MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

I want Miami’s football program to be as lucrative as possible. I dont think you can achieve that goal as a renter and sharing profits. I think that in of itself is more important than amenities and convenience. Consistently selling out your own stadium is the goal for most top programs. Thats my agenda.

Advertisement
it isnt 79 though. pricing varies depending on the day and time. its the way the other brightline works in SFL too. i believe i read it starts at 100 or so but that could have changed.

Come on, you don't have to dump on every idea.

I know the pricing. I know full well that I'll choose the "first train out of Orlando" for noon games, so I'll get the cheapest pricing.

Again, I'm going to try it out to see what it's like. I'll let folks know what to expect.

Look, you can continue to complain. And compare us to Europe. Whatever.

The fact remains, it's going to be one of the fastest trains in the US. Are there faster in Japan? Sure.

The original plan was to have 4 stops (Orlando, West Palm, Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami). But, as per usual, more stops have been added. So, yes, THAT is what adds to the delay. That and the fact that SoFla has so many rail crossings and the speed between West Palm and Miami is slower than West Palm to Orlando.

I realize that "from Daytona Beach" is a much longer travel time. There's no real solution to be offered (unless they extend Brightline to Jacksonville).

I'm going to use Brightline for noon games and 3:30 games, to see how that all shakes out. I'm not staying at a "hotel for the night".

I ain't been to Tampa and Orlando in forever it seems (and certainly not coming from Miami)

How long does it to take to get to two places driving back from JRS?

Come on, you don't have to dump on every idea.

I know the pricing. I know full well that I'll choose the "first train out of Orlando" for noon games, so I'll get the cheapest pricing.

Again, I'm going to try it out to see what it's like. I'll let folks know what to expect.
ive done the brightline in miami. its fine just pricey compared to the available options. honestly, just fly. since you know which trips youre taking to miami for games, just book them in advance. 30 min in the air and youre leaving from the same place anyways (MCO).

either way, just my opinion. im a i hate the journey and driving so ill take a flight if its available first type of person.

Advertisement
I’m curious - if you know - what was there previously that caused ****nic to be present and at such high levels? Aside from naturally occurring ****nic, and ****nic in treated lumber, you see it on sites up north that may have once been apple orchards, for instance, given the pesticides used. Were there agricultural uses there previously???
The site was used as an incinerator previously. YeePee

Cool man to each their own.

You are missing the point and arguing over a baseball stadium since the OB is buried and gone and our current one which absolutely has home field advantage if you are not fully immersed in nostalgic warm and fuzzies isn't worth my time and energy.
Our current one which "Absolutely" has home field advantage??....Really??...and this "fully immersed in nostalgic warm & fuzziness comment is ridiculous. But hey, I'll take my 58-0 at home Nostalgia, and REAL home field advantage and roll with that...

Agreed.

They ARE talking about taking Brightline to Tampa next. I would HOPE they could complete the loop and then run it down I-75 through Sarasota and Fort Myers, and then back over to Ft. Lauderdale along I-595.

And then there is an InterModal transportation center being built in downtown Jax. So they've had VERY preliminary discussions about running a line from Cocoa Beach to Jacksonville along I-95.
The Original plan for the High Speed from Orlando>Tampa>Miami was, after that completion, they were planning to go from Orlando to Jacksonville, and then connect to the Eastern Seaboard. Too much sense, right??...F-ing Rick Crooked Scott...

Advertisement
I ain't been to Tampa and Orlando in forever it seems (and certainly not coming from Miami)

How long does it to take to get to two places driving back from JRS?

Depending on where you are coming from in Orlando and proximity to the Turnpike, I'd say 3.5 to 4 hours. Could be longer if there's traffic/accidents. One of the worst parts of the Turnpike is that it is only 2 lanes until about most of the way through Palm Beach County. There's no excuse for a HEAVILY tolled road not to be widened in a high-population area like Palm Beach County. Even MARTIN County.

ive done the brightline in miami. its fine just pricey compared to the available options. honestly, just fly. since you know which trips youre taking to miami for games, just book them in advance. 30 min in the air and youre leaving from the same place anyways (MCO).

either way, just my opinion. im a i hate the journey and driving so ill take a flight if its available first type of person.

I mean, that's fair. I've seen some good rates on Frontier going out of Atlanta (with just a carry-on). I'm gonna have to evaluate some options. At least going down to Orlando first will allow me to see family. Tight turnarounds, but still.

I did enjoy train travel in Europe, so I'm excited to see what that might be like in Florida.

Advertisement
I mean, that's fair. I've seen some good rates on Frontier going out of Atlanta (with just a carry-on). I'm gonna have to evaluate some options. At least going down to Orlando first will allow me to see family. Tight turnarounds, but still.

I did enjoy train travel in Europe, so I'm excited to see what that might be like in Florida.

train travel in europe is way quicker. brightline is a good idea tho so i wont knock it. i just wished they kept it at a price structure that made more sense esp since say you come to orlando from miami, youre likely going to disney, you still need a car and car rental rates have skyrocketed. the one good thing bout the station that scenario is that it drops you off at MCO so you wouldnt have to deal with ubering to a rental car facility from there. also, i wished they found a way to shorten the travel time on the train. 3 hours is a bit of a pain

note on frontier: they dont include carry ons just personal items. i was just in ATL over the weekend. they actually charge less for a check than a carry on. SW has good flights usually too so check on that. as long as you book in advance (as i said the schedule is known), you should be able to get decent flights.

train travel in europe is way quicker. brightline is a good idea tho so i wont knock it. i just wished they kept it at a price structure that made more sense esp since say you come to orlando from miami, youre likely going to disney, you still need a car and car rental rates have skyrocketed. the one good thing bout the station that scenario is that it drops you off at MCO so you wouldnt have to deal with ubering to a rental car facility from there. also, i wished they found a way to shorten the travel time on the train. 3 hours is a bit of a pain

note on frontier: they dont include carry ons just personal items. i was just in ATL over the weekend. they actually charge less for a check than a carry on. SW has good flights usually too so check on that. as long as you book in advance (as i said the schedule is known), you should be able to get decent flights.

Yeah, on Frontier, I said that wrong. I wasn't suggesting I was bringing a big carry-on, maybe just a small bag with a change of clothes or whatever.

I agree on the pricing structure for Brightline, but we have to remember, it is a private venture. Amtrak and a lot of European-based rail services have at least partial government subsidies to bring the price down. I admire what Brightline has done, and I realize I'm gonna have to pay extra for it. As @SWFLHurricane has pointed out, the "Rick Scott" era deal would have been cheaper, but some tax money would have gone towards that.

And on Disney, it depends on the traveler. I think Americans are very accustomed to cars, while Europeans will use other forms of mass transit. I believe that Disney will run buses to the airport/Brightline, and once you get on Disney property, they have a lot of transit options. If you just stick to Disney property, you can get by without a car.

I've gone out to multi-day conferences at Disney where I don't even move my car once.

Yeah, on Frontier, I said that wrong. I wasn't suggesting I was bringing a big carry-on, maybe just a small bag with a change of clothes or whatever.

I agree on the pricing structure for Brightline, but we have to remember, it is a private venture. Amtrak and a lot of European-based rail services have at least partial government subsidies to bring the price down. I admire what Brightline has done, and I realize I'm gonna have to pay extra for it. As @SWFLHurricane has pointed out, the "Rick Scott" era deal would have been cheaper, but some tax money would have gone towards that.

And on Disney, it depends on the traveler. I think Americans are very accustomed to cars, while Europeans will use other forms of mass transit. I believe that Disney will run buses to the airport/Brightline, and once you get on Disney property, they have a lot of transit options. If you just stick to Disney property, you can get by without a car.

I've gone out to multi-day conferences at Disney where I don't even move my car once.
The plan is to make a rail connecting mco to Disney

Advertisement
I want Miami’s football program to be as lucrative as possible. I dont think you can achieve that goal as a renter and sharing profits. I think that in of itself is more important than amenities and convenience. Consistently selling out your own stadium is the goal for most top programs. Thats my agenda.
The ROI on building/owning/operating a stadium is horrific.

The reason Ross added the Miami Open and F1 is b/c it costs a ****load to own/operate the stadium (obviously not including the $1-5B+ to build a stadium).

The reason Ross added the Miami Open and F1 is b/c it costs a ****load to own/operate the stadium (obviously not including the $1-5B+ to build a stadium).
I would specifically particularly football stadiums. Downtown stadiums for basketball and hockey can typically be used for other events like concerts, events, and smaller sports. Football stadiums don’t really have a lot of use outside of the season

It sounds like you are saying the ROI is better when renting? Even long term? Is that your contention? If so, I disagree. There is a reason our current AD is on the record saying ideally Miami would have its own stadium.

Advertisement
Back