McCloud

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't worry guys. With Baker reliquishing play calling duties, he will now have more time to coach up the LB's.

Attachments

• 1359312344292.gif
    1359312344292.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
If he’s a stater vs Bama they run for 500. Let the kid come back as a grad assistant. ****!!!!

Your brain can’t possibly function this basically
Okay so bringing Baker back but demoting him and retaining Patke, and now McCloud (who’s been the weak link of the LBs ever since he started 10 years ago) going to get seniority snaps over better underclassmen is a good thing right?

your brain can’t possibly function this basically

Advertisement
You can't complain about guys leaving early - when they aren't ready - in one post...and then trash another guy for coming back when he wouldn't have a pro career in another. Don't be hypocrites.

Its college football. Age matters. And these seniors returning are basically freebie scholarships. No harm roster spot.

I don't necessarily want this guy doing the same thing he did last year, but if he's coming back and open to moving around (I recall moving to EDGE was a possibility) than who cares? If he is still getting a ton of reps at traditional linebacker...maybe your younger heroes ain't all that.
Agree, we (myself included) always complain about guys leaving early and hurting our depth. But I think where most have an issue with is are the coaches able to manage the situation from a snap count perspective? IF McCloud can get some burn at DE and be effective in limited snaps AND we can get some of the younger talent on the field as well I'm OK with that. However, if he shows he's not effective at DE either and just taking up snaps and the coaches don't relegate him to the bench...we have a problem.

There's no way they are letting him come back to do anything other than special teams and a part time rush end
Yea that’s what we all thought this year...but I guess the new DC and LBer coach will figure out he sucks and put someone else that can actually play LBer out there......oh wait 🥴

Advertisement
So now I’m fully expecting Carter to come back. Christ Manny grow a pair and encourage guys like Martell, Carter, McCloud, Jennings, Ivey, Pope, Wiggins to leave.

Advertisement
Manny and Baker were at a cross-road with McCloud earlier this season when it became apparent that McCloud just wasn't going to be a good LB. They should've started moving him over to DE to get reps and start the journey at that position.

I'm not going to trash him for coming back. But it better not be at LB, we saw that for 5 years and he just hasn't improved. I think he had/has more upside at DE, but I feel like that transition is too late.

So now I’m fully expecting Carter to come back. Christ Manny grow a pair and encourage guys like Martell, Carter, McCloud, Jennings, Ivey, Pope, Wiggins to leave.

Ivey can stay. I'd like to see what T-Rob does with him. Carter should've been moved to LB (similar to how McCloud should've been moved to DE). Pope and Wiggins are who they are at this point.

McCloud needs to get on a cycle or two real quick, because I'm sick of seeing him out of position and getting beat to the edge, and mis-reading the RPO, and getting beat by backs receiving passes in the flat, and.....and....and....

Advertisement
Back