Medicine

AmherstCane

Recruit
That’s what this game was. The kind that makes you vomit going down… but then helps clear the disease.

Obviously this team tends to let up… I thought they improved in that area over the last couple weeks… tonight was hopefully the kind of lesson they needed to play 40 minutes every game the rest of the way.

Hopefully this next week is the best week of practice of the year and the guys come out hungry to play FORTY minutes to win a regular season championship next Saturday.

Advertisement
I think you're taking the loss too seriously.

Just due to the nature of the sport and number of games played in a basketball season, better teams will lose to worse teams from time to time. Its not like football where the stars all have to align.

Honestly this loss really means nothing in terms of our NCAA ability. It stings because its FSU. It stings because they came back. But our guys really didn't do a whole lot wrong yesterday. FSU just wasn't going to die. No matter how good you are this will happen to you at least once(99% of the time)

In terms of us needing the loss, (not saying you said it Amherst) I feel like you never need to lose BUT sometimes you can get complacent with bad habits when you are winning. Embarrassing losses to good teams can sometimes get you refocused on greatness.

If we lose to Pitt or any other team we are clearly better than before tournament time, I will be concerned.

That’s what this game was. The kind that makes you vomit going down… but then helps clear the disease.

Obviously this team tends to let up… I thought they improved in that area over the last couple weeks… tonight was hopefully the kind of lesson they needed to play 40 minutes every game the rest of the way.

Hopefully this next week is the best week of practice of the year and the guys come out hungry to play FORTY minutes to win a regular season championship next Saturday.
Odd game in that our season-long pattern had been to play a sluggish first half and own the second.

our lone true weak spot other than teams that are athletic with height seems to be bad teams who press late in games. It’s the only time this roster seems to lose its cool; when bad to average teams put on a half hearted press. We pulled out most games so it’s likely nothing but it does scare me the first two rounds when we will play games we are likely favored pretty handily in…

Advertisement
I think you're taking the loss too seriously.

Just due to the nature of the sport and number of games played in a basketball season, better teams will lose to worse teams from time to time. Its not like football where the stars all have to align.

Honestly this loss really means nothing in terms of our NCAA ability. It stings because its FSU. It stings because they came back. But our guys really didn't do a whole lot wrong yesterday. FSU just wasn't going to die. No matter how good you are this will happen to you at least once(99% of the time)

In terms of us needing the loss, (not saying you said it Amherst) I feel like you never need to lose BUT sometimes you can get complacent with bad habits when you are winning. Embarrassing losses to good teams can sometimes get you refocused on greatness.

If we lose to Pitt or any other team we are clearly better than before tournament time, I will be concerned.

I mean that was a really bad loss. A quad 4 home loss late in the season.

But I don’t think I’m taking it too seriously because I agree it doesn’t mean anything in terms of our NCAAT prospects… other than for seeding.

I actually think the loss may actually be a positive for two reasons:

1) Sustained defensive intensity has been this team's weakness. Losses have generally promoted improvement, so I’m hopeful that a week to digest this game will put us on a new win streak fueled by sustained defensive intensity.

2) This loss is the equivalent of losing a first round tournament game against a 14 seed… but we get to take that lesson and experience and learn from it without being eliminated.

This team can win it all if it plays every game like the last 40 minutes of their life.

Advertisement
Back