McCray the "Mid commit"

-on visit "It was a last-minute thing," "It was good, I really liked it."
-best part? "Just interacting with some of the players on the team," "I think they're really great guys."
-will also visit LSU in January. Asked if he's a soft or solid Cane commitment, his response was that he's a "mid" commit
-What does that mean? "It's between solid and soft,":confused:
-friends with Powell, Thomas and Bethel, who all took the visit with him. "I'm really cool with them," McCray said, adding that Powell has now firmed up his UM commitment.
-"I talked to him yesterday - he'll be at Miami,"
- impact can this defensive recruiting class have? "With the team, the class that's coming in, I think that everyone can make an impact," "There are some really talented players and I know they are all ready to play. I believe we can make an impact right away."
-"I got right back to work, working out," "You can't take any time off."
-On coach Paul Williams. "We talk about anything, football, life," "I think he's a real great guy.
-"I have a good connection with all the Miami coaches."
-whats the future of the program? "I see the Hurricanes making a run," "I feel they had a great season. I feel they could have gone all the way, just had a few bumps. When we get it all settled down, as we grow Miami will be one of the top teams."

http://miami.rivals.com/default.asp

Advertisement
Would like to have him, but if he goes elsewhere...

572.gif

-on visit "It was a last-minute thing," "It was good, I really liked it."
-best part? "Just interacting with some of the players on the team," "I think they're really great guys."
-will also visit LSU in January. Asked if he's a soft or solid Cane commitment, his response was that he's a "mid" commit
-What does that mean? "It's between solid and soft,":confused:

-friends with Powell, Thomas and Bethel, who all took the visit with him. "I'm really cool with them," McCray said, adding that Powell has now firmed up his UM commitment.
-"I talked to him yesterday - he'll be at Miami,"
- impact can this defensive recruiting class have? "With the team, the class that's coming in, I think that everyone can make an impact," "There are some really talented players and I know they are all ready to play. I believe we can make an impact right away."
-"I got right back to work, working out," "You can't take any time off."
-On coach Paul Williams. "We talk about anything, football, life," "I think he's a real great guy.
-"I have a good connection with all the Miami coaches."
-whats the future of the program? "I see the Hurricanes making a run," "I feel they had a great season. I feel they could have gone all the way, just had a few bumps. When we get it all settled down, as we grow Miami will be one of the top teams."

http://miami.rivals.com/default.asp

Makes sense

There is a lot of "we" in his answers. If he is a "mid-commit", there is no "we" in the conversation.

Things that make you go hmmm....

Advertisement
the kid is just trying pretend he's better than what he actually is, which is a Glenn Cook / Romeo Davis equivalent

Ehh...

I like all of Goldens decisions, but the choice to offer this kid and not Skai last year still eats at me.

Hopefully Figueroa, Owens & Young will help me forget

Kid committed to hold a spot with us. Will go to LSU with the rest of the Ely crew.

Advertisement
Ehh...

I like all of Goldens decisions, but the choice to offer this kid and not Skai last year still eats at me.

Hopefully Figueroa, Owens & Young will help me forget

i hate this argument. these dudes are in different classes it isnt like he offered him OVER skai

Urban Meyer - Dwyer High
Frank Beamer - Atlantic High
Les Miles - ELY High

PJ
Avery Johnson
Rashard Robinson
Next ......

Advertisement
you have no idea if his convos w/ the staff are different than the ones w/ reporters. he may have told al he's coming but wants to take a trip, so, he says something else to the media. it doesn't mean al is looking. if he's telling al he's still considering lsu, then, al is looking. our staff lets commits take other trips. no one knows what is said behind closed doors.

Normally I don't think we should be too worried, but I can't help but get nervous when an Ely kid is visiting LSU. One of my coaches a while back was a GA under Les Miles and he told us a ton of shady stories. He was around when Miles paid Dwayne Bowe to flip over to LSU. I'm gonna cross my fingers for this one.

he may have told al he's coming but says something else to the media. it doesn't mean al is looking.

AG has learned his lesson on taking a recruits word for it. Thomas was supposedly a slient to him. He put all his eggs in that basket & got burnt over a kid lying to his face (despite the red flags on the surface). It won't happen again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back