McDermott Excited For Road Environment

McDermott received his first game action of his career against Florida A&M in the second half. Last week against Arkansas State, McDermott got in the game in the fourth quarter and was proud of the improvements he made.

-Says “I have seen much improvement from myself,” “I am more confident. I was a little jitter in the first game I played against FAMU. I got those jitters out and I feel like I played a lot better against Arkansas State. I just hope it carries over into every game. The goal is to keep getting better every week.”

-The second unit offensive line was missing center Alex Gall against Arkansas State, but McDermott was pleased with their development as a group.

-Says “We definitely improved during that game,” “We did a great job of closing out the game with a three minute drive. I think it gave coach Golden trust that he can put us out there with the first team if he has to.”

-This week, Miami travels to Lincoln, Nebraska to to play in one of the toughest road environment in the country. McDermott traveled to Louisville, but did not play in the game. That trip gave him an idea of what to expect in a tough college atmosphere.

-Says “In high school, the bigger the game we played, the better I played,” “I am excited for this game and the environment we are going to walk into. I know that nobody can stop our team with the way that we are practicing. We are playing really hard and preparing for this environment and getting better.”

-McDermott has received advice from his older brother, Shane, to not make this game bigger than it is.

-Says “His advice is that it is just like practice, it is just a different opponent,” “He tells me to watch film so I know what is coming, but at the end of the day it is just like practice.”

-Miami’s offensive line struggled during the season opener at Louisville, but McDermott is confident they have cleaned up those mistakes.

-Says “Nothing has distracted us from getting better ever since we got back from Louisville,” “We practiced hard and started getting better with our calls and now we know how to talk to each other in different situations.”

-Nebraska features one of the top defensive lines that Miami will see all season. McDermott and the UM offensive line is embracing the challenge of neutralizing that unit.

-Says “They have a good defensive line,” McDermott said. “There is a reason why they are a ranked opponent and the defensive line is one of the strongest points on their team. We just have to dominate as an offensive line up front.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/...ation.Success=You+have+successfully+logged+in!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back