McElwain hoping Richt would get job elsewhere

Never like to see a rival coach or fan talking up our HC. McEltooth kicked his *** with an armless midget QB last year.

Richt should whip his *** recruiting South Florida just like McEltooth should kick Richt's *** recruiting Gainesville.

Nah, Richt wasn't calling plays and hadn't coached offense for several years. He didn't beat the Richt we have.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah where's your teams offense? And I'd hate that place Gainesville to like you.
That is what is so crazy about playing against Richt and why I love it. UF has had a terrible offense the past few years yet UF has found a way to out coach Richt.

Dude your beloved Gators got there a**es handed to them by an AL Golden coached team lmao, pretty sure with better athletes down here Richt will own Mceltooth.
Richt is going to have better teams and ath with Miami then he had with UGA?

Yes, and the reason is simply numbers.
4 and 5 stars per state (ESPN)
2016...Florida 74, Georgia 41
To date 2017...Florida 56, Georgia 38
This and the fact that Saban isn't right next door anymore.
There's no reason why Richt shouldn't be flirting with a top-5 class, year-in, year-out.

This guy's right. Plus like the other poster said, UF beat richt while he basically was a CEO, now he's calling the shots and once we beat Florida again they'll crawl back into hiding and refuse to play us.

That is what is so crazy about playing against Richt and why I love it. UF has had a terrible offense the past few years yet UF has found a way to out coach Richt.

Dude your beloved Gators got there a**es handed to them by an AL Golden coached team lmao, pretty sure with better athletes down here Richt will own Mceltooth.
Richt is going to have better teams and ath with Miami then he had with UGA?

Yes, and the reason is simply numbers.
4 and 5 stars per state (ESPN)
2016...Florida 74, Georgia 41
To date 2017...Florida 56, Georgia 38
This and the fact that Saban isn't right next door anymore.
There's no reason why Richt shouldn't be flirting with a top-5 class, year-in, year-out.

This guy's right. Plus like the other poster said, UF beat richt while he basically was a CEO, now he's calling the shots and once we beat Florida again they'll crawl back into hiding and refuse to play us.

Richt did a great job of recruiting at UGA but it wasn't quite as good as the Florida schools. If you're one of the Big 3 in Florida, and you're winning, you're going to have outstanding recruiting succcess.

Since 2004:
School/average rank/ top-5 finishes (Rivals)

FSU----- 7.4/ 7
Florida-- 7.6/ 7
UGA---- 8.2/ 2
Miami-- 15.1/ 3

I doubt if there are any other schools in the country that have, averaged less than 8 wins a year, have had 3 coaching changes, haven't won a division/conference title, AND are still in the top 15 in recruiting since 2003.

Advertisement
Back