Measuring class rankings

canefan88xbl

Redshirt Freshman
Definitely mixed emotions looking at this recruiting class. It is definitely a strong class, but a lot of thought into what could have been if we landed McFarland, Henderson, etc. The pain is amplified since our loss was at the profit of UF. We also watched FSU close very strong on signing day.

Question for the board: if recruiting rankings existed going back to our glory days, would we have consistently landed a top 5-10 class? My feeling on Miami recruiting is that if we land a 5-15 class, we should have the ability to compete with anyone nationally, because the South Florida 3-stars are such a step ahead than everyone else in the country. If you see a 3-star from Connecticut, are you going to be enthusiastic about him? I'm not, they don't play real competition. Everything they are going to accomplish in high school is inflated.

Separately, those equating coaching to recruiting in year one sound moronic. James Coley was a fantastic recruiter. It doesn't matter how good your talent is, if you're not teaching them and putting them in a position to succeed (see: HB pass in the snow). The staff showed immaturity in the premature ejaculation of thinking they had recruits signed, but overall I'll take a coach on the field over one in the office any day of the week.

Advertisement
We've never been able to compete with FL and FSU for players even when we were good. They just have too much money and can get away with paying these players, and they've always made sure we couldn't do likewise without that ***tard Emmert nailing us for it. That clown truly loves all these big state schools and their programs while he persecutes smaller, private schools for BS violations. God, I hate the NCAA.

To answer your question the class ranking would most likely be the same now. We've never been know from grabbing all the "top 5" prospects. We are known for grabbing "Miami Guys". Kids with that dog in them that have huge chips on their shoulder.

If everyone thinks so highly of South Florida 3/4 star recruting then finishing 15th or better should be more than enough talent to compete with everyone.

To answer your question the class ranking would most likely be the same now. We've never been know from grabbing all the "top 5" prospects. We are known for grabbing "Miami Guys". Kids with that dog in them that have huge chips on their shoulder.

If everyone thinks so highly of South Florida 3/4 star recruting then finishing 15th or better should be more than enough talent to compete with everyone.

THIS!!! You can't talk out both sides of your mouth. You want to stay local..then don't expect to be top 5. I would rather have Amari Carter and Garvin over 90% of the guys ranked higher from other states.

We've never been able to compete with FL and FSU for players even when we were good. They just have too much money and can get away with paying these players, and they've always made sure we couldn't do likewise without that ***tard Emmert nailing us for it. That clown truly loves all these big state schools and their programs while he persecutes smaller, private schools for BS violations. God, I hate the NCAA.

Not true - for a VERY long time we signed what we wanted in our backyard - these were guys that played against other studs so we knew what we were getting - the SEC had very little success in our backyard (Auburn had a pipeline at Dillard for some reason) and while a few guys would get away - we signed who we wanted

Advertisement
Gators got lucky Slaton is still grades as an offensive lineman...he would be nowhere near the espn300 as a d-lineman....the classes averages (88.88 to 88.64) so close that i think we wouldve beat them out if not for that

Gators got lucky Slaton is still grades as an offensive lineman...he would be nowhere near the espn300 as a d-lineman....the classes averages (88.88 to 88.64) so close that i think we wouldve beat them out if not for that

UF also took Lemmons and Robinson who both are very questionable character-wise. Can Lemmons even get into UF? Without those two, they're much lower in the rankings (around 18-20). Regardless, Meyer left Muschamp with a loaded team and he lost to Miami with Al Golden. We'll continue to hand L's to those sucktards, with the next one coming up in 2019.

Timing is everything when it comes to the perception of a recruiting class. Everything that happens more recently seems so much more important. But if we are being real we will have immediate impact players in Perry (or Weldon), Thomas, Donaldson, DJ Johnson, Dean, Bandy, Carter. Plus it looks like this staff is going to be getting Deejay into some wildcat.

So by my calculation it looks like at least 6 instant impact players in this class, which would basically match how many we had last year with Richards, Joe Jackson, Shaq, Pinckney, mccloud, young.

This class is much better than last class imo. And I expect next years class to be better than this one.

Advertisement
Back