Maybe Golden....

Canespady

Recruit
Knows what he talking about...KSU and Notre Lame are legit top ten teams...

I really think the Randy Shannon hire set this program back a few years. I know you have you have your Golden haters and lovers. I am trying to bee objective on the topic. For some odd reason most on here spit on the job that Al Golden did at Temple. Let's be real: Temple was a gurantee win any time you played them, and most knew it. The fact that he could make Temple Program a opponent where you had to take them serious is a feat of its own.

Are their some legit concern about the staff? Sure
Does this Fanbase want instant success? **** Yea, myself included!

But you can't run a program the way Clappy and Shannon did for 8 years, and expect this thing to be turned around in 2 years. Is Golden a Saban, Meyer, or Carroll? Only time will tell. I think he is our version of Frank Beamer, Consistant 10-2, 11-1 seasons..always in contention...

Hey if we gave Clappy and Shannon 8+ years:ohlord:, we can give Golden 4-5 years. Let the man build a program....:crownpour:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Couldn't agree more. It took Saban a few years at Alabama with a decent roster and I imagine significantly better resources to work with (staff, athletic facilities, strength and nutrition program, etc...). Golden inherited nothing.

We have been beaten by two top ten teams and an FSU team that has an SEC quality defense (they just looked so much faster than anyone we have played). I honestly believe we win the UNC game if Morris doesn't turn an ankle. Yeah the losses suck and the wins haven't been convincing, but that is where our team is. I think we are playing well for what we have.

It seemed like a lot of people on the board where very negative about this year's team, and for good reason. We are young and have no depth. Then we win a couple and people get up beat, then we lose a few and people get all depressed and I don't even visit the site because it is so negative. Nice to see a realistic post about the process.

We have definitely improved on defense once our young guys have started picking up the scheme. Our offense ran into roadblocks against some of the best defenses at this level right now. Also to be expected. The reality is not even the top teams in the country score a lot of points against the top defenses (look at what K State did to WVU).

Put our defense in two years against that FSU team, add a couple of top flight running backs, an offensive line with more than a few starts among them, and some receivers with more consistency (a tight end or two perhaps), and we win easily. Those Notre Dame and KState games start looking a lot better too.

There are so many areas that need improvement on our team, but none that can't be fixed in a couple of recruiting cycles and with some player development. Meanwhile we are in decent shape in several areas. I think relatively small improvements in each group will result in big gains as a team. Most teams have the luxury of being able to hide a less advanced position group with a couple of well developed ones. We don't have that advantage. Anywhere. The silver lining, however, is that we are getting talented young guys a ton of experience, so when it all starts to click it will happen together and the results will be very gratifying.

Shannon lovers won't admit what Golden was handed.....

Stephen Morris the was basically the only scholly QB
DE Depth was terrible!!!
WR Depth was baciscally D.Johnson and K. Thompkins!
Possible Sanctions!!
No Nutrition Program!!
Terrible S&C Regime!!

All that with whatever was held over from Clappy. At least Urban left Muschamp a Top 30 Defense, and Ol' Bobby left Jimbo a decent team for them to go 10-4..

His tenure was a failure, history will never show anything but that. Not only did he fail but he was unable to control his staff who lead us to Shapiro.

So Failure (Recruiting and Lack of Wins)

+
Randy's Lack of Control (Hurtt == >Nevin)

=

Randy's Tenure

You guys need to bury Randy's tenure from this program. Just let it go. We just need to give AL a fair chance and understand where we are today.

His tenure was a failure, history will never show anything but that. Not only did he fail but he was unable to control his staff who lead us to Shapiro.

+

=

Randy's Tenure

You guys need to bury Randy's tenure from this program. Just let it go. We just need to give AL a fair chance and understand where we are today.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Consigliere again.

Advertisement

+

=

Randy's Tenure

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Consigliere again.

I don't follow.

What is "reputation?"

You want some daps, **** I ***** with cha!

Advertisement
Back