MEGA Mega Merged Stadium Thread.

We need to have someone fully in charge of coming up with ideas to increase attendance. We could use one of those medical center vans and pick up old people and take them to the stadium. I assume Medicare would cover the ticket.

Advertisement
Dolphins & Canes have never won **** since leaving the OB. I think 35 years is good sample of loserdum. The only Miami team that does Miami right is The Heat with location and ties to the city. The Davie Dolphins and Miami Homelesscanes messed up. Dan Marino said he preferred the OB due to the home field atmosphere…good enough for me.
Your encouraged to post more often in my book!

We need to have someone fully in charge of coming up with ideas to increase attendance. We could use one of those medical center vans and pick up old people and take them to the stadium. I assume Medicare would cover the ticket.

Great idea, except then the old people have to get from their transportation to their seats. Will be starting the games three hours late to make sure everyone is in their seat.

We will also need bed pans under each seat.

@Unsider how do you like the faithful fans at Joe Robbie Stadium?
I think they’ve got to be real diehards to endure the debacle every home game and continue to go and support our team. You can see the pain in their faces on tv, some with kids. Hats off to them. I wish the team could have come through this year and make their effort, time and money worth it. Also kind of makes me envious being here in the Seattle area and not being able to attend.

Advertisement
I hope his support for the program isn't inextricably tied to his stadium plans. The latter is never happening.

I hate to discourage this guy in anything he does, but I think you’re probably right. I mean I don’t even think they have a location yet. Sure, that agency will draw plans, he pays them the money they draw the plans. I hope I’m wrong about all this, but I don’t see it happening either.

Advertisement
I hate to discourage this guy in anything he does, but I think you’re probably right. I mean I don’t even think they have a location yet. Sure, that agency will draw plans, he pays them the money they draw the plans. I hope I’m wrong about all this, but I don’t see it happening either.
I can't disagree either ... but... I can't knock the guy if his intentions really are sincere... I mean if there's real effort to do this and it's not just a publicity smoke screen then good luck to him in getting it done... He's done a lot of good thus far so I'm willing to see where he goes with this...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Crazy there’s so many openly on this site and I imagine locally down there that are adamantly against it.

Some fans
I don't think fans are "adamantly" against a Canes only stadium. The better description would be more "realistic". Getting a location, county and city approval, etc. are extremely steep uphill climbs. But **** yeah, if Ruiz is **** bent on building a solid stadium, please do sir.

One key note - just building a stadium is not going to magically lead to filling the stadium or improving the team as a whole. Stadiums/arenas get filled down here when the team is good and teams are good with solid management teams who acquire the proper players and coaches. Somebody mentioned the Heat's success in their building. They are a good team. They have a great owner, executive team, and coaches. It's not simply because they are located in downtown Miami. ****, if just building a stadium in Miami would do such wonders, somebody forgot to tell the Marlins.

I don't think fans are "adamantly" against a Canes only stadium. The better description would be more "realistic". Getting a location, county and city approval, etc. are extremely steep uphill climbs. But **** yeah, if Ruiz is **** bent on building a solid stadium, please do sir.

One key note - just building a stadium is not going to magically lead to filling the stadium or improving the team as a whole. Stadiums/arenas get filled down here when the team is good and teams are good with solid management teams who acquire the proper players and coaches. Somebody mentioned the Heat's success in their building. They are a good team. They have a great owner, executive team, and coaches. It's not simply because they are located in downtown Miami. ****, if just building a stadium in Miami would do such wonders, somebody forgot to tell the Marlins.
No sir, there are many who’ve posted on here they would fight against it. There’s a very easy difference to see between someone being realistic about it happening versus not wanting it to happen. I didn’t read all that

Advertisement
Back