Maybe the public decommit is the new "wink"...

TheOriginalCane

So say good night to the bad guy!
Premium
With Richt having apprenticed under the "Signing Day Shocker" Jedi Master, Bobby Bowden, I'm beginning to wonder if Richt has told the kids who were verbals elsewhere something to the effect of "if you publicly decommit, that is the sign you are picking Miami, and we'll hold your spot for you."

That's 3 decommits in a short period, plus Pouncey earlier.

And we have a decent shot with EIGHT Rivals-250 guys, seven of whom have visited recently (I'm not holding out much hope on Slaton, but you never know). It's been about a decade now since I've had genuine excitement for NSD, but I like our chances to pick up at least 5 of the Rivals-250 guys (and that's not counting Dean, who is #8 in the Rivals JuCo rankings), and that is a helluva close by anyone's standards.

If Richt can turn these late guys into the perception AND reality that UM is a top choice school again, we are going to clean up next year. We have a serious chance to land 4 guys who are (or will soon be) legitimate 5-stars (Top 30 to 35 in the rankings).

Advertisement
It also tells the team they were committed to that they should offer someone else.

It'd be ****ish to wait till signing day to flip.

Advertisement
It's an interesting theory. I'm typically not surprised until the ink is dry, but this year does seem like there are a few guys who would be absolute stunners to go elsewhere based on how things have transpired (so it's a little odd that they've all decided to wait until NSD). Harley can't decide where he's visiting this weekend and Dean hasn't visited anywhere else so barring something strange it seems like there's not even much competition for some of these guys. Hopefully the McFarland announcement kicks things off and starts the avalanche. We haven't had a good NSD since 08 so we're due.

Rick strikes me as too much of a conservative straight shooter to tell recruits to play games like that. But then again, serial killers are always the ones you D least expect.

With Richt having apprenticed under the "Signing Day Shocker" Jedi Master, Bobby Bowden, I'm beginning to wonder if Richt has told the kids who were verbals elsewhere something to the effect of "if you publicly decommit, that is the sign you are picking Miami, and we'll hold your spot for you."

And we have a decent shot with EIGHT Rivals-250 guys, seven of whom have visited recently (I'm not holding out much hope on Slaton, but you never know). It's been about a decade now since I've had genuine excitement for NSD, but I like our chances to pick up at least 5 of the Rivals-250 guys (and that's not counting Dean, who is #8 in the Rivals JuCo rankings), and that is a helluva close by anyone's standards.

If Richt can turn these late guys into the perception AND reality that UM is a top choice school again, we are going to clean up next year. We have a serious chance to land 4 guys who are (or will soon be) legitimate 5-stars (Top 30 to 35 in the rankings).

I dont think its any type of wink but I do think this staff has told them when we get down to 2 weeks and you want us to keep recruiting you, you need to open up your recruitment.

Advertisement
Advertisement

now this is worth reading!! if our QB come in and shine we will beat florida state with a high powered offense and defense. these guys ready to play now and that's why we have a chance with all of them even hebert. we still need our d- line trench but ill take this offense over anyone if we clean house. jeff thomas is a 5* star his per % is so high we know they playing games and that's why i m super excited about this class, it can easily be the best class in a long time.

It's an interesting theory. I'm typically not surprised until the ink is dry, but this year does seem like there are a few guys who would be absolute stunners to go elsewhere based on how things have transpired (so it's a little odd that they've all decided to wait until NSD). Harley can't decide where he's visiting this weekend and Dean hasn't visited anywhere else so barring something strange it seems like there's not even much competition for some of these guys. Hopefully the McFarland announcement kicks things off and starts the avalanche. We haven't had a good NSD since 08 so we're due.

ikr i've been sick looking at espn every year with the hat tricks, thank God we got arhmond last year.

Advertisement

ikr i've been sick looking at espn every year with the hat tricks, thank God we got arhmond last year.

And Irving! Amirite?

Advertisement
Back