Meaningful Coin Toss

btcane

Sophomore
With two (2) D Bs out for the first half it very much behoves us to win the toss and receive. Then trying to eat as much clock as possible.

Advertisement
If the coin toss is meaningful vs Cincinnati then you have a whole host of problems (which we do).

What is the most you've ever lost in a coin toss?
NCOM.gif

Advertisement
The state of our program - let's pray we win the coin toss so that we can drain the clock against Cincy and their backup QB making the first start of his career.

If things are all equal, then you may have a point. I get what you were trying to say. Our dumb staff would probably give them the ball if we win the toss.

I hope the plan is to score when we have the ball, and prevent them from scoring when they have the ball. Everything else is bull****.

Advertisement
Here's the thing... We do that just to try to take more time off the clock and you KNOW what will happen. We'll run twice for no gain, then throw a bubble screen for a 4 yard loss. Yup, three and out. So not only would we take very little time off the clock, they would get the ball first to start the second half.

If we want the ball first, I say we kick to them, but try an onside kick. They wouldn't see it coming, and we'd send a strong message right off the bat. If our D is going to be that bad, what's 20 or so yards we'd be giving up? They'll probably pick it up anyway in a play or two.

"Well, you know Joe, when we lost that coin toss before the first half...all of the momentum shifted in Cincy's favor."

"Well Joe, do you have any idea how hard it is to win a night game on the road after you lose a coin toss?"

"Well, you know Joe, when we lost that coin toss before the first half...all of the momentum shifted in Cincy's favor."

give it time tnt guy will be in here to dv you. Plus 1, this had me a laughing because i could actually picture this happening

Advertisement
Did this clown start a thread calling the coin toss against Cincinnati "meaningful"? I can picture him sitting there and getting this sudden epiphany as he breathes loudly through his slack jaws.

You know Joe, home teams that win the coin toss on an ESPN Thursday Night Game have a .732 winning percentage over the last decade. We really needed that coin toss. We put the call in for "heads" and Brad said "tails", simple as that. We need to go and get this corrected before the tournament starts next week. No one is more upset than Brad. But, he's a tough kid, he'll bounce back. We'll probably let Trent do the coin toss calls for the rest of the season.

Advertisement
You know Joe, home teams that win the coin toss on an ESPN Thursday Night Game have a .732 winning percentage over the last decade. We really needed that coin toss. We put the call in for "heads" and Brad said "tails", simple as that. We need to go and get this corrected before the tournament starts next week. No one is more upset than Brad. But, he's a tough kid, he'll bounce back. We'll probably let Trent do the coin toss calls for the rest of the season.

Even better. I like the those your best player under the bus again (like Duke) touch. Very Al. He did it after NE game, mentioning Brad's one pick but not his defenses complete collapse.

Advertisement
Back