Meet TNM and CMD

SpikeUM

Head Meshuggah
Premium

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
LMAO FREE? the University of MIAMI?

You must not be an alum. I spent six figured on an education and have gotten a couple "free" meals, drinks and swag from it. And then was relentlessly hounded for donations.
As soon as you graduate and get that alumni association letter, it’s like hey thank you for being an alumni you are a cane forever. Oh and don’t forget to give us money dammit lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Other universities don’t constantly hound their alumni for money...only UM

hahaha that's funny. EVERY top tier school does this. It's literally part of how they evaluate University's and rank them Nationally, by annual alumni giving percentage.

They're looking for participation, if you give $10 bucks they'll stop calling you for the year because you already count towards the participation percentage. How do you think DS was able to have UM crack the top 50? By cranking up the fundraising.

Anywho, $60 for 2 drinks and food at The Wharf is good with me. That place charges $15 a drink, there's $30 + food, so UM is making what, $10 bucks per person? I can live with that.

hahaha that's funny. EVERY top tier school does this. It's literally part of how they evaluate University's and rank them Nationally, by annual alumni giving percentage.

They're looking for participation, if you give $10 bucks they'll stop calling you for the year because you already count towards the participation percentage. How do you think DS was able to have UM crack the top 50? By cranking up the fundraising.

Anywho, $60 for 2 drinks and food at The Wharf is good with me. That place charges $15 a drink, there's $30 + food, so UM is making what, $10 bucks per person? I can live with that.

You are exactly correct. Of course 95% of the readers here don’t even understand what goes into these rankings, but alumni giving is one of the big factors. Like I said in another post a few weeks ago, as far as the US News and World Report rankings, only 10% of their ranking criteria is related to the academic quality of freshman admissions candidates. And only around 20% or so is based on academic metrics.

As far as the wharf, the $60 is not a bad deal at all. Considering what you’re getting and that you’re also contributing to the university. But again you can see why we have a hard time rising in the rankings, when people here are complaining about a voluntary event in which you actually get something back, in which they contribute money. We have the worst and cheapest fans ever.

Advertisement
Back