MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

No where did I say what it was “built” for. This argument is almost as asinine as saying the Rose Bowl wasn’t built for UCLA or The Coliseum wasn’t built for SC. Who in their right mind would say the Rose Bowl not being UCLA’s stadium, despite them only being there since 1982 & the Rose Bowl was built in 1902? Miami has been playing at the OB since it was first opened up in 1937, b4 it was even known as The OB!!

So now we’re saying the LA Coliseum isn’t USC’s stadium, although they’ve been playing there since 1923 when it was opened up?

Ya’ll be on some bull chit some times, on God.
Sorry, I butt-replied. lol

My point is whether the landlord is the city of Miami, Ross, Diaz, or Mr. Furley, the Canes will always be a tenant - no more, no less. Therefore, unless they buy their way into controlling the day-to-day management of the stadium (like USC did with the Coliseum), they will continue to be at the whim of whoever the owner is.

If Mario can get the players and coaching up to the levels of 1983-2007, there will be a home field advantage at HRS and we actually have proof of that for a fleeting couple of weeks in 2017, but it can't be denied. Would it be nicer to be closer to campus? Absolutely, but you want to base a move mostly so the Canes can be the "primary" tenant? Who gives a chit?

If Diaz builds an erector set du jour like at UCF, FIU, or FAU, you'd rather play there than at HRS because the Canes are primary tenant? If the school makes less money on game days than at HRS, you'd take that sacrifice as well? Look, the OB ain't coming back. I wish it could, but it's not happening. Again, most fans want the stadium closer to campus, but do it right.

threes company mr furley GIF

Advertisement
Sure. Totally irrelevant and futile, I agree. Yet… here we are.

What didn’t you understand? I think my thoughts are pretty clear - if proffered somewhat facetiously.

You could’ve just googled (or pulled out an old fashioned copy of Merriam-Webster and looked up) “fatalist” if you didn’t understand what it meant - as opposed to proving my point for me, again.

Realist, not fatalist.

Understanding the playing field doesn’t make you a fatalist.

Sorry, I butt-replied. lol

My point is whether the landlord is the city of Miami, Ross, Diaz, or Mr. Furley, the Canes will always be a tenant - no more, no less. Therefore, unless they buy their way into controlling the day-to-day management of the stadium (like USC did with the Coliseum), they will continue to be at the whim of whoever the owner is.

If Mario can get the players and coaching up to the levels of 1983-2007, there will be a home field advantage at HRS and we actually have proof of that for a fleeting couple of weeks in 2017, but it can't be denied. Would it be nicer to be closer to campus? Absolutely, but you want to base a move mostly so the Canes can be the "primary" tenant? Who gives a chit?

If Diaz builds an erector set du jour like at UCF, FIU, or FAU, you'd rather play there than at HRS because the Canes are primary tenant? If the school makes less money on game days than at HRS, you'd take that sacrifice as well? Look, the OB ain't coming back. I wish it could, but it's not happening. Again, most fans want the stadium closer to campus, but do it right.

threes company mr furley GIF

There’s a fundamental difference between what we had set up at the OB vs. what’s set up at HRS.

U do realize that SC & UCLA are also tenants at their respective stadiums, correct?

Listen, no one is saying that the OB is coming back, and I don’t even have a care where HRS is located. Ideally, u would want a stadium closer to campus, but HRS is not ours b/c HRS doesn’t remotely resemble a home field for Miami. 1 game that was a prime time game against a former hated rival that hasn’t been to Miami in 30 yrs does not take away from the 15 YEARS of what that stadium has provided or lack thereof for Miami.

There’s a fundamental difference between what we had set up at the OB vs. what’s set up at HRS.

U do realize that SC & UCLA are also tenants at their respective stadiums, correct?

Listen, no one is saying that the OB is coming back, and I don’t even have a care where HRS is located. Ideally, u would want a stadium closer to campus, but HRS is not ours b/c HRS doesn’t remotely resemble a home field for Miami. 1 game that was a prime time game against a former hated rival that hasn’t been to Miami in 30 yrs does not take away from the 15 YEARS of what that stadium has provided or lack thereof for Miami.
What has the TEAM provided in 15 YEARS at the stadium?? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?? Is the lack of home field for Miami caused by the stadium or the fact that the team has sucked a$$ for the most part over those 15 years?

I'm saying the latter because we saw what can be in those moments where Miami gave glimpses of what they once were - ND '17, VT '17, Florida '13, and FSU (you pick the year) - the home field advantage was definitely there. Yes, not OB level, but special all the same.

It's the same reason why NO ONE had a problem scheduling an away game at the OB from 1958 - 1982. The team was not good.

Btw, how long have you lived in LA? How many games have you been to at HRS?

Last edited:
Advertisement
What has the TEAM provided in 15 YEARS at the stadium?? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?? Is the lack of home field for Miami caused by the stadium or the fact that the team has sucked a$$ for the most part over those 15 years?

I'm saying the latter because we saw what can be in those moments where Miami gave glimpses of what they once were - ND '17, VT '17, Florida '13, and FSU (you pick the year) - the home field advantage was definitely there. Yes, not OB level, but special all the same.

It's the same reason why NO ONE had a problem scheduling an away game at the OB from 1958 - 1982. The team was not good.

Btw, how long have you lived in LA? How many games have you been to at HRS?

So u’re really going back to 1958, huh? Lol.

Aye bruh, listen…enjoy the Teal Field, bruh. Fck what the student athletes are saying…u enjoy that teal field that have race car parties. Nothing more needs to be said when a **** is going out of his way to bring up 1958.

So u’re really going back to 1958, huh? Lol.

Aye bruh, listen…enjoy the Teal Field, bruh. Fck what the student athletes are saying…u enjoy that teal field that have race car parties. Nothing more needs to be said when a **** is going out of his way to bring up 1958.
How long have you lived in LA? How many games have you been to at HRS? When was your last game at HRS?

How long have you lived in LA? How many games have you been to at HRS? When was your last game at HRS?

1. I’m from L.A.
2. I’ve made it perfectly clear from my many various post that I’ve never been to HRS since it’s renovation

That has absolutely chit to do w/ any of the context of my many post, nor disregard the fact that SEVERAL players both past & present have talked about the atmosphere. So who should I listen to, a random poster who lives in Broward or the guys who actually play or played for the school?

1. I’m from L.A.
2. I’ve made it perfectly clear from my many various post that I’ve never been to HRS since it’s renovation

That has absolutely chit to do w/ any of the context of my many post, nor disregard the fact that SEVERAL players both past & present have talked about the atmosphere. So who should I listen to, a random poster who lives in Broward or the guys who actually play or played for the school?
Sorry, I haven't read all of your posts. I was born and raised down here. First Cane game was 1987 vs. ND. In 1991, I was a freshman and I've had season tickets ever since. So take it for what it's worth, but I'd highly suggest you fly out for a game sometime against a quality opponent. The 3/4 roof really keeps in the noise and all signage including from the ground to the upper deck facades on the outside of the building are all Hurricanes.

If the aqua seats turn you off that much, oh well, you'll never be happy till they move. Let me stress, nothing will ever recapture that magical time in the OB, but it's a pretty **** good place to catch a game and tailgate until that day hopefully comes when the school can build its own place (wherever that may be).

Advertisement
Sorry, I haven't read all of your posts. I was born and raised down here. First Cane game was 1987 vs. ND. In 1991, I was a freshman and I've had season tickets ever since. So take it for what it's worth, but I'd highly suggest you fly out for a game sometime against a quality opponent. The 3/4 roof really keeps in the noise and all signage including from the ground to the upper deck facades on the outside of the building are all Hurricanes.

If the aqua seats turn you off that much, oh well, you'll never be happy till they move. Let me stress, nothing will ever recapture that magical time in the OB, but it's a pretty **** good place to catch a game and tailgate until that day hopefully comes when the school can build its own place (wherever that may be).

Well, at least we have something in common; ur first game attended was in ‘87 against ND, & my first CFB game ever watched was ‘87 against ND.

Listen, I’m grateful that we have a place to play in, period. I’ve been to several NFL stadiums, including Sun Life prior to the renovations. I’m thinking more long term for The School; having ur own brings stability, & with naming rights being a thing now, it can bring in add’l revenue. Trust me, I’m not going to lose any sleep on it; building the facilities on campus & tightening up some other program related matters along those same lines are way more important at this point.

1. I’m from L.A.

Dallas Cowboys Eye Roll GIF by ScooterMagruder

the school nor the county will never spend 1 billion on a stadium for a team w a small fanbase and 6 games. the county will never spend that on HS football either. this isnt texas. this is the most ridiculous conversation

Advertisement
I'm not one to believe in myths, but I also am not one to begrudge those that do.

That said, and I do respect your opinion and knowledge on the subject, the above rings a tad hollow coming from a guy who has made plain that he would be leading the vanguard in a fight against any acquisition of the most logical piece of land needed to build Orange Bowl 2.0.
i appreciate your point of view but some things in MY life are greater than college football. displacing a public park for a college football stadium that will NEVER be owned by UM is one of them. however, even if tropical park were a place amenable to me, it would still not meet the two criteria that I stated and that most people agree with (proximity and ownership/better financial deal).

you should consider believing in myths, our psyches and our history are enriched by them, starting with creation myths.

Advertisement
I dont think anyone is saying we dont want a stadium. we just know the reality of it meanwhile others just seem to ignore the reality and keep spouting off the same stuff as if there is a realistic chance a stadium is happening.
No. That is exactly what most people are saying. 80% of comments re stadium are about how great hard rock is. How it’s perfectly located and they play the Super Bowl there 1.5x/decade. Sure, it may be couched with “I hope, one day…” but that does nothing to mask the actual opinions.

And, in my opinion, the “brass tacks” people are even more contemptible. If it’s just a money question, there’s always an answer.

No. That is exactly what most people are saying. 80% of comments re stadium are about how great hard rock is. How it’s perfectly located and they play the Super Bowl there 1.5x/decade. Sure, it may be couched with “I hope, one day…” but that does nothing to mask the actual opinions.

And, in my opinion, the “brass tacks” people are even more contemptible. If it’s just a money question, there’s always an answer.

in architecture and construction, almost everything is possible as long as there is sufficient money because human creativity for the most part is unlimited and people will always find solutions to issues. so you are correct. what is your solution?

its always a money question lol and there isnt an answer. there isnt a single person or county willing to fund the entire thing and it isnt financially feasible for a school to build a billion dollar plus project on a football stadium when that money could be used towards something far better (actual on campus improvements since it is a school). it would have happened if someone was willing to fund it entirely. no one is. its all a bunch of talk bc its easy to talk and get a design. it doesnt mean ****. i said this when ruiz hired an architect to produce a design. it didnt mean **** till we see a county vote to allow for the sale of the land to him to build a stadium. (BUT RUIZ HIRED THE SAME PEOPLE WHO DID SOFI!).

It’s kind of hard to take your comments too seriously when you admit you’ve never set foot in HRS. During the 2017 season Richt had some momentum going and the stadium was alive. The Virginia Tech game - week before ND - the building was rocking. Loud. Boisterous. Legit home field advantage. ND - coach Kelley was literally shocked at the noise 45 minutes before kick off. He was being interviewed by ESPN on the 30 yard line and could not hear the questions. He said it was the loudest game environment he had ever experienced and he has been in some big ones. Bad thing now er HRS is all of the F1 infrastructure and fences that interfere with fan movement. Students don’t account for 10% of game day attendance - regardless of where the stadium is located. WIN and the game day environment will be excellent for conference games OOC games - depends on the opponent.A stadium without F1 and tennis courts in the parking lot would be great. Where? Homestead? Build a monorail for access?

Advertisement
Back