going into ATL and putting money into development there (west midtown is being developed by a miami group).

Last edited:
Advertisement
YOU FINALLY SAID WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY. Suarez and cava dont give a flying **** about the residents here (esp suarez). it wont change either bc we just vote the same bull**** in every single cycle. this is why we aren't LA and why we aren't ATL. the area is very much the 300k car in front of a shack of a house. we are known as the banana republic for a reason

FL ****ed up movie wise by cutting the film tax incentives. GA is profiting off of that.

also, ATL is a better market in terms of jobs and salaries. ****, miami guys are going into ATL and putting money into development there (west midtown is being developed by a miami group).

It's not just Suarez. Be honest, this **** has been going on for DECADES (and, YES, I realize his dad was one of those earlier politicians too, I realize the irony). Doesn't matter the political party or anything, Miami and Dade have been short-sighted FOR DECADES.

Just ran into ANOTHER former SoFla guy last night in Home Depot who saw me wearing Miami gear. He grew up in SoFla and has permanently exited to Atlanta. I showed him my pix from the Sweet 16 and Final 4 and he LOVED IT.

But, hey, Florida, enjoy all the "new residents" and pretend like multi-decade Floridians aren't moving to Georgia and the Carolinas...

And I 100% agree with you on the film tax-incentives. Seriously, I DM'd Relly a couple of months ago, they are building a brand new LionsGate movie studio across the road from where I live. Jobs. Better housing. Economic development. Tyler Perry just built his new house on 953 acres about a mile-and-a-half from me.

How did a bunch of reformed rednecks in Georgia figure **** out asFlorida politicians fiddled while the state burns down?

Tyler Perry's new house(s) and airstrip:
1682550369394.png

Corruption in Miami???
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

It's not just Suarez. Be honest, this **** has been going on for DECADES (and, YES, I realize his dad was one of those earlier politicians too, I realize the irony). Doesn't matter the political party or anything, Miami and Dade have been short-sighted FOR DECADES.

Just ran into ANOTHER former SoFla guy last night in Home Depot who saw me wearing Miami gear. He grew up in SoFla and has permanently exited to Atlanta. I showed him my pix from the Sweet 16 and Final 4 and he LOVED IT.

But, hey, Florida, enjoy all the "new residents" and pretend like multi-decade Floridians aren't moving to Georgia and the Carolinas...

And I 100% agree with you on the film tax-incentives. Seriously, I DM'd Relly a couple of months ago, they are building a brand new LionsGate movie studio across the road from where I live. Jobs. Better housing. Economic development. Tyler Perry just built his new house on 953 acres about a mile-and-a-half from me.

How did a bunch of reformed rednecks in Georgia figure **** out asFlorida politicians fiddled while the state burns down?

Tyler Perry's new house(s) and airstrip:
View attachment 236807
I know it's not just suarez but you get what I mean. it has gone on well before pinellas was a mayor here. this place will never be more than what it is. they will never put any real investment into the city either outside of the developers coming in and putting in condos bc foreign investment from SA and Russians (Sunny Isles) will always be a thing. those dudes never live here just have a residence here. the people that grew up miami fans (not just canes but miami fans) are leaving further and further north and are happier for it. just be happy miami still has sports

Tropical Park would be horrible without transportation from elsewhere to the stadium. Bottle neck on the exit, Bird is a nightmare as is, US1 as well.
I mean all of Miami is a traffic nightmare, too many cars with little public transit. Plus 90% of Miami drivers shouldn’t have a license. Your not wrong tho, a packed theoretical tropical park would cause a gridlock that’d last till daybreak

Advertisement
It sounds like you are saying the ROI is better when renting? Even long term? Is that your contention? If so, I disagree. There is a reason our current AD is on the record saying ideally Miami would have its own stadium.
Of course Rad is going to say he wants a new UM only stadium ... everyone wants that but it's not realistic and spending $1-2B of donor money on a stadium is a horrendous ROI.

Advertisement
if in miramar, what would be the difference vs. HRS?
nothing. im not against HRS and im not against a new stadium. id prefer a new stadium but dont think HRS is some miserable place either. its a stadium to watch 6-7 games. the older I get the less I care about this ****. just win games. you can do that at traz.

since it'll never be on campus, it'll never feel like ours (likely wont be ours either if someone else builds it for us).

nothing. im not against HRS and im not against a new stadium. id prefer a new stadium but dont think HRS is some miserable place either. its a stadium to watch 6-7 games. the older I get the less I care about this ****. just win games. you can do that at traz.

since it'll never be on campus, it'll never feel like ours (likely wont be ours either if someone else builds it for us).
you are going to replace me as the REALITY torchbearer. plus, you are too young to be saying you are too old for this or that.

Advertisement
Back