MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

Exactly; if anyone has ever been to Coral Gables even for 2 secs, u would know, no way in **** a football stadium would ever be built there. Could u imagine The Rams trying to build a football stadium in Beverly Hills??? Lol. U’ll want to find commercial areas to build anywhere.
the issue there really isnt anything left in the county and no one wants to move as far as HRS is currently or even further out. moving to closer to campus is always a dumb option to me bc the bulk of our fanbase doesnt come from close to campus. its spread out all over the three counties and beyond so ease of access is absolutely important. i respect your opinion on this but there are some things better to be left to the in state residents.

gables hates UM. always has. become a student there or resident and youll see. they shut down homecoming concerts, they have height restrcitions on buildings (the dorms passed the height restrcitions only bc it was built beforehand). its homestead or moving more north.

Advertisement
It’s kind of hard to take your comments too seriously when you admit you’ve never set foot in HRS. During the 2017 season Richt had some momentum going and the stadium was alive. The Virginia Tech game - week before ND - the building was rocking. Loud. Boisterous. Legit home field advantage. ND - coach Kelley was literally shocked at the noise 45 minutes before kick off. He was being interviewed by ESPN on the 30 yard line and could not hear the questions. He said it was the loudest game environment he had ever experienced and he has been in some big ones. Bad thing now er HRS is all of the F1 infrastructure and fences that interfere with fan movement. Students don’t account for 10% of game day attendance - regardless of where the stadium is located. WIN and the game day environment will be excellent for conference games OOC games - depends on the opponent.A stadium without F1 and tennis courts in the parking lot would be great. Where? Homestead? Build a monorail for access?
I feel like we all just regurgitate the same talking points in these threads but when talking about the program we all love we can’t talk about the “sellouts”. The OB was home because it was ours even when empty. When Hard Rock stadium is empty like it is 75% of the time it absolutely feels like and will continue to feel like Dolphin stadium. Changing the color of the seats to aqua blue was a total slap in the face to us.

It’s embarrassing.

It’s all we have so we have to make do. But it’s pretty sad walking into that stadium for a noon kickoff walking past tennis courts and an F1 track followed by statues of Dan Marino and Don Shula…. Only to be met with the empty aqua blue seats next to everyone wearing orange and green.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Raise the money...
Might be the dumbest thing in this thread out of a lot of dumb opinions.

There are finite resources and you want to spend those resources on a depreciating asset.

Even if the school could raise several billion dollars to buy the land/build a stadium it would be a horrible ROI for everyone involved.

There are finite resources and you want to spend those resources on a depreciating asset.

Even if the school could raise several billion dollars to buy the land/build a stadium it would be a horrible ROI for everyone involved.
the school wouldn't spend it on a stadium. there are larger projects (**** replacing Mahoney and Pearson and redoing the dining hall on that side). doing a Reno to Dooley. redoing Cox again. renoing the Herman theater. ****, even redoing the UV.

respectfully, that's lame.
location?
range of required $?
timing?
arrangement between developer and UM unless it is only UM?

details por favor
TP
1.5-3B
Break ground 2033
Joint venture between the University and the Columbus Mafia.

I'm not Dan Radakovich though - he might have more details.

75E70490-AA74-46A9-9FCF-19784DC57C31.gif

Advertisement
The stadium talk really means nothing to me.

2017 was the loudest I've ever heard it in any stadium ever for Notre Dame.

Just dont suck *** and the fans will show up.
Imagine ALOT Louder....that's how ridiculously Loud the OB was for UM vs ND in 89....

Advertisement
I feel like we all just regurgitate the same talking points in these threads but when talking about the program we all love we can’t talk about the “sellouts”. The OB was home because it was ours even when empty. When Hard Rock stadium is empty like it is 75% of the time it absolutely feels like and will continue to feel like Dolphin stadium. Changing the color of the seats to aqua blue was a total slap in the face to us.

It’s embarrassing.

It’s all we have so we have to make do. But it’s pretty sad walking into that stadium for a noon kickoff walking past tennis courts and an F1 track followed by statues of Dan Marino and Don Shula…. Only to be met with the empty aqua blue seats next to everyone wearing orange and green.
The aqua seats don't mean squat to me. What IS important is how the team handles opponents that we are 26 point favorites to hammer like MTSU. Could have been green and orange seats with a big "U" on the back of every one ... and fans still would have bailed at half time either leaving or drinking in the Club Section bars. TVD or any player lost the right to complain about "stadium atmosphere" after the 2022 season record. Win ... everything else takes care of itself.

Advertisement
You realize that a football stadium complex would cost significantly more than anything on the campus? Not only would you have to cover the costs of building the facility, you’d have to secure the property which would likely be bigger than the entire UM campus. The largest donation in UM athletics history is 14 million from the Soffers for the indoor facility. That would only be a tiny drop in the bucket of building an actual football stadium. You would need hundreds of millions of dollars.

Uh, this is not true. That is a massive overstatement.

The main campus of UM is 453 acres.

Hard Rock is on 160 acres of land. And we would not need a full 160 acres (as the FOOTBALL operations of Hard Rock no longer require either).

The baseball A's just purchased 49 acres of land in Las Vegas (and may add another 8 acres). Yes, it's baseball, they don't tailgate the way that college football does, but that's just for comparative purposes.

I have continued to state that ANY stadium build for UM football should be a mix of parking-garage parking and surface parking.

Advertisement
Back