MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

If you dont think the Notre Dame 2017 game was loud I cannot help you.

Stay Blessed
I've been to every home game we've played since 1979 and believe me that place was LOUD!!! Not as loud as the few games he likes to mention but dam close.

Advertisement
Sofi and AT&T are PRIME venues, this would be a college football stadium, the amenities would likely be 2nd the hard rock.

1. Don’t move the goal post

2. U chose to neglect the other examples of The Rose Bowl & Coliseum, right? Maybe I should throw in SF’s Levi Stadium, too?

There are a plethora of football stadiums throughout the U.S.A that r being utilized far greater than just football. Sure, a lot of on-campus stadiums are used for football, only, but there’s a reason y schools prefer to have their own. The fact we have to have a Spring Game on a f’ing Futbol field while others are actually selling tickets for their stadium on a real football field is all u need to know.

Last edited:
Beyond this just not being true, as @Rellyrell can surely attest, I have a few questions (not just for you, necessarily)

First - seeing as how we are a "professional team" and all, can anyone show me an exhaustive list of professional franchises that do not own and/or operate their own facilities? Second, if stadiums are such terrible investments, why does every professional team (well, 90% at least) find it necessary to build a brand new one (or, at the very least, pump 100s of millions of dollars' worth of upgrades into their existing one) every 30 or so years? It's a necessary cost of doing business, not a "bad investment." we are treated like a pro team, not a literal pro team. also, learn about how pro leagues work. example: the As are required to get a new stadium deal by 1/24 or they lose revenue sharing which means they cease to exist. leagues require certain things/imrpovements/deals of their teams. the fins were told to upgrade their facilities or lose out on a Super Bowl by the NFL.

Why has Michigan put 300 mil into the Big House? Tennessee 340 mil into Neyland? Texas 200 mil into DKR... If the answer is - "well, they are big state schools and have money to burn, and it's easier because the stadium is already on campus, and........." then we might as well just go the UConn/Villanova route. Drop down to FCS for football and focus what little money we do have on basketball. Maybe the Big East will take us back? first understand that an on campus stadium is very diff from something off campus that we have to buy land at a premium and construct. Michigan tenn and Texas all built stadiums on a large campus footprint eons ago. this is like saying why has miami spent money to rebuilding dorms on campus. its on our own campus and we can invest money into it. that is very diff from saying here is 1.5 billion dollars, go build a stadium that is off campus and likely will be at least 20-30 min of a drive away (TP isnt happening get over it). Jesus Christ. improvements to existing on campus facilities are considered capital improvement projects (similar to that wording). it improves the campus, academics -- WE JUST SPENT MILLIONS ON AN IPF AND REDOING HECHT. WHY? BECAUSE ITS ON OUR OWN CAMPUS. WE CAN BUILD AS WE PLEASE AS LONG AS WE GET THE PERMITTING REQUIRED. ON TOP OF THAT, CG WOULD SHUT DOWN ANY IDEA OF A FOOTBALL STADIUM EVEN IF WE HAD SPACE WHICH WE DONT.

USF!!! just voted to spend 25 million on merely the design of their new stadium. The project will end up costing 300 million, at least. It's surely a dereliction of duty to waste all of that money, right? After all, they play in a stadium that is perfectly located off the highway in an industrial park next to the airport. It hosts Super Bowls and has a pirate ship! Why would they want to leave? LOL A DESIGN IS VERY DIFFERENT THAN ACTUALLY BUILDING SOMETHING. THE RAYS HAVE TRIED FOR AGES TO GET A NEW BALLPARK AND HAVE GOTTEN CONSISTENTLY DENIED BY TAMPA BAY. RUIZ spent money on a design lol. how'd that go?

2. U chose to neglect the other examples of The Rose Bowl & Coliseum, right? Maybe I should throw in SF’s Levi Stadium, too?

There are a plethora of football stadiums throughout the U.S.A that being utilized far greater than just football. Sure, a lot of on campus stadiums are used for football, only, but there’s a reason y schools prefer to have their own. The fact we have to have a Spring Game on a f’ing Futbol field while others are actually selling tickets for their stadium on a real football field is all u need to know.
UFs spring game was free.

Miami used to have spring games at hard rock/sun life before that. it drew 15 fans. it still draws 15 fans. it makes no sense for us to hold a spring game in a big *** venue (whether its 50k or 64k which is what hRS is) because no one shows up. the space in FTL is perfectly fine for our spring attendance.

I implore you to go down to the ufcking campus and walk it. I hope youre not suggesting an on campus stadium bc there literally is zero room. as anyone who has attended miami would know, they'd agree.

now if youre advocating for somewhere else, im completely fine with it but the school will never fully fund it. it is expensive as **** here and no one is giving it to us for free. the county will never ever build a team especially a ******* small private school a new venue. they've turned down the dolphins tiny request to renovate HRS. after the marlins, thats it for any public financing for stadiums. The heat pay for all renovations to the AAA. their deal w the county is they dont get the naming rights and they dont pay rent. this works out for the heat bc they can renovate AAA as they please

that leaves us w another option, hope someone can buy land somewhere in dade or broward (we went through this, there eisnt a lot of land left to build in dade outside of tearing out neighborhoods) and donate it to UM. no one is that nice. not even ruiz.

you better hope Jorge Mas decides to increase capacity of the new inter stadium and allow miami to play there if you want a new venue

Last edited:
how about sunset place? is that still available?

how about the land on Granada Blvd., we should be able to fit a stadium there plus local residents will like the parkee parkee no blockee no blockee extra income.

Matheson Hammock park? stadium on the water like the one in San Francisco. Carlos Huerta can kick field goals into the little basin?

Chapman Field park? same as above.

how about we buy Dadeland Mall? aren't malls going out of business? that fits and we are right next to 826. i like this idea the best

Advertisement
how about sunset place? is that still available?

how about the land on Granada Blvd., we should be able to fit a stadium there plus local residents will like the parkee parkee no blockee no blockee extra income.

Matheson Hammock park? stadium on the water like the one in San Francisco. Carlos Huerta can kick field goals into the little basin?

Chapman Field park? same as above.

how about we buy Dadeland Mall? aren't malls going out of business? that fits and we are right next to 826. i like this idea the best
careful, the non in state residents will just say youre being negative. they'll just bring up how NFL teams are doing deals outside of miami where the biggest pro team in the market couldn't even get 250 mill from the county.

Miami used to have spring games at hard rock/sun life before that. it drew 15 fans. it still draws 15 fans. it makes no sense for us to hold a spring game in a big *** venue (whether its 50k or 64k which is what hRS is) because no one shows up. the space in FTL is perfectly fine for our spring attendance.

Really that’s not the point; this is the point:

Really that’s not the point; this is the point:

ok so where do you want to build it?

you didnt offer up who is paying for this bc UM will not (alumni will tell you that, fans will tell you that, local residents will tell you that), where it will be (there isnt any viable land by the campus as TP is out of question).

you just complained that we need a stadium when it isnt going to happen in our lifetimes. not in miami dade county on county land. it could happen if we have some benefactor who wants to build a 1b stadium and relinquishes all rights to it (only way id do this) but no one is that nice.

we all agree that we need a stadium but there is a reason you get push back from people who live in the area. its bc we know it isnt realistic. honestly, just move down here and live here and you'll see. this is beating a dead 20 year old horse. idc what the players or former players say. they haven't put up the money to fully fund a stadium (including buying the land, putting up construction costs, and gifting it to the university so the university can fully control it, operate, and own it). till then, their opinion is the same as everyone else's. no one is saying we dont want our own home. we are saying it isnt possible in the near future.

There are a plethora of football stadiums throughout the U.S.A that being utilized far greater than just football. Sure, a lot of on campus stadiums are used for football, only, but there’s a reason y schools prefer to have their own. The fact we have to have a Spring Game on a f’ing Futbol field while others are actually selling tickets for their stadium on a real football field is all u need to know.
I cede the point of football standing not being empty and being used. Having one for us only would still be a misappropriation of land imo. And for spring football I don’t really think it’s a big deal. It’s a ******* spring game

Edit: for extra events in Miami, still think it would be a hard draw for a new football stadium to get large outdoor events when there is already hard rock and a incoming inter Miami stadium

Advertisement
@hoops156

So I can put you in the have your cake and eat it too class, that's fine. I know how pro teams work. Hence, why I mentioned it's a necessary cost of business as opposed to a bad investment. Let's say in 2035 the Dolphins decide they no longer wish to have a permanent tenant in their stadium, what does our quasi-pro team do then?

"On campus" is relative, unless you think one can just teleport to Rosensteil. Buy land, build on it. Not a novel concept.

Look into the goings on at usf a little more closely. They are definitely going on campus, possibly as soon as '26.

I cede the point of football standing not being empty and being used. Having one for us only would still be a misappropriation of land imo. And for spring football I don’t really think it’s a big deal. It’s a ******* spring game
we never draw well for that game. we never will. we aren't a diehard sports market that gets into that. we aren't a college town that has nothing else but that spring game in the spring (lol).

we did host it at HRS and at the OB. it was forever empty for those.

I implore you to go down to the ufcking campus and walk it. I hope youre not suggesting an on campus stadium bc there literally is zero room. as anyone who has attended miami would know, they'd agree.

now if youre advocating for somewhere else, im completely fine with it but the school will never fully fund it. it is expensive as **** here and no one is giving it to us for free. the county will never ever build a team especially a ******* small private school a new venue. they've turned down the dolphins tiny request to renovate HRS. after the marlins, thats it for any public financing for stadiums. The heat pay for all renovations to the AAA. their deal w the county is they dont get the naming rights and they dont pay rent. this works out for the heat bc they can renovate AAA as they please

that leaves us w another option, hope someone can buy land somewhere in dade or broward (we went through this, there eisnt a lot of land left to build in dade outside of tearing out neighborhoods) and donate it to UM. no one is that nice. not even ruiz.

you better hope Jorge Mas decides to increase capacity of the new inter stadium and allow miami to play there if you want a new venue

I see u added to ur comment; I’m pretty sure I’ve been very consistent in saying Miami’s Campus + Stadium = No Mas, never happening. Again, I’m not some ******* who just post on here. I’m eerily familiar w/ Miami’s campus despite never attending there; just like I’m eerily familiar w/ SC’s & UCLA’s campuses. Call it the perk of having friends & frats.

I’ve not one time ever suggested or remotely hinted to an on campus stadium.

@hoops156

So I can put you in the have your cake and eat it too class, that's fine. I know how pro teams work. Hence, why I mentioned it's a necessary cost of business as opposed to a bad investment. Let's say in 2035 the Dolphins decide they no longer wish to have a permanent tenant in their stadium, what does our quasi-pro team do then?

"On campus" is relative, unless you think one can just teleport to Rosensteil. Buy land, build on it. Not a novel concept.

Look into the goings on at usf a little more closely. They are definitely going on campus, possibly as soon as '26.

may I ask why do you think I dont know about USF?

my wife went there for grad school and is a Tampa native. her entire family went to USF. Ive walked that campus a billion times too. my buddy is in construction development in Tampa and owns one of their largest local firms. I can name you all the developments that are coming to the Tampa Bay Area. USF Isnt UM. theyre planning to put it ON CAMPUS ON THEIR OWN LAND at sycamore fields which is currently a rec field for them. we can't do that. we don't have the room for it. again, if we had the space, this **** would have been done a while ago. why youre getting so much push back is bc you aren't offering any sort of solution except saying we need a stadium. you just say money as if there is a ******* tree that will give you one. someone has to pay for a billion dollar stadium (land, construction, etc. bc we dont have the luxury of having the land already like USF does). this is why its complicated. buying an empty spot of land isnt close to campus and it will require A LOT of money that the school wont spend because it isnt like putting up an IPF or new dorms. there isnt a real benefit to the university for a partial use facility off campus compared to improvements on campus. ****, FSU has classes at DOak. UF uses Ben Hill for gym classes and people can host club meetings and work out there.

again, I didnt say we can't have a stadium or shouldn't. I said it isnt possible and honestly, the fins will not turn down the canes bc we bring them extra revenue. you think moving the miami open to hard rock and bringing in F1, rolling loud, etc. was bc ross likes cars, tennis, and music? no he wants revenue. the next owner of the fins will want revenue.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I see u added to ur comment; I’m pretty sure I’ve been very consistent in saying Miami’s Campus + Stadium = No Mas, never happening. Again, I’m not some ******* who just post on here. I’m eerily familiar w/ Miami’s campus despite never attending there; just like I’m eerily familiar w/ SC’s & UCLA’s campuses. Call it the perk of having friends & frats.

I’ve not one time ever suggested or remotely hinted to an on campus stadium.

thats fine so where is it gonna go off campus? ive told you, youre moving as far as HRS is right now either north or south of the campus, which is a no go for a lot of people on here. there really isnt viable land left in dade.

im not even saying youre wrong about needing a stadium. I think most of this board will agree that we need a stadium or want one. the reality is that it isnt gonna happen in the near future which is why this stupid thread is at 40 pages

my wife went there for grad school and is a Tampa native. her entire family went to USF. Ive walked that campus a billion times too. my buddy is in construction development in Tampa and owns one of their largest local firms. I can name you all the developments that are coming to the Tampa Bay Area.

again, I didnt say we can't have a stadium or shouldn't. I said it isnt possible and honestly, the fins will not turn down the canes bc we bring them extra revenue. you think moving the miami open to hard rock and bringing in F1, rolling loud, etc. was bc ross likes cars, tennis, and music? no he wants revenue. the next owner of the fins will want revenue.
So you know that the USF stadium is well past the "lets spend 20 mil on a design as a publicity stunt" stage of the development, right?

You can just hand wave the idea away with "it's impossible" 10 million times, doesn't make that statement any truer (and, in general, the it's possible side of most possible-impossible debates ends up winning, eventually).

Advertisement

my wife went there for grad school and is a Tampa native. her entire family went to USF. Ive walked that campus a billion times too. my buddy is in construction development in Tampa and owns one of their largest local firms. I can name you all the developments that are coming to the Tampa Bay Area. USF Isnt UM. theyre planning to put it ON CAMPUS ON THEIR OWN LAND at sycamore fields which is currently a rec field for them. we can't do that. we don't have the room for it. again, if we had the space, this **** would have been done a while ago. why youre getting so much push back is bc you aren't offering any sort of solution except saying we need a stadium. you just say money as if there is a ******* tree that will give you one. someone has to pay for a billion dollar stadium (land, construction, etc. bc we dont have the luxury of having the land already like USF does). this is why its complicated. buying an empty spot of land isnt close to campus and it will require A LOT of money that the school wont spend because it isnt like putting up an IPF or new dorms. there isnt a real benefit to the university for a partial use facility off campus compared to improvements on campus. ****, FSU has classes at DOak. UF uses Ben Hill for gym classes and people can host club meetings and work out there.

Just because I don't have all of the answers to all of your questions does not mean that there are no answers (or even that you are asking the correct questions). If you asked me to build a lunar lander, I couldn't do that either, but I know there are people who can.

No one is saying it would be cheap or easy. It probably wasn't cheap or easy or practical to buy land and build an adjunct campus and to operate a fleet of research vehicles over on Key Biscayne - but if you want a world-class marine science program, you're going to have to spend some money.

Heat in 6.

Just because I don't have all of the answers to all of your questions does not mean that there are no answers (or even that you are asking the correct questions). If you asked me to build a lunar lander, I couldn't do that either, but I know there are people who can.

No one is saying it would be cheap or easy. It probably wasn't cheap or easy or practical to buy land and build an adjunct campus and to operate a fleet of research vehicles over on Key Biscayne - but if you want a world-class marine science program, you're going to have to spend some money.

Heat in 6.
heat in 5.

nevermind. until we have those answers, this is a stupid thread

So you know that the USF stadium is well past the "lets spend 20 mil on a design as a publicity stunt" stage of the development, right?

You can just hand wave the idea away with "it's impossible" 10 million times, doesn't make that statement any truer (and, in general, the it's possible side of most possible-impossible debates ends up winning, eventually).
I just told you where the **** USF is putting their stadium. hint it is on their own land they already own. theres a reason why it was easier for FAU and FIU to put up their **** bc they put it on their own land. we dont have the luxury of that which is why what USF will spend isnt close to what we will have to

anyways you guys are right. well build a stadium w Monopoly money bc it'll eventually become real currency right? its not impossible.

Advertisement
Back