McFarland if we sign him to be used in the slot a lot

CarolCityHigh

Freshman
From A.S.---
"When I went down there the academic support is similar to DeMatha, and that's the support I want in college. And I like the running back situation too. I heard (Joe) Yearby and Gus (Edwards) may be leaving, and the coaches are talking about me playing slot a lot this year and running back. So I'll be versatile, and that's what I like the most. I want to be valuable to a team. It doesn't matter if I start or not, as long as I'm valuable as a freshman."

He has that great burst plus powerful running ability--speed well below the national elite standards
55m speed---6.45 {national elite- 6.62}

60m speed --6.84-{national elite- 7.05}

Advertisement
Advertisement
alot of people saying its maryland lately

You can never rule out the hometown team, but all the top Maryland talent is leaving the state, so it makes more sense for him to follow suit and do what's best for him. Plus, didn't Maryland just lose to an AWFUL BC team? They are not a good team.

You can never rule out the hometown team, but all the top Maryland talent is leaving the state, so it makes more sense for him to follow suit and do what's best for him. Plus, didn't Maryland just lose to an AWFUL BC team? They are not a good team.

I agree... will any of these posters and websites put their house on the line in a bet? See this before.

Advertisement

Only 1 Vanderbilt writer has CB'd him to Maryland recently, who probably has never even talked to the kid. Meanwhile, every other recruiting analyst has him pegged to Miami.

Anthony McFarland Jr.'s Crystal Ball Predictions

Furthermore, his comments regarding Miami having the same type of academic situation similar to his high school, and the fact that he believes Gus and Yearby are gone next year shows where he's leaning. ****, his dad even says he's leaning Miami.

Advertisement
Here is the best part about those track numbers. He is 5'9 205 as a senior. That is Duke size as a junior in college. This kid has big time written all over him, if he stays healthy. Could be a legit 220 by his soph year. A low to the ground bowling ball with break away speed and hands.

Absolutely love the idea of using him in the slot as and as a flex back (think a stronger, better balanced Dexter Mccluster role). It's a missing component to stretching the defense out horizontally through the run. Beyond that, we've been weak with short area quickness guys. Really, really like the idea. He can also get immediate PT without affecting Walton and Homer. If Kaaya is gone, we likely need to win games with efficiency.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here is the best part about those track numbers. He is 5'9 205 as a senior. That is Duke size as a junior in college. This kid has big time written all over him, if he stays healthy. Could be a legit 220 by his soph year. A low to the ground bowling ball with break away speed and hands.

Sam Bruce speed in a Joe Yearby/Duke body--sounds OK!

From A.S.---
"When I went down there the academic support is similar to DeMatha, and that's the support I want in college. And I like the running back situation too. I heard (Joe) Yearby and Gus (Edwards) may be leaving, and the coaches are talking about me playing slot a lot this year and running back. So I'll be versatile, and that's what I like the most. I want to be valuable to a team. It doesn't matter if I start or not, as long as I'm valuable as a freshman."

He has that great burst plus powerful running ability--speed well below the national elite standards
55m speed---6.45 {national elite- 6.62}

60m speed --6.84-{national elite- 7.05}

Hope he comes so people stop wailing about Sam Bruce and Mike Harley.

Kids film is pretty good. But when a kid says the dreaded "with the win it helped me with Miami" ... It does not bode well. I thought we were his clear cut leader? Hopefully we can land him bc the RB rotation after Walton leaves is dire. Also have to wonder what production we get from Burns later.down the line.

Advertisement
Back