Confirmed Meet Blake James' Brother

Advertisement
Advertisement
Also from that article:

“Florida State, for instance, spent $67.7 million on football in 2020 — more than any public school in the country.”

…and they still suck.

Also from that article:

“Florida State, for instance, spent $67.7 million on football in 2020 — more than any public school in the country.”

Generous, too, considering the Noles are paying their previous coach more than their current one ... :LOL:

Also from that article:

…and they still suck.
And they continue to have to spend like that to pay off the stupid contract that they gave to slick Willie. In the meanwhile Taggart is living large since he was going to take the back to the promise land. I’ve got two really good friends that are seminoles and they are soooo clueless that it is just funny these days.

What can he do?

His lack of vision has left the ACC in an awful position. Before the B1G poached USC and UCLA (while being part of an "alliance" that everybody knew was a sham), the ACC could have been one of the big boys by going after some other big time schools and doubling school revenue. ACC has a lot of things to sell.

Academics
Big cities/media markets
Elite basketball
Lots of great all around athletic programs

Instead he sat idly by and now no big time school that would increase revenue sharing is going to join the ACC. And even if they wanted to he'd need to get new contracts signed by all the new schools without anybody wanting out.

If he was smart he should have went after 2 B1G schools like a Penn State and a Michigan or something along those lines and been extremely aggressive. I know it sounds crazy but so did Texas and Oklahoma leaving the Big12 and USC and UCLA leaving the Pac12.

Now the ACC has become the hunted instead of the hunter.

Advertisement
Probably seven for what it’s worth.
bill murray GIF

Also from that article:

…and they still suck.
Likely includes buy out payments, prefer if they just had an operating number, but the point was made.

Should've added "monthly"
Yup. A million isn’t as much as it once was. It’s 83,000 a month or about 3000 each and every day of the year. It’s enough for most, but it’s not a “lot” anymore. It’s almost meh

Advertisement
FWIW The ACC’s failures are solely on them. They made their championship games in the Carolina’s to appease “their people”.
They haven’t EVER been for Miami or anyone outside of the old basketball powers. Their elitists and they all deserve to lose their jobs. Maybe they can get something in lacrosse or The XFL going forward. F them

I'm conflicted wishing the acc a long slow painful death but realizing Miami is still in the conference. Gotta get out of the acc so I can go full out hoping the acc dies and the tobacco road mafia dies like Sears.

FWIW The ACC’s failures are solely on them. They made their championship games in the Carolina’s to appease “their people”.
They haven’t EVER been for Miami or anyone outside of the old basketball powers. Their elitists and they all deserve to lose their jobs. Maybe they can get something in lacrosse or The XFL going forward. F them
I mean, tbf, there is an NFL stadium in Charlotte... and it's 'sort of' neutral ground.

Advertisement
I'm conflicted wishing the acc a long slow painful death but realizing Miami is still in the conference. Gotta get out of the acc so I can go full out hoping the acc dies and the tobacco road mafia dies like Sears.
We need to be in a place (conference or whatever it may be) where croots know we're in a good place for their futures. Either ACC has to strengthen on all fronts, or we've got to get tf out.

We need to be in a place (conference or whatever it may be) where croots know we're in a good place for their futures. Either ACC has to strengthen on all fronts, or we've got to get tf out.
We gotta get out.. dude is not the right leader talking about what's fair for everybody in the sport. Listening to dude talk just cements the need imo.

I know it’s popular to pile on & over react, but let’s keep in mind Phillips didn’t sign anything. This was all Swofford. Timing is everything, in life. The B1G & SEC both had better leadership, & they were able to pivot quickly due to TV Contracts expiring. Hence, UT/OU (SEC) & UCLA/USC were all able to get poached for the next coming yrs b/c just like the SEC & B1G contracts r expiring, so r the PAC-12 & B12.

What we find ourselves in is a situation where we’re stuck w/ another 13 yrs on a bad contract. This ESPN contract hamstrung us, & as I’ve already posted many times since my lil cousin works for ESPN, it is a sweet heart deal for them, so y would they want to negotiate? I’m not sure what more Phillips can say or do coming after his predecessors’ decisions.

He’s being a little disingenuous, though, when it comes to these contracts. Yes, the bulk is predicated on Football, first, & b-ball second, by wouldn’t it be? Football is the #1 sport in America. These ADs r able to fund other non-revenue sports, & these non-revenue sports r allowed to be shown on TV b/c of these TV contracts. I’ve watched a ton of Women’s softball, Lacrosse, Tennis, Gymnastics more today than ever in my life b/c of these TV contracts. What he did was try to shift a narrative, a narrative that’s obsolete. He has no choice but to talk about the good ole days of what collegiate athletics meant, b/c The ACC is stuck!

Warren makes a great analogy of companies like Sears & Roebuck…there’s a lot of brick & mortar stores that went bye-bye b/c they couldn’t or wouldn’t keep up w/ trends. There’s a new trend that was surfacing in collegiate athletics, and I’m not sure the ACC is in a position to do anything b/c we’re the only conference who’s contract is not up in the next couple of yrs. Therefore, we gotta do we gotta do to jump ship.

Advertisement
Back