MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

It sounds like you are saying the ROI is better when renting? Even long term? Is that your contention? If so, I disagree. There is a reason our current AD is on the record saying ideally Miami would have its own stadium.
I took it more as applied to the construction of the stadium. Not a whole lot of demand coupled with it being generally a bad ROI investment, plus in Miami it probably won’t get a lot of public financing. Also UM itself won’t be owning the stadium, we gotta rent no matter what

Advertisement
It sounds like you are saying the ROI is better when renting? Even long term? Is that your contention? If so, I disagree. There is a reason our current AD is on the record saying ideally Miami would have its own stadium.

ROI for an NFL stadium and a college stadium are not the same. And, yes, part of it is that most college stadiums are "on campus". I get it.

But there are other reasons as well. Colleges don't have to pay dividends to shareholders, etc.

Our current one which "Absolutely" has home field advantage??....Really??...and this "fully immersed in nostalgic warm & fuzziness comment is ridiculous. But hey, I'll take my 58-0 at home Nostalgia, and REAL home field advantage and roll with that...

If you dont think the Notre Dame 2017 game was loud I cannot help you.

Stay Blessed

Advertisement
I took it more as applied to the construction of the stadium. Not a whole lot of demand coupled with it being generally a bad ROI investment, plus in Miami it probably won’t get a lot of public financing. Also UM itself won’t be owning the stadium, we gotta rent no matter what
you will be burned at the stake as a heretic

Coral Gables Mayor Lago & Miami Mayor Suarez are Bigtime Canes fans. Regulars at the OB. Just sayin’ I think that UM-CG relationship is way less frosty than it was in the past

francis suarez has absolutely zero involvement in the UM-CG relationship.

lago and the current commissioners are much better for UM that previous commissions, no doubt

Advertisement
Coral Gables Mayor Lago & Miami Mayor Suarez are Bigtime Canes fans. Regulars at the OB. Just sayin’ I think that UM-CG relationship is way less frosty than it was in the past
No it's not....it's been like that since the early 80s. Coral Gables wouldn't give af if UM was there or not.

No it's not....it's been like that since the early 80s. Coral Gables wouldn't give af if UM was there or not.
Dude. I know these guys. Not saying Hurricane Stadium is gonna be built on top of Hillstone on Miracle Mile any time soon, but the current heads in CG love UM. Tryin’ to stay optimistic

The site was used as an incinerator previously. YeePee
Bro, I lived in this “exclusive” suburb in The Bay (Literally my back yard was my swimming pool, jacuzzi & The Bay Canal w/ two bridges). B4 the ex & I split, I got word that the whole area used to be an Indian Burial Ground that turned into a decommissioned dump site for the nuclear batteries of WWII subs! Apparently throughout The Bay, particularly Vallejo, American Canyon, & Treasure Island, those were dump sites.

Just some dirt, concrete, & asphalt to slather over. Lol @RVACane

Advertisement
Bro, I lived in this “exclusive” suburb in The Bay (Literally my back yard was my swimming pool, jacuzzi & The Bay Canal w/ two bridges). B4 the ex & I split, I got word that the whole area used to be an Indian Burial Ground that turned into a decommissioned dump site for the nuclear batteries of WWII subs! Apparently throughout The Bay, particularly Vallejo, American Canyon, & Treasure Island, those were dump sites.

Just some dirt, concrete, & asphalt to slather over. Lol @RVACane
****. that's pretty bad, actually awful.

any long term residual damage beyond the obvious? LOL

I would specifically particularly football stadiums. Downtown stadiums for basketball and hockey can typically be used for other events like concerts, events, and smaller sports. Football stadiums don’t really have a lot of use outside of the season

Bro, u do realize that SoFi, AT&T as two prime examples are constantly busy, right? For God’s sake, they just had Wrestle Mania at SoFi.

Hold up; do u not know all the events that take place at the L.A Coliseum or The Rose Bowl?? @TheOriginalCane can speak exclusively to a NASCAR event that now takes place there, or the freedom concert that Drake & Kanye performed there; oh in case u’re wondering, yes SC makes $$ from all those events, so does the joint council of LA City, LA County, & The State of CA Dept of Agriculture.

Here’s some upcoming revenue events.

Advertisement
****. that's pretty bad, actually awful.

any long term residual damage beyond the obvious? LOL

Yeah man; as a matter of fact, where we lived it was beginning to sink a bit; they had to do reinforcement, & definitely some sicklies. I only found this out b/c one of my long time clients was a WWII vet, & was apart of the decommission team. Lol. Told him where I lived & he gave me the entire scoop. Along Hunters Point in SF, they discovered this, but it went unreported & disregarded for decades. Poor area, that’s tough af. Once they were trying to renovate that area, well wouldn’t u know…tons of nuclear waste either un or underreported. Faced a $27BILLION class action lawsuit.

Smh. It’s no different than Vegas being the test site of the A bombs prior to dropping them in Japan, & making US soldiers walk through the plumes, or selling tickets for local residents to see the “fire show.” Lol. And they wonder y the cancer rate spiked uncontrollably in these areas.

Bro, u do realize that SoFi, AT&T as two prime examples are constantly busy, right? For God’s sake, they just had Wrestle Mania at SoFi.

Hold up; do u not know all the events that take place at the L.A Coliseum or The Rose Bowl?? @TheOriginalCane can speak exclusively to a NASCAR event that now takes place there, or the freedom concert that Drake & Kanye performed there; oh in case u’re wondering, yes SC makes $$ from all those events, so does the joint council of LA City, LA County, & The State of CA Dept of Agriculture.

Here’s some upcoming revenue events.

Sofi and AT&T are PRIME venues, this would be a college football stadium, the amenities would likely be 2nd the hard rock.

Sofi and AT&T are PRIME venues, this would be a college football stadium, the amenities would likely be 2nd the hard rock.

You realize he mentioned the LA Coliseum as well, right?

Besides, with all the events being booked to Hard Rock, SoFla is going to need another stadium venue for events.

I would specifically particularly football stadiums. Downtown stadiums for basketball and hockey can typically be used for other events like concerts, events, and smaller sports. Football stadiums don’t really have a lot of use outside of the season
Beyond this just not being true, as @Rellyrell can surely attest, I have a few questions (not just for you, necessarily)

First - seeing as how we are a "professional team" and all, can anyone show me an exhaustive list of professional franchises that do not own and/or operate their own facilities? Second, if stadiums are such terrible investments, why does every professional team (well, 90% at least) find it necessary to build a brand new one (or, at the very least, pump 100s of millions of dollars' worth of upgrades into their existing one) every 30 or so years? It's a necessary cost of doing business, not a "bad investment."

Why has Michigan put 300 mil into the Big House? Tennessee 340 mil into Neyland? Texas 200 mil into DKR... If the answer is - "well, they are big state schools and have money to burn, and it's easier because the stadium is already on campus, and........." then we might as well just go the UConn/Villanova route. Drop down to FCS for football and focus what little money we do have on basketball. Maybe the Big East will take us back?

USF!!! just voted to spend 25 million on merely the design of their new stadium. The project will end up costing 300 million, at least. It's surely a dereliction of duty to waste all of that money, right? After all, they play in a stadium that is perfectly located off the highway in an industrial park next to the airport. It hosts Super Bowls and has a pirate ship! Why would they want to leave?

Advertisement
Back