MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

You have to provide the community with compensation if you're going to do something like this. Whether that's infrastructure, schools, whatever. Set up a trust for local schools to provide funding. Use a portion of stadium revenue to do it, seeing as how you're "burdening" the community with the stadium. If he actually wants to do this he should be working with the area to make it seem like a win-win. I don't think he'll ever be able to force it into existence. And he should start by being less aggressive on social media, and his son. I think all that stuff can easily be used as a talking point for politicians. Money for schools is a much harder thing to craft a rebuttal to.

I love what they're trying to do but I also want it to happen.
to be frank, schools really don't need the money since county residents approved two billion dollar bond issues.

anyway, the tweet that i posted is important because the State of the County speech was held at Tropical Park for a reason, it is a message that the Park isn't for sale.

Advertisement
of course it isn't for sale, it requires a referendum to get it on a county ballot for the project to be approved. That's what I understand about it at least.

The communist mayor can protect a drug/cash exchange dump and a ****** 4000 seat HS stadium all he wants, the improvements sell themselves especially if its with private money.

of course it isn't for sale, it requires a referendum to get it on a county ballot for the project to be approved. That's what I understand about it at least.

The communist mayor can protect a drug/cash exchange dump and a ****** 4000 seat HS stadium all he wants, the improvements sell themselves especially if its with private money.
he is really a she, daniella cava is her name. KNOW her name

"The improvements sell themselves." -Someone who has not followed Miami local politics for the last 30 years

You have to provide the community with compensation if you're going to do something like this. Whether that's infrastructure, schools, whatever. Set up a trust for local schools to provide funding. Use a portion of stadium revenue to do it, seeing as how you're "burdening" the community with the stadium. If he actually wants to do this he should be working with the area to make it seem like a win-win. I don't think he'll ever be able to force it into existence. And he should start by being less aggressive on social media, and his son. I think all that stuff can easily be used as a talking point for politicians. Money for schools is a much harder thing to craft a rebuttal to.

I love what they're trying to do but I also want it to happen.

He's literally proposing that he provide a massive high-end renovation to the 95% non-stadium part of the park as well, turning it into an urban jewel, and agreeing to maintain it. The stadium is such a small part of the park, and even a smaller incremental addition to the existing plan since THERE IS ALREADY A FOOTBALL STADIUM IN TROPICAL PARK that what we're talking about is a plan where the new stadium is secondary to the other improvements at scale. Any city in the US would be lucky to have something like this offered to them. Watch Miami ***** it up.

image.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's literally proposing that he provide a massive high-end renovation to the 95% non-stadium part of the park as well, turning it into an urban jewel, and agreeing to maintain it. The stadium is such a small part of the park, and even an smaller incremental addition to the existing plan since THERE IS ALREADY A FOOTBALL STADIUM IN TROPICAL PARK that what we're talking about is a plan where the new stadium is secondary to the other improvements at scale. Any city in the US would be lucky to have something like this offered to them. Watch Miami ***** it up.

View attachment 227548
do you think there is sufficient revenue from the rental of the stadium to make the $1B (if not more) project feasible?

do you think there is sufficient revenue from the rental of the stadium to make the $1B (if not more) project feasible?

Irrelevant question at this juncture. Neither you or I know where the money is coming from or how much of it would be donated or what tax offsets there will be, etc. Rabbit hole. It's possible that Ruiz could end up being able to DONATE $1B to it himself if he wants to. Obviously the guy has a plan to fund it or he wouldn't be wasting millions designing it and promoting it. Sit back and enjoy the light show.

Irrelevant question at this juncture. Neither you or I know where the money is coming from or how much of it would be donated or what tax offsets there will be, etc. Rabbit hole. It's possible that Ruiz could end up being able to DONATE $1B to it himself if he wants to. Obviously the guy has a plan to fund it or he wouldn't be wasting millions designing it and promoting it. Sit back and enjoy the light show.

your statement betrays you since it confirms that you don't know john ruiz.

anyways, the money part is the second most important part of the deal. if it doesn't work, then it is a no-go, so i would like to know if you think that rentals from the stadium would pay for the $1B (probably closer to $2B) price tag plus profit.

your statement betrays you since it confirms that you don't know john ruiz.

anyways, the money part is the second most important part of the deal. if it doesn't work, then it is a no-go, so i would like to know if you think that rentals from the stadium would pay for the $1B (probably closer to $2B) price tag plus profit.

Advertisement

Does anyone know the true cost for leasing Hard Rock? I think I read that we pay Ross a certain amount, if I remember it wasn't some crazy amount, but what else does he get, like shares of concessions or what?

Does anyone know the true cost for leasing Hard Rock? I think I read that we pay Ross a certain amount, if I remember it wasn't some crazy amount, but what else does he get, like shares of concessions or what?

I used to. I forget the deal points. Bottom line is we are at a very bad competitive disadvantage to our rivals who have their own stadiums. You need to own the parking, F&B, concessions, merch, signage, naming, sponsor/partner activation rights, upsells, rental income for non-football events like concerts, conventions, meetings, even weddings and on and on. You need to be able to sell permanent integrations.

We are also not only 4th fiddle to the Fins, F1 and tennis at this juncture, but, and this has been my #1 point since the start of this thread, we have no program security. The Fins are going to have a new owner at some point, not too long from now. No one lives forever and Ross is no spring chicken. What if the next Fins owner decides he doesn't want to share the stadium with a college team? Or what if he's a Gator or Golden Domer that wants to do us no favors? We have almost no leverage, and no security. You know how many people in sports would just love to end the UM football program? They hate us.

Does this seem farfetched? Maybe some of it is. But do you want to expose UM to these risks for all eternity? We need our own stadium. Anyone who doesn't understand that just isn't trying hard enough.

I used to. I forget the deal points. Bottom line is we are at a very bad competitive disadvantage to our rivals who have their own stadiums. You need to own the parking, F&B, concessions, merch, signage, naming, sponsor/partner activation rights, upsells, rental income for non-football events like concerts, conventions, meetings, even weddings and on and on. You need to be able to sell permanent integrations.

We are also not only 4th fiddle to the Fins, F1 and tennis at this juncture, but, and this has been my #1 point since the start of this thread, we have no program security. The Fins are going to have a new owner at some point, not too long from now. No one lives forever and Ross is no spring chicken. What if the next Fins owner decides he doesn't want to share the stadium with a college team? Or what if he's a Gator or Golden Domer that wants to do us no favors? We have almost no leverage, and no security. You know how many people in sports would just love to end the UM football program? They hate us.

Does this seem farfetched? Maybe some of it is. But do you want to expose UM to these risks for all eternity? We need our own stadium. Anyone who doesn't understand that just isn't trying hard enough.

Agree, we are disadvantaged, even with the pretty great Hard Rock improvements over the years, it will never truly be our home. This is honestly one of the best proposals that's actually pretty realistic, not easy to do by any means, but it's actually a pretty good proposal for the land and the community.

Lol at Gulliver prep.
Regardless if it’s pinecrest or not, the amount of clout and influence in the 305 east of US-1 in that area will end any discussion of a stadium quicker than cotton tail rabbit’s nut.

Advertisement
Ruiz hasn't put "millions" into this. The renderings he released were extremely preliminary... probably cost like $20,000, if that. And the "promotion" has just been his Twitter account, which is free. He hasn't hired any lobbyists (none that are registered with the County, anyway). His completely unqualified son is the "project manager," for god's sake. He's put basically no real resources into this.

When it comes to this stadium project, Ruiz is either full of **** or completely delusional. Maybe both.

It's a fair suggestion.

I pointed out (in the Ed Reed thread) that Bethune-Cookman has a joint-use stadium with Father Lopez High School.

I think the larger issue will not be the "stadium land" itself, it will be parking and traffic.
Could some of the parking issues be alleviated by the incoming UM football facility parking garage? I'd have to imagine that it takes longer to build a stadium than to build a Football Ops facility.

Ruiz hasn't put "millions" into this. The renderings he released were extremely preliminary... probably cost like $20,000, if that. And the "promotion" has just been his Twitter account, which is free. He hasn't hired any lobbyists (none that are registered with the County, anyway). His completely unqualified son is the "project manager," for god's sake. He's put basically no real resources into this.

When it comes to this stadium project, Ruiz is either full of **** or completely delusional. Maybe both.
This is the closest thing to the Truth about this stadium I've seen. Bravo!

Advertisement

I believe a substantial amount can be raised by the fee charged to fans entering Ruiz World taking pictures with rsa chained to a tree trying to save a park he doesn’t use…

Could some of the parking issues be alleviated by the incoming UM football facility parking garage? I'd have to imagine that it takes longer to build a stadium than to build a Football Ops facility.

How is the parking garage 5 miles from the proposed stadium going to help?

Lol at Gulliver prep.
Regardless if it’s pinecrest or not, the amount of clout and influence in the 305 east of US-1 in that area will end any discussion of a stadium quicker than cotton tail rabbit’s nut.
please, come on meng, everyone east of US-1 will want the stadium to earn $10 a pop from parking and $20 for no blockee.

when you read that someone is proposing Gulliver, you realize that that person and many people here pushing a stadium are certifiably delusional.

Advertisement
Back